Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner.

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> RodS > wrote:
> : On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> : >
> : > I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
> : > biscuits with sausage gravy
>
> : I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>
> : Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?
>

> : and I don't know why. Those are something I
> : > very rarely eat! But if I am going to have a craving it's not necessarily
> : > for a salty food but a crunchy one. Granted a lot of the crunchy foods I
> : > might eat are salty.
> : --
> : (- -)
> : =m=(_)=m=
> : RodS T2
> : Australia
>
> In American English "biscuits" are similaar to unsweetened scones, not
> what we call "cookies," and other English speakers call "biscuits." I
> have no idea about sausage gravy as I have never seen, nor had it. I
> don't know if it is a gravy made from sausages or one that you put on
> sausages.

It's a southern thing. It's a white gravy, fairly thick, with crumbles
of breakfast sausage in it. Primary ingredients, aside from the sausage,
would be flour and milk.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:

: > RodS > wrote:
: > : On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
: >
: > : >
: > : > I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
: > : > biscuits with sausage gravy
: >
: > : I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
: >
: > : Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?
: >
: >
: > : and I don't know why. Those are something I
: > : > very rarely eat! But if I am going to have a craving it's not necessarily
: > : > for a salty food but a crunchy one. Granted a lot of the crunchy foods I
: > : > might eat are salty.
: > : --
: > : (- -)
: > : =m=(_)=m=
: > : RodS T2
: > : Australia
: >
: > In American English "biscuits" are similaar to unsweetened scones, not
: > what we call "cookies," and other English speakers call "biscuits." I
: > have no idea about sausage gravy as I have never seen, nor had it. I
: > don't know if it is a gravy made from sausages or one that you put on
: > sausages.

: It's a southern thing. It's a white gravy, fairly thick, with crumbles
: of breakfast sausage in it. Primary ingredients, aside from the sausage,
: would be flour and milk.

: --
: "Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
: what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

No wonder I don't know much about it as I am no Souhern and i really is
one of the least kosher combos I could think of. Only if you used, say
crushed shrimp shells to flavot he white sauce could you top it for
treifness[unkosherness] :-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
>> biscuits with sausage gravy

> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>
> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message

> No wonder I don't know much about it as I am no Souhern and i really
> is
> one of the least kosher combos I could think of. Only if you used,
> say
> crushed shrimp shells to flavot he white sauce could you top it for
> treifness[unkosherness] :-)

lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message ...
> On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
>> biscuits with sausage gravy

> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>
> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

American biscuits are not sweet. They're a quick bread. Sort of like a
scone but no sugar. Sausage gravy is a little bit of found sausage cooked,
then flour is added, then some milk or cream to make a gravy. Lots of black
pepper and sometimes hot pepper is added.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Alice Faber > wrote:
> : In article >,
> : "W. Baker" > wrote:
>
> : > RodS > wrote:
> : > : On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> : >
> : > : >
> : > : > I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was
> craving
> : > : > biscuits with sausage gravy
> : >
> : > : I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
> : >
> : > : Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?
> : >
> : >
> : > : and I don't know why. Those are something I
> : > : > very rarely eat! But if I am going to have a craving it's not
> necessarily
> : > : > for a salty food but a crunchy one. Granted a lot of the crunchy
> foods I
> : > : > might eat are salty.
> : > : --
> : > : (- -)
> : > : =m=(_)=m=
> : > : RodS T2
> : > : Australia
> : >
> : > In American English "biscuits" are similaar to unsweetened scones, not
> : > what we call "cookies," and other English speakers call "biscuits." I
> : > have no idea about sausage gravy as I have never seen, nor had it. I
> : > don't know if it is a gravy made from sausages or one that you put on
> : > sausages.
>
> : It's a southern thing. It's a white gravy, fairly thick, with crumbles
> : of breakfast sausage in it. Primary ingredients, aside from the sausage,
> : would be flour and milk.
>
> : --
> : "Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
> : what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
>
> No wonder I don't know much about it as I am no Souhern and i really is
> one of the least kosher combos I could think of. Only if you used, say
> crushed shrimp shells to flavot he white sauce could you top it for
> treifness[unkosherness] :-)

I have made it using rice milk and you can use turkey sausage.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "RodS" > wrote in message
>> On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>>> I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
>>> biscuits with sausage gravy

>> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>>
>> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

> American biscuits are not sweet. They're a quick bread. Sort of like
> a scone but no sugar.

I only add sugar to a scone if I want a sweet one like adding sultanas
or mixed dried fruit (like you put in a fruit cake) and only then a
little sugar and some sprinkled on top. I am more likely to make savoury
scones with ham, cheese, paprika etc. My kids prefer the plain ones,
warm, with butter and jam or honey.

Sausage gravy is a little bit of found sausage cooked,
> then flour is added, then some milk or cream to make a gravy. Lots of
> black pepper and sometimes hot pepper is added.

I like white sauce on fish, corned beef etc but a meat gravy I like to
be brown I would just have to add some gravy browning (for the looks
not the taste!) Parisian essence I used to have on hand when I was a
new bride, lol. I never did manage to make a brown gravy from the pan
drippings successfully.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>>>
>>> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

>> American biscuits are not sweet. They're a quick bread. Sort of like a
>> scone but no sugar.

> I only add sugar to a scone if I want a sweet one like adding sultanas or
> mixed dried fruit (like you put in a fruit cake) and only then a little
> sugar and some sprinkled on top. I am more likely to make savoury scones
> with ham, cheese, paprika etc. My kids prefer the plain ones, warm, with
> butter and jam or honey.
>
> Sausage gravy is a little bit of found sausage cooked,
>> then flour is added, then some milk or cream to make a gravy. Lots of
>> black pepper and sometimes hot pepper is added.

> I like white sauce on fish, corned beef etc but a meat gravy I like to be
> brown I would just have to add some gravy browning (for the looks not
> the taste!) Parisian essence I used to have on hand when I was a new
> bride, lol. I never did manage to make a brown gravy from the pan
> drippings successfully.

Found sausage? Yikes! Make that GROUND sausage.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 25/07/2011 7:23 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "RodS" > wrote in message ...
>> On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>>> I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
>>> biscuits with sausage gravy

>> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>>
>> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

> Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.

Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Alice Faber > wrote:
: > : In article >,
: > : "W. Baker" > wrote:
: >
: > : > RodS > wrote:
: > : > : On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > : >
: > : > : >
: > : > : > I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was
: > craving
: > : > : > biscuits with sausage gravy
: > : >
: > : > : I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
: > : >
: > : > : Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > : and I don't know why. Those are something I
: > : > : > very rarely eat! But if I am going to have a craving it's not
: > necessarily
: > : > : > for a salty food but a crunchy one. Granted a lot of the crunchy
: > foods I
: > : > : > might eat are salty.
: > : > : --
: > : > : (- -)
: > : > : =m=(_)=m=
: > : > : RodS T2
: > : > : Australia
: > : >
[...]

OK, then I would just have the carbs to contend with:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 25/07/2011 7:23 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>>>
>>> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

>> Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.
>>

> Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
> Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

lol, and canned chicken?

Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with
mayo I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never said
anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and breathed
Maccas food

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Alice Faber > wrote:
> : > : In article >,
> : > : "W. Baker" > wrote:
> : >
> : > : > RodS > wrote:
> : > : > : On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> : > : >
> : > : > : >
> : > : > : > I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was
> : > craving
> : > : > : > biscuits with sausage gravy
> : > : >
> : > : > : I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
> : > : >
> : > : > : Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?
> : > : >
> : > : >
> : > : > : and I don't know why. Those are something I
> : > : > : > very rarely eat! But if I am going to have a craving it's not
> : > necessarily
> : > : > : > for a salty food but a crunchy one. Granted a lot of the
> crunchy
> : > foods I
> : > : > : > might eat are salty.
> : > : > : --
> : > : > : (- -)
> : > : > : =m=(_)=m=
> : > : > : RodS T2
> : > : > : Australia
> : > : >
> : > : > In American English "biscuits" are similaar to unsweetened scones,
> not
> : > : > what we call "cookies," and other English speakers call
> "biscuits." I
> : > : > have no idea about sausage gravy as I have never seen, nor had it.
> : > : > don't know if it is a gravy made from sausages or one that you put
> on
> : > : > sausages.
> : >
> : > : It's a southern thing. It's a white gravy, fairly thick, with
> crumbles
> : > : of breakfast sausage in it. Primary ingredients, aside from the
> sausage,
> : > : would be flour and milk.
> : >
> : > : --
> : > : "Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then
> attack
> : > : what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
> : >
> : > No wonder I don't know much about it as I am no Souhern and i really
> is
> : > one of the least kosher combos I could think of. Only if you used,
> say
> : > crushed shrimp shells to flavot he white sauce could you top it for
> : > treifness[unkosherness] :-)
>
> : I have made it using rice milk and you can use turkey sausage.
>
> OK, then I would just have the carbs to contend with:-)

I did have them yesterday. It cured the craving. I had them with a dinner
salad and then I just ate the tops off of the biscuits which IMO is the best
part. BG was fine after.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message ...
> On 25/07/2011 7:23 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>>>
>>> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

>> Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.
>>

> Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with Grits
> to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

Dare I mention corn pone?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "RodS" > wrote in message ...

>>> Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.
>>>

>> Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
>> Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

> lol, and canned chicken?
>
> Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with mayo
> I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never said
> anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and breathed
> Maccas food

Angela and I have been eating canned chicken every week this summer. I got
a lot of coupons for Bob Evan's mashed potatoes which she loves. I didn't
like them when I first had them but they have grown on it. I heat those
then I make a gravy of the chicken by heating it along with the water it
comes in, in a large skillet. Then I add a little rice flour, pepper and
parsley. Cook for a minute then slowly stir in a can of chicken broth,
mashing the chicken as I go. Works for me because I can't stand biting into
a chunk of chicken. I also do this with canned turkey.

Winco foods carries a whole chicken in a can. Angela keeps wanting to buy
it but she too has an issue with bones in food so I would never buy it for
us. Might buy it for the food bank if I am ever feeling wealthy. I think it
costs about $8. The cans of chicken breast are much cheaper.

I guess what you like all depends on what you grew up on. We had a lot of
barely seasoned food and stuff from cans.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 25/07/2011 1:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message ...

>>> Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.
>>>

>> Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with Grits
>> to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

> Dare I mention corn pone?

Heard of it no idea what it is, Corned pony perhaps ?

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message ...
> On 25/07/2011 1:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
>>> Grits
>>> to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

>> Dare I mention corn pone?
>>

> Heard of it no idea what it is, Corned pony perhaps ?

Apparently it's like corn bread but cooked over an open fire.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/24/2011 11:56 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Alice > wrote:
> : In >,
> : "W. > wrote:
>
> :> > wrote:
> :> : On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> :>
> :> :>
> :> :> I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
> :> :> biscuits with sausage gravy
> :>
> :> : I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
> :>
> :> : Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?
> :>
> :>
> :> : and I don't know why. Those are something I
> :> :> very rarely eat! But if I am going to have a craving it's not necessarily
> :> :> for a salty food but a crunchy one. Granted a lot of the crunchy foods I
> :> :> might eat are salty.
> :> : --
> :> : (- -)
> :> : =m=(_)=m=
> :> : RodS T2
> :> : Australia
> :>
> :> In American English "biscuits" are similaar to unsweetened scones, not
> :> what we call "cookies," and other English speakers call "biscuits." I
> :> have no idea about sausage gravy as I have never seen, nor had it. I
> :> don't know if it is a gravy made from sausages or one that you put on
> :> sausages.
>
> : It's a southern thing. It's a white gravy, fairly thick, with crumbles
> : of breakfast sausage in it. Primary ingredients, aside from the sausage,
> : would be flour and milk.
>
> : --
> : "Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
> : what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet
>
> No wonder I don't know much about it as I am no Souhern and i really is
> one of the least kosher combos I could think of. Only if you used, say
> crushed shrimp shells to flavot he white sauce could you top it for
> treifness[unkosherness] :-)
>
> Wendy

giggle

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/24/2011 8:10 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "RodS" > wrote in message ...
>> On 25/07/2011 7:23 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>>

>>> "RodS" > wrote in message

snip
>>> Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.
>>>

>> Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
>> Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

> lol, and canned chicken?
>
> Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with
> mayo I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never said
> anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and breathed
> Maccas food

Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned chicken!!!!

I have NO idea what to do with THAT.

Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!

LOL

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had one
of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.

mmmmm...kfc biscuits...

I miss those and the coleslaw

the chicken..not so much...

I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the curtain
would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate again...lol

as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..

KROM

"RodS" wrote in message ...

On 25/07/2011 7:23 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "RodS" > wrote in message ...
>> On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>>> I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
>>> biscuits with sausage gravy

>> I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.
>>
>> Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

> Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.

Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
> one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>
> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>
> I miss those and the coleslaw
>
> the chicken..not so much...
>
> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the curtain
> would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate
> again...lol
>
> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..
>
> KROM

And they used to grind chicken skin into the gravy when my nephew worked
there. Why can't you have the coleslaw? Make it yourself.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 7/24/2011 8:10 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> snip
>>>>

>>> Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
>>> Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

>> lol, and canned chicken?
>>
>> Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with
>> mayo I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never
>> said
>> anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and
>> breathed
>> Maccas food

> Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
> chicken!!!!
>
> I have NO idea what to do with THAT.
>
> Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
> Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!
>
> LOL

I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever
> had one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>
> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>
> I miss those and the coleslaw
>
> the chicken..not so much...
>
> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
> curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never
> ate again...lol
>
> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is
> disgusting..
>
> KROM

Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
takeaway stuff.
The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and
comes with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived for
there and alas it is no more ;(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
>> one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>>
>> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>>
>> I miss those and the coleslaw
>>
>> the chicken..not so much...
>>
>> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
>> curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate
>> again...lol
>>
>> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..
>>
>> KROM

> Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
> takeaway stuff.
> The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and comes
> with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived for there
> and alas it is no more ;(

Once, many, many years ago, my brothers brought a bucket to a function and
there were maggots in the bottom. Probably in the container itself, but I
never liked KFC chicken after that at all. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever
>>> had one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>>>
>>> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>>>
>>> I miss those and the coleslaw
>>>
>>> the chicken..not so much...
>>>
>>> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
>>> curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never
>>> ate again...lol
>>>
>>> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is
>>> disgusting..
>>>
>>> KROM

>> Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
>> takeaway stuff.
>> The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and
>> comes with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived
>> for there and alas it is no more ;(

> Once, many, many years ago, my brothers brought a bucket to a function
> and there were maggots in the bottom. Probably in the container
> itself, but I never liked KFC chicken after that at all. :-)

The sad thing is that perhaps they were spraying flies back then and one
blow fly managed to drop its maggots as it died. My son used to work for
a large Maccas on a busy freeway. It was tucked in off the road amongst
dense bushland and rats gravitated towards it. They find it extremely
hard to keep rats out as it is a 24/7 never shut the doors
establishment. It was publicly named and shamed on the Health Dept
website which was a shame as I knew the lengths they went to keep them
out and the cleanliness levels they adhered to. They had a rat patrol
set up like toilet cleaning roster. Toilets were cleaned every hour and
store room checked every hour round the clock. The store room was the
only place they ever went into as their was no regular human traffic and
never did they chew threw any containers, never had the chance. But once
you get the name and shame nothing will convince people otherwise.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>> snip

>>> lol, and canned chicken?
>>>
>>> Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with
>>> mayo I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never said
>>> anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and breathed
>>> Maccas food

>> Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
>> chicken!!!!
>>
>> I have NO idea what to do with THAT.
>>
>> Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it. Wow,
>> it actually almost tasted like real chicken!
>>
>> LOL

> I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The one
> and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the shredded
> stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how the heck do
> they fit a whole chook in that can.

The stuff I buy is like tuna.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
>> one of their biscuits..that's what you'd eat the gravy on.
>>
>> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>>
>> I miss those and the coleslaw
>>
>> the chicken..not so much...
>>
>> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
>> curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate
>> again...lol
>>
>> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..
>>
>> KROM

> Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
> takeaway stuff.
> The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and comes
> with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived for there
> and alas it is no more ;(

Thankfully we never had it much. The only thing I would eat was the mashed
potatoes and the biscuits although for biscuits they weren't very good.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
>>> takeaway stuff.
>>> The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and
>>> comes with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived for
>>> there and alas it is no more ;(

>> Once, many, many years ago, my brothers brought a bucket to a function
>> and there were maggots in the bottom. Probably in the container itself,
>> but I never liked KFC chicken after that at all. :-)

> The sad thing is that perhaps they were spraying flies back then and one
> blow fly managed to drop its maggots as it died. My son used to work for a
> large Maccas on a busy freeway. It was tucked in off the road amongst
> dense bushland and rats gravitated towards it. They find it extremely hard
> to keep rats out as it is a 24/7 never shut the doors establishment. It
> was publicly named and shamed on the Health Dept website which was a shame
> as I knew the lengths they went to keep them out and the cleanliness
> levels they adhered to. They had a rat patrol set up like toilet cleaning
> roster. Toilets were cleaned every hour and store room checked every hour
> round the clock. The store room was the only place they ever went into as
> their was no regular human traffic and never did they chew threw any
> containers, never had the chance. But once you get the name and shame
> nothing will convince people otherwise.

When I worked at K Mart we had a serious problem with rats and roaches. The
problem? We had a suspended ceiling that fed into the other businesses in
the strip mall we were in. So while we took precautions, the other
businesses did not and their vermin got into our place.

Currently I am having a problem with my neighbor who hasn't mowed his lawn
in over a year. Normally he does it only once a year on July 3rd. But he
didn't this year. I did see online that a house on this block has been
foreclosed on and while it doesn't give the address, it does appear from the
description to be his. He took it from a tiny house up to a big one then
ran out of money to finish it. And it looks it! I think he may have been
depressed or something. I always thought he was very good looking but then
last year he didn't cut his hair and grew a beard that hung almost to the
ground. He looked awful. He has since shaved although I haven't seen him
in many months. Normally he comes over here on the 4th but he didn't this
year. I was worried because his truck hadn't moved for many days. But
since then I have seen it has moved at least twice. Still haven't seen him
though.

Anyway... Terminix said all of the bait was eaten from our rat and mouse
traps but no bodies were inside. So I think they are living in his grass.
Angela is now 5'6". His grass was taller than she was but then a heavy rain
knocked it over. It is since starting to pop back up. It is very dry and I
think it is not only a fire hazard but a breeding ground for vermin. But my
dad said the city probably won't do anything about it because there are just
sooo many houses in the same state. Because of the economy, people are just
abandoning their houses and nothing is being done to them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/25/2011 3:40 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>> snip

>>> lol, and canned chicken?
>>>
>>> Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with
>>> mayo I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never said
>>> anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and breathed
>>> Maccas food

>> Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
>> chicken!!!!
>>
>> I have NO idea what to do with THAT.
>>
>> Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
>> Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!
>>
>> LOL

> I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
> one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
> shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
> the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

this isn't a whole chicken!!!!!! LOL

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
> On 7/25/2011 3:40 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> snip

>>> Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
>>> chicken!!!!
>>>
>>> I have NO idea what to do with THAT.
>>>
>>> Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
>>> Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!
>>>
>>> LOL

>> I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
>> one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
>> shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
>> the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

> this isn't a whole chicken!!!!!! LOL

But you can get it that way. I saw it at Winco. It was a rather large can.
But I suspect a rather small chicken.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Tiger Lily wrote:

>>> I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it
>>> The
>>> one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
>>> shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking
>>> how
>>> the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

>> this isn't a whole chicken!!!!!! LOL

> But you can get it that way. I saw it at Winco. It was a rather
> large can. But I suspect a rather small chicken.

I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can

The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
stomach lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 26/07/2011 2:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
> http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can
>
> The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
> snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
> stomach lol.

I wonder if it tastes like tuna :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 26/07/2011 4:38 AM, KROM wrote:
> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
> one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>
> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...

Not on the menu here :-)

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 26/07/2011 2:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>

>> I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
>> http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can
>>
>> The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
>> snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
>> stomach lol.
>>>

> I wonder if it tastes like tuna :-)

Oh, oh and oh!! Look at this!
http://ihatemymessageboard.com/2009/...cken-in-a-can/ My
chicken other than stirfry has to be brown and crispy on the outside.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Tiger Lily wrote:

>>> this isn't a whole chicken!!!!!! LOL

>> But you can get it that way. I saw it at Winco. It was a rather large
>> can. But I suspect a rather small chicken.

> I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
> http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can
>
> The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in snack
> cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my stomach
> lol.

Yep! Just look at this!

http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2009/04/...n-a-can-yummo/

Actually Sweet Sue is the brand of chicken and dumplings we used to carry at
K Mart. They bore no resemblance whatever to chicken and dumplings made
from scratch but they were good in a rib stickingly weird sort of way.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 26/07/2011 2:57 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "RodS" > wrote in message ...
>> On 26/07/2011 2:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>

>>> I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
>>> http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can
>>>
>>> The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
>>> snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
>>> stomach lol.
>>>>

>> I wonder if it tastes like tuna :-)

> Oh, oh and oh!! Look at this!
> http://ihatemymessageboard.com/2009/...cken-in-a-can/ My
> chicken other than stirfry has to be brown and crispy on the outside.

Seems like an expensive way to feed cats lousy meat :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/26/2011 3:35 AM, RodS wrote:
> On 26/07/2011 2:57 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> I wonder if it tastes like tuna :-)

>> Oh, oh and oh!! Look at this!
>> http://ihatemymessageboard.com/2009/...cken-in-a-can/ My
>> chicken other than stirfry has to be brown and crispy on the outside.

> Seems like an expensive way to feed cats lousy meat :-)
>
> (- -)
> =m=(_)=m=
> RodS T2
> Australia

ohhhhhhhhhhh, i never wanted to see it in RL, and having seen those
photos, i NEVER want to see that in RL!

LOL

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I have made coleslaw with splenda etc and it was good..just wasnt the exact
same as the kfc version...I used to love those dessert cups too

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
> one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>
> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>
> I miss those and the coleslaw
>
> the chicken..not so much...
>
> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the curtain
> would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate
> again...lol
>
> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..
>
> KROM

And they used to grind chicken skin into the gravy when my nephew worked
there. Why can't you have the coleslaw? Make it yourself.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"RodS" > wrote in message
> On 26/07/2011 2:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>

>> I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
>> http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can
>>
>> The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
>> snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
>> stomach lol.
>>>

> I wonder if it tastes like tuna :-)

Oh, oh and oh!! Look at this!
http://ihatemymessageboard.com/2009/...cken-in-a-can/ My
chicken other than stirfry has to be brown and crispy on the outside.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

wow sad...always got to change and mess stuff up...tsk..

I worked for dominos pizza and we proofed our own dough..it was a art to
know when it was perfect to use.

they then went to a rise free dough that was chemical tasting and had that
cardboard taste...was a sad day and last time I ever ate their pizza.

as far as kfc chicken once cooked it looks normal but raw its not a normal
color..lol..they pack it in bags of chemicals for travel..nasty looking
stuff..id rather eat chicken in a can..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
> one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>
> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>
> I miss those and the coleslaw
>
> the chicken..not so much...
>
> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the curtain
> would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate
> again...lol
>
> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..
>
> KROM

Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
takeaway stuff.
The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and
comes with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived for
there and alas it is no more ;(

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ewwwww!

I used to LOVE taco johns..ate it often..then my mom bit down in her salad
and got up and threw up...a lot...once she was capable of speaking she
showed a bitten into rhino bug thingy it was huge!

we go to the manager and he shrugs and says "yeah we get the lettuce in bags
from mexico pre shredded and sometimes there's things in them".

gave her her money back reluctantly..if I recall he insisted she only get
the salads value back and not the rest of the meal which we also of course
refused to eat nor did we want a new salad which was also his thinking..lol

so I never ate taco johns again.

I am very single-minded about these things..even if I loved their food
...something like that happens I will never eat there again...the entire
chain if dead to me...lol

KROM