Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Decadent Salad Dressing

I got this out of the newspaper and tried it yesterday on a spinach salad.
It's really good, but I left the sugar out for personal preference.

Decadent Salad Dressing

2 hard cooked eggs, mashed with a fork while still warm
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 TBS coarsely ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup virgin olive oil
1 TBS Dijon mustard
5 TBS heavy cream
1/4 cup red wine vinegar

Instructions:

One at a time and in order, thoroughly blend all other ingredients into
mashed eggs. Do not substitute. When blended, whisk until very smooth. Makes
1 3/4 cups.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

that sounds wonderful, thanks for posting, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message

> I got this out of the newspaper and tried it yesterday on a spinach salad.
> It's really good, but I left the sugar out for personal preference.
>
> Decadent Salad Dressing
>
> 2 hard cooked eggs, mashed with a fork while still warm
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 1 1/2 tsp sugar
> 1 TBS coarsely ground black pepper
> 1 clove garlic, crushed
> 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
> 1 TBS Dijon mustard
> 5 TBS heavy cream
> 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
>
> Instructions:
>
> One at a time and in order, thoroughly blend all other ingredients into
> mashed eggs. Do not substitute. When blended, whisk until very smooth.
> Makes 1 3/4 cups.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

When you say whisk, do you mean with a hand whisker? I'm a bit confused
as to whether it is blended using a stick blender etc or not. I can't
see cooked eggs becoming smooth without a blender. Like you, I also
can't see that it would need sugar or even sweetener.

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> I got this out of the newspaper and tried it yesterday on a spinach
> salad. It's really good, but I left the sugar out for personal
> preference.
>
> Decadent Salad Dressing
>
> 2 hard cooked eggs, mashed with a fork while still warm
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 1 1/2 tsp sugar
> 1 TBS coarsely ground black pepper
> 1 clove garlic, crushed
> 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
> 1 TBS Dijon mustard
> 5 TBS heavy cream
> 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
>
> Instructions:
>
> One at a time and in order, thoroughly blend all other ingredients
> into mashed eggs. Do not substitute. When blended, whisk until very
> smooth. Makes 1 3/4 cups.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> When you say whisk, do you mean with a hand whisker? I'm a bit confused as
> to whether it is blended using a stick blender etc or not. I can't see
> cooked eggs becoming smooth without a blender. Like you, I also can't see
> that it would need sugar or even sweetener.

The recipe says whisk, but I did use my stick blender. I don't like to whisk
if I don't have to since I have painful wrists at times.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> When you say whisk, do you mean with a hand whisker? I'm a bit confused as
> to whether it is blended using a stick blender etc or not. I can't see
> cooked eggs becoming smooth without a blender. Like you, I also can't see
> that it would need sugar or even sweetener.

At Passover I make my own sort-of-mayonnaise -> one raw egg yolk, one
hardboiled egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, mash the first four
ingredients until smooth in a small glass bowl using a plastic fork, then
keep mashing while adding the olive oil v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. Zero
problem mashing the cooked yolk into the rest.

Salad Dressing BBQ General Cooking 41 27-03-2015 10:35 PM
Salad Dressing aem General Cooking 7 06-06-2009 10:09 PM
Fun with salad dressing. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 26 18-01-2008 12:22 AM
Salad dressing Dimitri General Cooking 1 07-07-2005 10:29 PM
Jimmy Durante's Salad Dressing Salad 7Hawks Recipes 0 20-11-2004 10:02 PM