Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Easter dinner?

Jacquie wrote:

> My Dad's parents lived in Arkansas and call the turnip(purple/white)
> the Arkansas Apple...they would peel them and eat them raw. I like
> turnips fried in butter...also chopped turnips with bacon and onion
> are pretty tasty too I put them in my veggie soup, also add them to
> my butter bean soup.

We ate them raw all the time. It's possible I got some in a restaurant in
soup. I don't recall my mom ever making vegetable soup. Just bean soup.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Jacquie > wrote:
: Hi Wendy, Things are going good They put me on Actos and it seems to be
: helping my numbers, but am having some ankle swelling, probably will be put
: on a diuretic when I go see the Dr.
: My son ,who is stationed in NC, came for a visit and brought his little
: girl,Hayleigh, that they adopted a couple of years ago, we have never met
: her...what a joy, we hated seeing them leave My Son and his wife are in
: the process of adopting Hayleighs, 17 month old sister. They hear the Mother
: finally decided to have her tubes tied. This was her fifth baby she had to
: give up. She is hooked on Cocaine........all of he babies but the last one
: didn't have any drugs in their system when born, but little Maddie had coke
: in her blood, she tolerated it ok and had no after affects. We're hoping to
: see her soon too...Life is good. I can't believe my Grandson will 16 next
: month...I can't be that old...LOL.
: How are things going for you?
: Jacquie

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...

: > Jacquie > wrote:
: >
: > Good to hear from you. Tell us how things, besaide your walking , are
: > going.
: >
: > Wendy

I am getting along pretty well. Nothing new healthwise, and am still
going through some sadness over Syd's death. It is nwo the time when
last year he was sick and in and out of hospital and rehaaab, etc. it ws
the beginning of the end. Hopefully, once this time is past it will ease
some. i will always miss im and I imagine that these sad flashes with
continues, although less frequently. Holidays are rough, even though
everyone has been invting me for lunches adn dinners s I shouldn't feel so
alone. last Saturday night I went to a concert of the Chcago Symphony
Orchestra, which Syd joined as first trumpet 70 yers ago this year. It
was magnificent! Only a few tears and lots of joy at the sound and the
realization tht he had been a part of this wonderful organization.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

that is a good age for a cat, and bless you for opening your home and heart
to two new beings who surely needed a forever home, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> the pain meds might have made her more comfortable overall, I am very
>> sorry,

> Well that could be too. She was close to being 18 so it would have been
> her time regardless I think.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i like blueberries fine except if there is pastry around them, i am not sure
why but any other berry is fine in a pastry but not those, ... your family
seems to have serious food issues, and they seem to use food as a control
lever... my falimy equates food with love, but not as control, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> when i could see i was off put byy any food that was blue except berries,
>> but even drinks bothered me, i don't often buy potatoes anymore as dh
>> would prefer psta and i eat many fewer than in years past, Lee

> Blueberries give me nightmares. I don't know where my mom came up with
> this idea but for a long period of time she would serve us blueberries
> straight from the freezer in custard cups for dessert.
>
> Although I am not a fruit lover, I do like most berries but not
> blueberries. They are just sickly sweet to me and I can not tolerate them
> except perhaps finely chopped and mixed with other berries in Jell-O which
> is what I did when I was pregnant as a way to up my nutrition. The
> dietician said I had to eat 5 servings of fruit every day or Angela would
> suffer. Well, I didn't. Was lucky to get one serving per day and Angela
> came out just fine.
>
> I also do not like frozen foods as served in the frozen state. Once in a
> while if it is super hot and I am outside I might have a craving for a
> frozen lemonade or a snow cone provided it isn't super sweet. But usually
> I don't even like Popsicles and I never liked ice cream. Those frozen
> blueberries were just torture and she insisted we eat them.
>
> For some reason they really stained her teeth. They didn't seem to do
> that to anyone else's, but they turned her teeth an awful shade. So she
> would grin at me with those purple teeth and then insist we go for a walk.
> Often it was a walk to the store where we would probably buy bubblegum.
> The sugary kind. Both of my parents used to insist that it didn't cause
> cavities. Oddly my cavities pretty much stopped when I put my foot down
> and refused to chew gum with sugar in it. But I digress... I was always
> mortified that we would run into someone we knew while my mom had the
> purple teeth. And I could never get her to brush them before we left.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> Blueberries give me nightmares. I don't know where my mom came up with
> this idea but for a long period of time she would serve us blueberries
> straight from the freezer in custard cups for dessert.

:-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> that is a good age for a cat, and bless you for opening your home and
> heart to two new beings who surely needed a forever home, Lee

Thanks! They are adjusting quite well.

Easter dinner Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 4 01-04-2012 05:23 AM
Easter Dinner gloria.p General Cooking 33 09-04-2010 12:12 AM
Easter Dinner was... merryb General Cooking 14 26-03-2008 02:38 PM
Easter Dinner John Gaughan General Cooking 47 24-04-2004 07:01 PM