Old 03-07-2011, 05:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default OT Bad canned mushrooms

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in
message
In article , "Julie Bove"

wrote:

So water is junk food?

According to him.

According to me (diet) soda is junk food. You may be too addled
from your
confrontations with reality and think you saw me comment on
water.

To the body, diet soda isn't much different than water.

There are any number of studies that suggest that the artificial
sweeteners in
diet soda *********may***** cause the body to flood the body with
the
desire to actually
eat/drink food with real calories...hardly the same effect you get
with water

38 years of diet soft drink has not given me the desire to eat or
drink
more.

How do you know?

Because I "undereat" and meals/snacks are at regular intervals - little
and often (and perfectly satisfied). Been that way for a long time. I'd
know if I craved more food or more often, wouldn't you?

Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

I'm with you. Because of the gastroparesis I rarely feel any hunger. And
rarer still want any sweets. The diet soda I drink does not taste sweet.
Diet Pepsi tastes sweet to me. So for that reason I dislike it. I never
was much of a drinker but when I did drink the drinks had to be extra brut,
dry, bitter or sour. Otherwise I didn't like them.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

wrote:

So water is junk food?

According to him.

According to me (diet) soda is junk food. You may be too addled
from your confrontations with reality and think you saw me
comment on water.

To the body, diet soda isn't much different than water.

There are any number of studies that suggest that the artificial
sweeteners in diet soda may cause the body to flood the body with
the desire to actually eat/drink food with real calories...hardly
the same effect you get with water

And many studies that say that they don't. And for me they don't.

Possibly because you drink it before going to sleep?

Well I do but... My dreams are rarely ever of food and I do not get up in
the night to eat anything. Nor do I wake up hungry. So...

Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

So water is junk food?

According to him.

According to me (diet) soda is junk food. You may be too addled
from your confrontations with reality and think you saw me
comment on water.

To the body, diet soda isn't much different than water.

There are any number of studies that suggest that the artificial
sweeteners in diet soda may cause the body to flood the body with
the desire to actually eat/drink food with real calories...hardly
the same effect you get with water

And many studies that say that they don't. And for me they don't.

Possibly because you drink it before going to sleep?

Well I do but... My dreams are rarely ever of food and I do not get up in
the night to eat anything. Nor do I wake up hungry. So...

It's truly amazing how a good nights sleep will allow the body to purge
something, even yours, isn't it?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Storrmmee" wrote:

do you ever have anything positive to say? Lee

Of course. I said: cakes and cookies don't have to be junk food, I made more
than a few positive suggestions on how Julie could resolve her posted rant about
her mother and I was positive that diet soda is junk food

Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Ozgirl" wrote:

[...]

When was the last time you went without drinking diet soft drinks for any length
of time? Did it change the way you "undereat"?

I'd know if I craved more food or more often, wouldn't you?

In general I'd suspect most would. But I also suspect that over time many things
become "normal" that really aren't
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote:

do you ever have anything positive to say? Lee

Of course. I said: cakes and cookies don't have to be junk food, I made
more
than a few positive suggestions on how Julie could resolve her posted rant
about
her mother and I was positive that diet soda is junk food

No. You didn't make any suggestions that would resolve anything. Bottom
line, I didn't want any dessert. And she didn't believe me.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

[...]

Irregardless of it tasting or not tasting sweet, it contains an artificial
sweetener. If the sweetness didn't matter you wouldn't drink it...you'd drink
water
Old 03-07-2011, 11:45 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

No. Water either has no flavor, tastes of minerals or chemicals. I like
flavor and bubbles.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

[...]

in this case flavor is just another word for "sweetness"
Old 04-07-2011, 12:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote:

do you ever have anything positive to say? Lee

Of course. I said: cakes and cookies don't have to be junk food, I made
more
than a few positive suggestions on how Julie could resolve her posted rant
about
her mother and I was positive that diet soda is junk food

No. You didn't make any suggestions that would resolve anything. Bottom
line, I didn't want any dessert. And she didn't believe me.

I in fact made suggestions that would resolve the issue (for rational people).
It was you that made a federal case out of it. Get over your mommy issues and
all of your food problems with her will cease
Old 04-07-2011, 12:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Really? This never occurred to you before?