Old 22-04-2011, 06:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Butter on green beans?

Julie Bove wrote:

: One odd thing now that I have gotten my BG mostly down to where it should
: be, I am feeling hunger. This is an odd sensation because I had pretty much
: lost all sense of hunger except for perhaps when I had a hypo or maybe if I
: smelled something cooking. Now instead of forgetting to eat I am looking at
: the clock and eagerly awaiting my next meal.

Julie, that is nice news. I wonder if getting those dreadful highs out of
the way and having more normal bgs, if it might lessen your gastroparesis,
like many find it reduces their neuropath? I wouldn't be fast to test it,
but it might be helping a bit, which would be good.

Wendy

Old 22-04-2011, 10:49 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: One odd thing now that I have gotten my BG mostly down to where it
should
: be, I am feeling hunger. This is an odd sensation because I had pretty
much
: lost all sense of hunger except for perhaps when I had a hypo or maybe
if I
: smelled something cooking. Now instead of forgetting to eat I am
looking at
: the clock and eagerly awaiting my next meal.

Julie, that is nice news. I wonder if getting those dreadful highs out of
the way and having more normal bgs, if it might lessen your gastroparesis,
like many find it reduces their neuropath? I wouldn't be fast to test it,
but it might be helping a bit, which would be good.

Let's hope so.

Now my dad is having problems. I won't get into all of it but he is seeing
a new Dr. so my mom thinks this will help. Has to do with a normal A1c but
high BG pretty much all the time. There are extenuating circumstances that
the last Dr. just glossed over. But insulin could be in his future.

Old 23-04-2011, 11:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

one of the reason ww works so good for me is i learned to eat on a schedule
and much smaller meals, its sorta an exostructure that has helped me to some
degree eat and drink in such a way that i don't over eat and don't get too
hungry,

Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
Storrmmee wrote:
one of my weight issues is detecting hunger vs thirst, i can forget
to eat until i have the shakes, and i used to rarely eat for hunger
jus taste, i figured this out one day tasting veggies for a soup... i
think this is like the asparagus thing, and some other veggies,
genetics must play a part,

I always thought this was an odd thing. I do get thirsty from time to
time. I don't like to get thirsty. As a result of this I have taken to
bringing a drink with me wherever I go. I used to actually take a cooler
full of drinks and I will do this for long outings. But I used to do this
just to go to the grocery store or my parent's house! Now I know I can
stop for a drink pretty much anywhere if need be. So I don't do that any
more.

I do think Angela used to have the problem with hunger vs. thirst. I had
a hard time getting her to drink anything at all for many years and she
constantly thought she was hungry. Got to the point where I would have to
insist that she drink a certain amount of liquid before she was allowed
any food. She would also go off to school without so much as a sip of
water. And in NY they didn't have drinking fountains in the school. The
kids were required to bring a purchased bottle of water with them every
day. She did do that but it almost always came home unopened.

I still do have problems getting her to drink before school but she does
always bring a drink with her and she does drink it. At dance she brings
a bottle of water or a sports drink or once in a while a diet soda. She
does drink that. Sometimes she even buys another bottle while there. And
I always have to buy her something on the way out. Most of the time she
finishes it before we get home.

Old 23-04-2011, 11:28 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

i think detecting and quenching thirst is a really important part of any
deitary regime, and it is so often overlooked. I have the added issue of
hating the taste of most water... we just bought a britta water pitcher that
seems to be helping somewhat.

Lee
"W. Baker" wrote in message
Storrmmee wrote:
: one of my weight issues is detecting hunger vs thirst, i can forget to
eat
: until i have the shakes, and i used to rarely eat for hunger jus taste,
: figured this out one day tasting veggies for a soup... i think this is
like
: the asparagus thing, and some other veggies, genetics must play a part,

: Lee

When my boys were growing up and would com ehome ready to drinks all the
juice nand milk in the house as well asclean the refrigerator with their
mouths( explained long ago in a pst), I would have them first drink a big
glass of water and then start snacking. this often reduces, not only the
manout of juice, etc they drank, but lso the food.

I find, fo rme, that when I am looking for a snack, a aglass of water
often helps me not take it. I often forget to drink between meals so can
get thirsty without realizing it.

Wendy