Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What's for dinner?

Traditionally we have them cooked especially on burgers but I loved
grated beetroot with salads.

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> am considering the beets with the burger raw or cooked? Lee
> "RodS" > wrote in message
>> On 9/07/2011 4:28 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>> I love home made burgers. I like a plate of lettuce, tomato and
>>> beetroot
>>> with the cooked hamburger meat and fried onions. A bit of tomato
>>> sauce
>>> and eat with knife and fork. To me it has all the taste of the
>>> burger
>>> without the bun. I never do the cheese bit though, never have liked
>>> cheese on a burger. I hate the trend here in Aus where you ask for a
>>> salad plate (lets say chicken and salad) and they add a lot of
>>> grated or
>>> sliced cheese. I can't figure how cheese can be "salad"
>>>

>> Not a real burger without beetroot and fried onions, no cheese and NO
>> pickles please !!!

>> --
>> (- -)
>> =m=(_)=m=
>> RodS T2
>> Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i would be willing to try them cooked on a burger, i am not as fond of them
raw but don't mind a bit in a salad especially one higher in cabbage
content, Lee
"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Traditionally we have them cooked especially on burgers but I loved grated
> beetroot with salads.
>
> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> am considering the beets with the burger raw or cooked? Lee
>>>>

>>> Not a real burger without beetroot and fried onions, no cheese and NO
>>> pickles please !!!

>>> --
>>> (- -)
>>> =m=(_)=m=
>>> RodS T2
>>> Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee > wrote:
: i would be willing to try them cooked on a burger, i am not as fond of them
: raw but don't mind a bit in a salad especially one higher in cabbage
: content, Lee

Roasted they are fantaastic! just serve with a little olive oil and
Balsamic vineger. Wow!. I alsos likethem juc boiled(actually pressure
coooked-much faster) I also make pickled beets using an artificial
sweetener and they are also wonderful. I uess I just like beets:-)

Wendy :
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

atec77 > wrote:
: On 10/07/2011 9:06 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
: > am considering the beets with the burger raw or cooked? Lee

: everything in a burger should be cooked bar the lettuce

Ah, but I love raw rwd onion on there anad a slice of fresh, raw tomato
also adds.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Ozgirl > wrote:
: >
: >
: > : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: > : > my country hose for a long week(2 weekends+) and I won't have it
: > all
: > : > equipped with a freezer of food as I did when we spent 2 -3 months
: > : > here.
: >
: > : How do you do the turkey meatloaf? I only have success with beef,
: > : chicken meatloaf was a disaster - it was very dry.
: >
: >
: > I make some low carb breadcrumbs in the food processor and put
: > themiinto a
: > ig bowl. Then I chop aa nice sized onion and a greenpepper in the
: > processor, pulsing so it doesn't go all into slush. I put that into
: > the
: > bowl and mix it some then add the meat(1lb for 1 green pepper and one
: > onion and 3 slices of low carb bread(small slices, but not
: > fluffy texture.) I mist this and add what in the US is a 8oz can of
: > tomato sauce(NOT KETCHUP) it is called "Spanish Styple, and is not
: > highly
: > flavored, but fairly liquid.

: Is this it? If so, it sounds like our tomato puree:
: http://www.calobonga.com/calorieCoun...rie-counter.lz
:

It will take me a while until I can answer, as I have no access to the web
from my groups program, which is an old Pine one, soI have to sent the url
to my email and them open it. It is a thin sauce, seasonedgently but with
more than just saalt as what is called tomato puree here is. Our puree is
thickish and esssentially unseasoned. ., but I will check your URL.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker > wrote:
: Ozgirl > wrote:

: : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: : ...
: : > Ozgirl > wrote:
: : >
: : >
: : > : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
[...]

: :

: It will take me a while until I can answer, as I have no access to the web
: from my groups program, which is an old Pine one, soI have to sent the url
: to my email and them open it. It is a thin sauce, seasonedgently but with
: more than just saalt as what is called tomato puree here is. Our puree is
: thickish and esssentially unseasoned. ., but I will check your URL.

: Wendy

although I could find no ingredient list, it certainly, with teh "spanish
style" title, sound the same.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i love them cooked i have been considerigng that burger which is a new
concept to me, i am thinking a burger, mustard no cheese and maybe mayo,
Lee
"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Storrmmee > wrote:
> : i would be willing to try them cooked on a burger, i am not as fond of
> them
> : raw but don't mind a bit in a salad especially one higher in cabbage
> : content, Lee
>
> Roasted they are fantaastic! just serve with a little olive oil and
> Balsamic vineger. Wow!. I alsos likethem juc boiled(actually pressure
> coooked-much faster) I also make pickled beets using an artificial
> sweetener and they are also wonderful. I uess I just like beets:-)
>
> Wendy :

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

t's NOW! http://www.petcurean.com/index.php?page_id=167

> >> From where I am sitting, nothing about you is nice.

> > thank you for so succinctly validating your precarious mental stability
> >

> >> Oh and I have two cats.

> > which could just mean there isn't a very functional SPCA in your area

> I'll say it again. Why are you here? Oh and FOAD. Yep. I'm not gonna be
> nice to you. Not if you keep talking to me like that. Nope.

I told you that FOAD is something a kindergartner would write, but then again
you don't demonstrate the maturity of a first grader. So once again, try to feel
the flame, become one with it. You should start off with the easy things like
ESAD which might rise to second grade level, but for a true flame I'd suggest
you do some research.

I do appreciate the humor of your response, acting as if you are nice and
innocent but stringing together another bunch of whines that defines your
personality.

So in answer to your questions, it's none of your ****ing business as to why I
am here and I will keep talking to you in exactly the tone you deserve and
project, so get someone to help you remove that stick that's up your ass and you
might calm down enough to get over your paranoia.

But then again it's really your choice and you make such shitty ones that I
doubt you'll ever do the smart thing

TaDa and get used to your indigestion
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> >
> wrote:
>
> t's NOW! http://www.petcurean.com/index.php?page_id=167

>> > thank you for so succinctly validating your precarious mental stability

>> > which could just mean there isn't a very functional SPCA in your area

>> I'll say it again. Why are you here? Oh and FOAD. Yep. I'm not gonna
>> be
>> nice to you. Not if you keep talking to me like that. Nope.

> I told you that FOAD is something a kindergartner would write, but then
> again
> you don't demonstrate the maturity of a first grader. So once again, try
> to feel
> the flame, become one with it. You should start off with the easy things
> like
> ESAD which might rise to second grade level, but for a true flame I'd
> suggest
> you do some research.

What> you *told* me doesn't really matter. You don't make the rules.
Kindergartners might use computers but most can't write sentences and most
don't swear.

> I do appreciate the humor of your response, acting as if you are nice and
> innocent but stringing together another bunch of whines that defines your
> personality.

Again, you are not in charge here.

> So in answer to your questions, it's none of your ****ing business as to
> why I
> am here and I will keep talking to you in exactly the tone you deserve and
> project, so get someone to help you remove that stick that's up your ass
> and you
> might calm down enough to get over your paranoia.

Is is actually my business because you seem to be replying only to me. I
haven't seen you post much at all that is on topic.

> But then again it's really your choice and you make such shitty ones that
> doubt you'll ever do the smart thing

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

> TaDa and get used to your indigestion

I don't have indigestion.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> >> I'll say it again. Why are you here? Oh and FOAD. Yep. I'm not gonna
> >> be nice to you. Not if you keep talking to me like that. Nope.

> > I told you that FOAD is something a kindergartner would write, but then
> > again you don't demonstrate the maturity of a first grader. So once again,
> > try to feel the flame, become one with it. You should start off with the
> > easy things like ESAD which might rise to second grade level, but for a
> > true flame I'd suggest you do some research.

> What> you *told* me doesn't really matter.

Of course it does otherwise you'd grow a pair and ignore me

> You don't make the rules.

I didn't make the rules. I was trying, although your mental status makes this
very difficult, to explain them to you

> Kindergartners might use computers but most can't write sentences and most
> don't swear.

You do

> > I do appreciate the humor of your response, acting as if you are nice and
> > innocent but stringing together another bunch of whines that defines your
> > personality.

> Again, you are not in charge here.

I am in charge of you until you behave. Certainly you must understand how to
handle unruly children and that's exactly how you are behaving

> > So in answer to your questions, it's none of your ****ing business as to
> > why I am here and I will keep talking to you in exactly the tone you
> > deserve and project, so get someone to help you remove that stick that's up
> > your ass and you might calm down enough to get over your paranoia.

> Is is actually my business because you seem to be replying only to me. I
> haven't seen you post much at all that is on topic.

Trying to show my concern for your cats while not on topic shouldn't upset you
as much as it did. In fact the proper response to my posting my concern for your
cats should have been "thank you, but I do in fact use a premium dry cat food"
not another one of your rude "Do you ever have anything nice to say?" It's
obvious that among the other failings of your mother was her inability to teach
you not to be rude to people trying to be nice to you.

> > But then again it's really your choice and you make such shitty ones that I
> > doubt you'll ever do the smart thing

> Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Thank you for proving my point

> > TaDa and get used to your indigestion

> I don't have indigestion.

You most certainly do...it can't be easy for you to swallow your pride as often
as you do
--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras lobortis volutpat
commodo. Morbi lobortis, massa fringilla adipiscing suscipit, velit urna