Old 04-07-2011, 01:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default OT Bad canned mushrooms

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:

So water is junk food?

According to him.

According to me (diet) soda is junk food. You may be too
addled
from your
confrontations with reality and think you saw me comment on
water.

To the body, diet soda isn't much different than water.

There are any number of studies that suggest that the artificial
sweeteners in
diet soda *********may***** cause the body to flood the body
with
the
desire to actually
eat/drink food with real calories...hardly the same effect you
get
with water

38 years of diet soft drink has not given me the desire to eat or
drink
more.

How do you know?

Because I "undereat" and meals/snacks are at regular intervals -
little
and often (and perfectly satisfied). Been that way for a long time.

When was the last time you went without drinking diet soft drinks for
any length
of time? Did it change the way you "undereat"?

Every so often I drink nothing but water. No change. Why should it? You
have grabbed onto a study and it has become gospel to you. Anything I
drink makes me feel full and I have no urge to eat under those
circumstances.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
"Storrmmee" wrote:

do you ever have anything positive to say? Lee

Of course. I said: cakes and cookies don't have to be junk food, I made
more
than a few positive suggestions on how Julie could resolve her posted
rant
about
her mother and I was positive that diet soda is junk food

No. You didn't make any suggestions that would resolve anything. Bottom
line, I didn't want any dessert. And she didn't believe me.

I in fact made suggestions that would resolve the issue (for rational
people).
It was you that made a federal case out of it. Get over your mommy issues
and
all of your food problems with her will cease

Maybe it was resolved in your own mind. But none of those things that you
said would have helped and I certainly didn't make a federal case out of it.

Why are you here? Really!!!?

Old 04-07-2011, 04:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

38 years of diet soft drink has not given me the desire to eat or
drink
more.

How do you know?

Because I "undereat" and meals/snacks are at regular intervals -
little and often (and perfectly satisfied). Been that way for a long
time. I'd know if I craved more food or more often, wouldn't you?

I'm with you. Because of the gastroparesis I rarely feel any hunger.
And
rarer still want any sweets. The diet soda I drink does not taste
sweet.
Diet Pepsi tastes sweet to me. So for that reason I dislike it. I
never
was much of a drinker but when I did drink the drinks had to be extra
brut,
dry, bitter or sour. Otherwise I didn't like them.

Irregardless of it tasting or not tasting sweet, it contains an
artificial
sweetener. If the sweetness didn't matter you wouldn't drink it...you'd
drink
water

No. Water either has no flavor, tastes of minerals or chemicals. I like
flavor and bubbles.

in this case flavor is just another word for "sweetness"

No. I also drink unsweetened tea.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:33 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

So water is junk food?

According to him.

According to me (diet) soda is junk food. You may be too addled
from your confrontations with reality and think you saw me
comment on water.

To the body, diet soda isn't much different than water.

There are any number of studies that suggest that the artificial
sweeteners in diet soda may cause the body to flood the body with
the desire to actually eat/drink food with real calories...hardly
the same effect you get with water

And many studies that say that they don't. And for me they don't.

Possibly because you drink it before going to sleep?

Well I do but... My dreams are rarely ever of food and I do not get
up
in
the night to eat anything. Nor do I wake up hungry. So...

It's truly amazing how a good nights sleep will allow the body to purge
something, even yours, isn't it?

OMG!

Really? This never occurred to you before?

Um.... FOAD. Yeah.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Ozgirl" wrote:

How do you know?

Because I "undereat" and meals/snacks are at regular intervals -
little
and often (and perfectly satisfied). Been that way for a long time.

When was the last time you went without drinking diet soft drinks for
any length
of time? Did it change the way you "undereat"?

Every so often I drink nothing but water. No change. Why should it? You
have grabbed onto a study and it has become gospel to you. Anything I
drink makes me feel full and I have no urge to eat under those
circumstances.

Then you should be happy at your luck in avoiding this rebound effect. I have no
gospel. I love my diet caffeine free drinks but occasionally suspect that I am
rebounding from the sweeteners. But it doesn't stop me

Old 05-07-2011, 05:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

[...]

Oh good, I see you are intent on demonstrating to the world your incredible
lack of communication skills. If I was going to flame you with something so
lame I would use ESAD, but this has passed out of common use. As I've suggested
previously, it's best to feel the flame before just reverting to a
kindergartner style flame. Considering how dysfunctional your family seems, I'm
sure if you paid more attention to what they are saying to you, you might pick
up some pointers...but then you really are incredibly dense so I doubt it
Old 05-07-2011, 05:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
In article , "Storrmmee"
wrote:

do you ever have anything positive to say? Lee

Of course. I said: cakes and cookies don't have to be junk food, I made
more than a few positive suggestions on how Julie could resolve her
posted rant about her mother and I was positive that diet soda is junk
food

No. You didn't make any suggestions that would resolve anything. Bottom
line, I didn't want any dessert. And she didn't believe me.

I in fact made suggestions that would resolve the issue (for rational
people). It was you that made a federal case out of it. Get over your mommy
issues and all of your food problems with her will cease

Maybe it was resolved in your own mind. But none of those things that you
said would have helped and I certainly didn't make a federal case out of it.

Apparently you are so used to be rude that it no longer seeps into your muddled
brain when you do it

Why are you here? Really!!!?

Are you always so paranoid or is this just a manifestation of your diseases?

Old 05-07-2011, 07:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Are you the guy who has been stalking me through the newsgroups? Kinda
sounds like it.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Are you the guy who has been stalking me through the newsgroups? Kinda
sounds like it.

so you really are paranoid and totally ignorant on how to read headers. thank
you for clearing that up for me
Old 05-07-2011, 07:18 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

OMG!

Really? This never occurred to you before?

Um.... FOAD. Yeah.

Oh good, I see you are intent on demonstrating to the world your incredible
lack of communication skills. If I was going to flame you with something so
lame I would use ESAD, but this has passed out of common use. As I've
suggested previously, it's best to feel the flame before just reverting to
a kindergartner style flame. Considering how dysfunctional your family
seems, I'm sure if you paid more attention to what they are saying to you,
you might pick up some pointers...but then you really are incredibly dense
so I doubt it

Buh bye!

Thank you for proving my point