Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anyone familar with these?

http://www.nooodle.com/index.cfm/act/What-is-NoOodle

They look interesting. Saw these on another website.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 8 May 2011 22:43:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>http://www.nooodle.com/index.cfm/act/What-is-NoOodle
>
>They look interesting. Saw these on another website.

Years ago they used to sell glucomannan capsules, which if you took
them before a meal, they would swell up and make you feel full and
supposedly therefore eat less. I wonder if they are the same as
shiratake? I think they are the same, but I could be wrong.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 8 May 2011 22:43:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>http://www.nooodle.com/index.cfm/act/What-is-NoOodle
>>
>>They look interesting. Saw these on another website.

> Years ago they used to sell glucomannan capsules, which if you took
> them before a meal, they would swell up and make you feel full and
> supposedly therefore eat less. I wonder if they are the same as
> shiratake? I think they are the same, but I could be wrong.

Oh! That's why that name sounded familiar. I took those. They didn't
work. I wondered if they were the same thing too. But it really doesn't
say.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Evelyn > wrote:

> On Sun, 8 May 2011 22:43:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >http://www.nooodle.com/index.cfm/act/What-is-NoOodle
> >
> >They look interesting. Saw these on another website.

> Years ago they used to sell glucomannan capsules, which if you took
> them before a meal, they would swell up and make you feel full and
> supposedly therefore eat less. I wonder if they are the same as
> shiratake? I think they are the same, but I could be wrong.
>
> Evelyn

Isn't glucomannan the stuff shirataki is made out of?

Priscilla
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 8 May 2011 22:43:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.nooodle.com/index.cfm/act/What-is-NoOodle
>> >
>> >They look interesting. Saw these on another website.

>> Years ago they used to sell glucomannan capsules, which if you took
>> them before a meal, they would swell up and make you feel full and
>> supposedly therefore eat less. I wonder if they are the same as
>> shiratake? I think they are the same, but I could be wrong.
>>
>> Evelyn

> Isn't glucomannan the stuff shirataki is made out of?

I don't know but if it is, then I'm likely not interested. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 9 May 2011 13:27:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>news
>> In article >,
>> Evelyn > wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 8 May 2011 22:43:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Years ago they used to sell glucomannan capsules, which if you took
>>> them before a meal, they would swell up and make you feel full and
>>> supposedly therefore eat less. I wonder if they are the same as
>>> shiratake? I think they are the same, but I could be wrong.
>>>
>>> Evelyn

>> Isn't glucomannan the stuff shirataki is made out of?

>I don't know but if it is, then I'm likely not interested. Thanks!

Apparently it is the same thing. I don't think it has any taste of
its own other than what you put on it.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 9 May 2011 13:27:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>>news

>>> Isn't glucomannan the stuff shirataki is made out of?

>>I don't know but if it is, then I'm likely not interested. Thanks!

> Apparently it is the same thing. I don't think it has any taste of
> its own other than what you put on it.

I haven't tried them but they didn't sound good so I'll pass. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I find A glass of water does the same thing.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 8 May 2011 22:43:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.nooodle.com/index.cfm/act/What-is-NoOodle
>>>
>>>They look interesting. Saw these on another website.

>> Years ago they used to sell glucomannan capsules, which if you took
>> them before a meal, they would swell up and make you feel full and
>> supposedly therefore eat less. I wonder if they are the same as
>> shiratake? I think they are the same, but I could be wrong.

> Oh! That's why that name sounded familiar. I took those. They
> didn't work. I wondered if they were the same thing too. But it
> really doesn't say.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>I find A glass of water does the same thing.

Me too. Nothing at all.