Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anybody seen this one?

I don't know if it is true, but all on my own before I ever read this,
I stopped using artificial sweeteners except but very rarely. I felt
I was better off without any sweet flavorings at all.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ndas-lies.aspx

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> I don't know if it is true, but all on my own before I ever read this,
> I stopped using artificial sweeteners except but very rarely. I felt
> I was better off without any sweet flavorings at all.
>
> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ndas-lies.aspx
>
> Evelyn

Yes, it's been discussed often in the Betty Martini threads.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
> I don't know if it is true, but all on my own before I ever read this,
> I stopped using artificial sweeteners except but very rarely. I felt
> I was better off without any sweet flavorings at all.
>
> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ndas-lies.aspx

I won't even bother to read it because it's by Mercola and I consider him to
be a quack.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 May 2011 14:04:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Evelyn wrote:
>> I don't know if it is true, but all on my own before I ever read this,
>> I stopped using artificial sweeteners except but very rarely. I felt
>> I was better off without any sweet flavorings at all.
>>
>> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ndas-lies.aspx

>I won't even bother to read it because it's by Mercola and I consider him to
>be a quack.

Thanks for all the opinions and comments! I don't know if Mercola is
a quack or not, but there are always the nay sayers and people out to
scare others. I knew if I asked here I would get a straight answer
and not a lot of nonsense. I will continue to use Splenda when I
have a mind to.... which is very rarely.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 5/4/2011 4:53 PM, Evelyn wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2011 14:04:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> Evelyn wrote:
>>> I don't know if it is true, but all on my own before I ever read this,
>>> I stopped using artificial sweeteners except but very rarely. I felt
>>> I was better off without any sweet flavorings at all.
>>>
>>> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ndas-lies.aspx

>> I won't even bother to read it because it's by Mercola and I consider him to
>> be a quack.

> Thanks for all the opinions and comments! I don't know if Mercola is
> a quack or not, but there are always the nay sayers and people out to
> scare others. I knew if I asked here I would get a straight answer
> and not a lot of nonsense. I will continue to use Splenda when I
> have a mind to.... which is very rarely.
>
> Evelyn

Evelyn

i have lost 88 lbs

took me 6 years, but i probaly too that long to gain it............ okay
only 3 years to gain it

point being weight loss needs to be slow and gradual

i'm a diet soda/pop addict......... i do drink 4 glasses of 16 oz of
water a day, but it doesn't quench my thrist

this is completely contradictory

i find Merkola to be highly 'accusatory' and 'it's all your fault'

if you hear him live, his wife will see your her nutrtion book
too.......... for a 'good price'! call now!

whatever

the scarey part, he gets some 6hing right, then he goes off on a 'you
are type 2 because you are fat, lazy and eat too much' followed by his
wife's book on nutrition

they have solved all disease! we did it to ourselves!

whatever............... moan

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 5/4/2011 4:53 PM, Evelyn wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 May 2011 14:04:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> I won't even bother to read it because it's by Mercola and I consider
>>> him to
>>> be a quack.

>> Thanks for all the opinions and comments! I don't know if Mercola is
>> a quack or not, but there are always the nay sayers and people out to
>> scare others. I knew if I asked here I would get a straight answer
>> and not a lot of nonsense. I will continue to use Splenda when I
>> have a mind to.... which is very rarely.
>>
>> Evelyn

> Evelyn
>
> i have lost 88 lbs
>
> took me 6 years, but i probaly too that long to gain it............ okay
> only 3 years to gain it
>
> point being weight loss needs to be slow and gradual
>
> i'm a diet soda/pop addict......... i do drink 4 glasses of 16 oz of water
> a day, but it doesn't quench my thrist
>
> this is completely contradictory
>
> i find Merkola to be highly 'accusatory' and 'it's all your fault'
>
> if you hear him live, his wife will see your her nutrtion book
> too.......... for a 'good price'! call now!
>
> whatever
>
> the scarey part, he gets some 6hing right, then he goes off on a 'you are
> type 2 because you are fat, lazy and eat too much' followed by his wife's
> book on nutrition
>
> they have solved all disease! we did it to ourselves!
>
> whatever............... moan

Tonight Angela told me that this girl at the dance studio told her that
artificial sweeteners prevent weight loss. I think it's odd how some people
think all sorts of things about them, but they do. This girl is also a
devout vegetarian.

So I told Angela... Did you lose weight when you stopped using them? And
she did stop using them twice for many months at a time. Her 2nd grade
teacher told the whole class they were bad and they should avoid them. So
she refused to drink diet soda any more. I wouldn't allow her to have
regular soda because *I* think it is bad. And she is only allowed one
serving of juice per day per her Dr. So that left her only water. She
wasn't drinking coffee or tea at that point.

More recently she stopped drinking them when she learned that excess
caffeine (and for her excess doesn't seem to be a lot) was causing UTIs or
at least irritation in that area. She switched to water only for many
months. With occasional fruit juice.

The switch for her didn't affect a darned thing. She didn't lose any weight
at all.

She has since resumed drinking diet drinks, now allowing herself up to one
caffeine containing drink per day. She is fond of iced green tea and also
some foo foo gussied up iced coffee drink that they have at Starbucks.
Today she had a Diet Coke.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 04 May 2011 23:36:53 -0600, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 5/4/2011 4:53 PM, Evelyn wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 May 2011 14:04:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> I won't even bother to read it because it's by Mercola and I consider him to
>>> be a quack.

>> Thanks for all the opinions and comments! I don't know if Mercola is
>> a quack or not, but there are always the nay sayers and people out to
>> scare others. I knew if I asked here I would get a straight answer
>> and not a lot of nonsense. I will continue to use Splenda when I
>> have a mind to.... which is very rarely.
>>
>> Evelyn

>Evelyn
>
>i have lost 88 lbs
>
>took me 6 years, but i probaly too that long to gain it............ okay
>only 3 years to gain it
>
>point being weight loss needs to be slow and gradual
>
>i'm a diet soda/pop addict......... i do drink 4 glasses of 16 oz of
>water a day, but it doesn't quench my thrist
>
>this is completely contradictory
>
>i find Merkola to be highly 'accusatory' and 'it's all your fault'
>
>if you hear him live, his wife will see your her nutrtion book
>too.......... for a 'good price'! call now!
>
>whatever
>
>the scarey part, he gets some 6hing right, then he goes off on a 'you
>are type 2 because you are fat, lazy and eat too much' followed by his
>wife's book on nutrition
>
>they have solved all disease! we did it to ourselves!
>
>whatever............... moan
>
>kate

I always go off on people who put forth that mistaken viewpoint. I
blast their asses right out of the water. Grrrrrr!

Evelyn