Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chocolate Mousse

Experiencing an insane crabing for dessert, made self a bowl of impromptu
chocolate mousse from heavy cream, unsweetened chocolate, xylitol, and a
couple tablespoons of Smart Balance/butter blend.

It's delicious! The texture is great, intensely chocolately, not sweet. I
don't think you would even know it was "diabetic friendly." This xylitol is
a HUGE improvement over Splenda. Too bad I didn't measure anything I put in
it!

I can't eat most of it--too rich. Will put in the fridge to see how it is
tomorrow. Wonder what the effect on BG will be?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

That would be "craving" not "crabing."

Duh.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

sounds a winner, Lee
"Janet" > wrote in message
> Experiencing an insane crabing for dessert, made self a bowl of impromptu
> chocolate mousse from heavy cream, unsweetened chocolate, xylitol, and a
> couple tablespoons of Smart Balance/butter blend.
>
> It's delicious! The texture is great, intensely chocolately, not sweet. I
> don't think you would even know it was "diabetic friendly." This xylitol
> is a HUGE improvement over Splenda. Too bad I didn't measure anything I
> put in it!
>
> I can't eat most of it--too rich. Will put in the fridge to see how it is
> tomorrow. Wonder what the effect on BG will be?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Method...well, it wasn't the classic mousse that requires beating yolks and
sugar over hot water and all that. It tooks about 5 minutes to make. It was
more along the lines of a whipped ganache where the chocolate stabilized the
cream, but it is quite dense.

I melted a few oz of Trader Joe's unsweetened baking chocolate in the
microwave, adding heavy cream in several additions as it started to melt and
stirring well. I added enough cream so that it was smooth and liquid and
just warm, not hot. I then poured some more heavy cream into a small metal
bowl, threw in a couple tablespoons of xylitol, and added the chocolate
cream mixture. I tasted it to see if it seemed to be sweet enough, then beat
it with a hand mixer until it started to thicken, and added about 2
tablespoons of very soft butter/smart balance mix because that's what was
out and soft. (Butter helps a mousse set up and gives it good mouth feel.) I
then set it in the freezer for a few minutes to set more quickly.

I just had another spoonful. It's still good today. Sorry not to be more
precise about measurements, but I work with cream and chocolate all the
time, so I was going by appearance and feel.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I posted a French silk pie recipe a long time ago..was called kroms sinful
chocolate pie or something like that

its easy to make good chocolate desserts non spiking.

lately I've been lazy and just using fat free sugar free Jell-O mix
augmented with heavy cream.

KROM

"Janet" wrote in message ...

Experiencing an insane crabing for dessert, made self a bowl of impromptu
chocolate mousse from heavy cream, unsweetened chocolate, xylitol, and a
couple tablespoons of Smart Balance/butter blend.

It's delicious! The texture is great, intensely chocolately, not sweet. I
don't think you would even know it was "diabetic friendly." This xylitol is
a HUGE improvement over Splenda. Too bad I didn't measure anything I put in
it!

I can't eat most of it--too rich. Will put in the fridge to see how it is
tomorrow. Wonder what the effect on BG will be?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM wrote:
> I posted a French silk pie recipe a long time ago..was called kroms
> sinful chocolate pie or something like that
>

> its easy to make good chocolate desserts non spiking.
>
> lately I've been lazy and just using fat free sugar free Jell-O mix
> augmented with heavy cream.
>
> KROM

I almost succumbed to a box of the sugar-free pudding mix yesterday at the
store. My "mousse" was a better alternative, I think.

chocolate mousse sf[_19_] General Cooking 3 13-07-2010 03:30 PM
chocolate mousse avocadolover Chocolate 2 23-07-2009 04:24 AM
Chocolate Mousse 7Hawks Recipes 0 19-11-2004 09:37 PM
Chocolate Heart Layer Cake with Chocolate Cinnamon Mousse Duckie ® Recipes 0 01-05-2004 11:25 PM