Old 28-07-2011, 01:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner.

Ozgirl wrote:

: "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
: I was a chocolate mousse guy all the way the whip cream and chocolate
: chips on top were the best.
:
: I like to eat my food in separate parts so I would eat the chips then
: the cream then the mousse layer then the cream etc
:
: I do the same with burgers etc I eat the parts not the whole..lol
:
: it is funny I didn?t eat real chocolate until my 20's it was always
: bad milk chocolate..the best being Hershey's..so the mousse was a
: treat in that it was a darker flavored chocolate then I normally got.
:
: now I would probably think it gross..lol

: I knew someone who would take the lid off a meat pie, eat the filling
: with a spoon then eat the pastry. I went to lunch with my son and his
: mate yesterday. The mate ate his corn first (I eat mine last). He ate
: his vegetables next and his steak last. I like a bit of everything on my
: fork at once, lol. If I ate dessert I would have a bit of the mousse,
: bit of the cream and bit of the chips at once
:

My mother alwasy ate the food she liked best first then the other stuff.
I was the other way. Mom told me hits story. she came from a family of
9(8girls and 1 boy, he the next to youngest) At dinner one night they
were having watermelon and mon had saved the sweeteset center part for
last when one of the little ones wanted mor, so her mother told her to
give the little one what was left on her plate. Ever since then she
alwayas ate the best part first.

Wendy

Old 28-07-2011, 02:12 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Ozgirl wrote:

: "KROM" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

I always leave the best to last too. Unfortunately Jasmine has a habit
of rapidly grabbing food off other people's plates and often I miss out
on my best part...

Old 28-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Member

I had a wonderful and unusual (for me) for lunch. I was at the airport this morning and stopped in a cappuccino. I found a nice fresh Greek salad in a bowl so he got take-out box full of this, and then looked around for something to go with him, but it was common for falafel, quiche, etc. I noticed spanakapita omelette. It 'been a bit' bigger than my palm and surrounded by at least half an inch thick. I warmed up with a salad for lunch, and after the first surgery I've noticed is full of chopped parsley,
Old 28-07-2011, 07:27 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I buy protein bars with chocolate on outside and chips inside and I eat the
outside then tear it apart to separate the chips..I eat the bar part then
chips last

I am a things should touch on a plate kind of guy..wife is a very specific
mixer of only certain foods..like she like burgers and she likes cheese but
she detests cheeseburgers..lol

KROM

Old 28-07-2011, 11:43 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message
I buy protein bars with chocolate on outside and chips inside and I
eat the outside then tear it apart to separate the chips..I eat the
bar part then chips last

I am a things should touch on a plate kind of guy..wife is a very
specific mixer of only certain foods..like she like burgers and she
likes cheese but she detests cheeseburgers..lol

Ah vive la différence lol

Old 05-08-2011, 06:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/25/2011 4:40 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 7/24/2011 8:10 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

"RodS" wrote in message
On 25/07/2011 7:23 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

"RodS" wrote in message

snip
Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.

Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

lol, and canned chicken?

Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with
mayo I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never said
anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and breathed
Maccas food

Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
chicken!!!!

I have NO idea what to do with THAT.

Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!

LOL

I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

Would a small chicken or a large can work?

Or perhaps even packing it in so tightly that it expands
when you remove it from the can and let it resume its
normal shape?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" wrote in message
[...]

Does it resume its shape before your very eyes? IOW does it seem like it
is moving?

Old 05-08-2011, 07:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" wrote in message
[...]

I've never had a whole chicken in a can! gack!

the canned chicken looks like flaked tuna does

no bones, nothing to identify it as a chicken, just meat

kate
Old 05-08-2011, 07:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" wrote in message
[...]

I believe the whole ones do have bones. I was surprised at how small the
cans were. I saw them again at Winco.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote in message
[...]

ya, i saw the pic on the URL Jan posted

shudder

no way!