Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner.

I bought two chicken breasts the other day. Organic, skinless, boneless.
Should have bought more! Next time I will.

I put them in a small baking dish, sprinkled on some Herbamare, parsley and
freeze dried onions. Would have used fresh onions but didn't want to cut up
one because I only have big ones and no other plans for them. Then
smothered them with a carton of gluten free mushroom gravy. Really too much
gravy for that amount of chicken. Baked for a little over an hour at 350.
I messed up and put the timer off so not exactly sure how long they baked
for.

Meanwhile made some white rice because Angela wanted it.

When I took the chicken out, I topped it with a little bit of Nucoa
margarine.

We had this meal with a large amount of French cut green beans.

I still don't like chicken but this is pretty good.

I will mix the leftover rice with a can of chicken and some of the gravy.
Angela can have it for dinner later in the week.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> I bought two chicken breasts the other day. Organic, skinless,
> boneless. Should have bought more! Next time I will.
>
> I put them in a small baking dish, sprinkled on some Herbamare,
> parsley and freeze dried onions. Would have used fresh onions but
> didn't want to cut up one because I only have big ones and no other
> plans for them. Then smothered them with a carton of gluten free
> mushroom gravy. Really too much gravy for that amount of chicken.
> Baked for a little over an hour at 350. I messed up and put the timer
> off so not exactly sure how long they baked for.
>
> Meanwhile made some white rice because Angela wanted it.
>
> When I took the chicken out, I topped it with a little bit of Nucoa
> margarine.
>
> We had this meal with a large amount of French cut green beans.
>
> I still don't like chicken but this is pretty good.
>
> I will mix the leftover rice with a can of chicken and some of the
> gravy. Angela can have it for dinner later in the week.

Don't keep anything with cooked mushrooms in it for too long. Freeze
the gravy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> I bought two chicken breasts the other day. Organic, skinless,
>> boneless. Should have bought more! Next time I will.
>>
>> I put them in a small baking dish, sprinkled on some Herbamare,
>> parsley and freeze dried onions. Would have used fresh onions but
>> didn't want to cut up one because I only have big ones and no other
>> plans for them. Then smothered them with a carton of gluten free
>> mushroom gravy. Really too much gravy for that amount of chicken.
>> Baked for a little over an hour at 350. I messed up and put the timer
>> off so not exactly sure how long they baked for.
>>
>> Meanwhile made some white rice because Angela wanted it.
>>
>> When I took the chicken out, I topped it with a little bit of Nucoa
>> margarine.
>>
>> We had this meal with a large amount of French cut green beans.
>>
>> I still don't like chicken but this is pretty good.
>>
>> I will mix the leftover rice with a can of chicken and some of the
>> gravy. Angela can have it for dinner later in the week.

> Don't keep anything with cooked mushrooms in it for too long. Freeze
> the gravy.

She will eat it on Wed.

Banned

I am a vegetarian so i am going to make some vegetables with boil rice because i really like to eat it.Vegetables have so much benefits so that is the reason of my eating.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 4/29/2011 3:22 AM, atec77 wrote:
> On 29/04/2011 5:30 PM, Jack rose wrote:
>> I am a vegetarian so i am going to make some vegetables with boil rice
>> because i really like to eat it.Vegetables have so much benefits so that
>> is the reason of my eating.
>>

> Reduce the rice if able , speaking personally it spikes me quite badly

Basmati Rice has a different starch chain than the usual rice or the
'sticky rice' variations

this lowers the glycemic index significantly, ergo lowers the glycemic
load, making basmati rice the preferred choice for most people (yes,
moderation of the portion size is a key component of the glycemic load, too)

Wild Rice is actually a grass seed, and has the lowest glycemic index of
'em all

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:30:23 +0000, Jack rose
> wrote:

>I am a vegetarian so i am going to make some vegetables with boil rice
>because i really like to eat it.Vegetables have so much benefits so that
>is the reason of my eating.

For a time I tried to be a vegetarian. It made me SO sick. My
diabetes does not like rice. Very high spikes every time, even with
brown rice.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jack rose" > wrote in message

> I am a vegetarian so i am going to make some vegetables with boil rice
> because i really like to eat it.Vegetables have so much benefits so that
> is the reason of my eating.

Are you diabetic?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 4/29/2011 3:22 AM, atec77 wrote:
>> On 29/04/2011 5:30 PM, Jack rose wrote:
>>> I am a vegetarian so i am going to make some vegetables with boil rice
>>> because i really like to eat it.Vegetables have so much benefits so that
>>> is the reason of my eating.
>>>

>> Reduce the rice if able , speaking personally it spikes me quite badly
>>

> Basmati Rice has a different starch chain than the usual rice or the
> 'sticky rice' variations
>
> this lowers the glycemic index significantly, ergo lowers the glycemic
> load, making basmati rice the preferred choice for most people (yes,
> moderation of the portion size is a key component of the glycemic load,
> too)
>
> Wild Rice is actually a grass seed, and has the lowest glycemic index of
> 'em all

I just got a huge jug of Basmati at Winco for under $5! I usually buy
Texmati but it is more expensive still.

I often make a Spanish type rice with it so it is lower in carbs still.
Start with some ground beef or chicken that has been cut in bite sized
pieces. Brown the meat then when it is almost done, add the rice and cook
it until lightly toasted. Then add some tomato sauce or salsa and some
water. You'll have to measure the rice that you add. You want a ratio of
about 2 cups liquid to 1 cup of rice. I usually add a bit more liquid
because for some reason I need to with this stove. Add chopped onions and
peppers. You can add beans if you want. If vegetarian, leave out the meat
and just use a little olive oil to lightly brown the rice first. Season
with some salt and chili powder or Mexican seasoning. Bring to a boil, then
turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:30:23 +0000, Jack rose
> > wrote:
>

>>I am a vegetarian so i am going to make some vegetables with boil rice
>>because i really like to eat it.Vegetables have so much benefits so that
>>is the reason of my eating.

> For a time I tried to be a vegetarian. It made me SO sick. My
> diabetes does not like rice. Very high spikes every time, even with
> brown rice.

Worked very well for me except that I kept going anemic if I didn't eat red
meat twice a week. But overall I feel MUCH better if I eat no meat. So I
just bite the bullet and eat it sometimes. But most of our meals are still
vegetarian. Not a lot of rice though. I mainly save that for the times
when I am sick to my stomach.