Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default banana pudding help.

this is just killing me, i can't eat any of these puddings because of the
nutrea crap, Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> if you mix it very well it helps add bulk and firmness to it making it a
> firmer pudding.
>
> if you buy a cheap whey like pure protein's from Wal-Mart it will separate
> and leave you a pudding oozing liquid..not tasty..
>
> I use a large lock n lock container and shake the heck out of it but a
> hand mixer would be good to
>
> I sometimes add unflavored gelatin and a tiny bit guar gum if I want it
> pie like.
>
> nice thing is you can adjust the sweetness and texture how you like it.
>
> when I want it super sweet I add splenda with fiber along with the whey
> so I get protein and fiber with a serving.
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> thanks, does they whey powder affect taste or mouth feel?
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding boxes
>>
>> they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones
>>
>> no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.
>>
>> the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate and
>> vanilla are not so good to me.
>>
>> the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my
>> favorite.
>>
>> again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they
>> are fine with regular milk.
>>
>> oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value since
>> they contain non regularly.
>>
>> the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is 145
>> calories
>>
>> KROM
>>

>> "Janet" wrote
>> The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
>> simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding
>> in
>> a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to
>> package
>> directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even
>> make
>> it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell
>> her
>> to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of
>> milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, i have to stay on the intellectual side of this one, if i ate a
serving of this pudding i would be in the ER, Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> since I augment mine with fiber and protein it helps with not spiking BG
> even more then plain
>
> as I always say it's a tasty experimentation till you get it down...lol
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> that isn't hidious, given the adujstments of really thin nannas and fewer
> wafers this might work out ok, thanks, Lee
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> one serving is 25 calories and 6 carb
>>
>> there's 4 servings in a box
>>
>> KROM
>>

>> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>> what are the carbs like on those ff... instant or cook? i have no idea
>> about these things, i don't often eat pudding and dh makes his chocolate
>> from scratch, Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

you could make your own pudding using guar gum and or gelatin plus
flavorings and even carablos and milk.

I don't know what sweetener you can use but shouldnt be hard to make it
from scratch.

KROM

"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> if you mix it very well it helps add bulk and firmness to it making it a
> firmer pudding.
>
> if you buy a cheap whey like pure protein's from Wal-Mart it will separate
> and leave you a pudding oozing liquid..not tasty..
>
> I use a large lock n lock container and shake the heck out of it but a
> hand mixer would be good to
>
> I sometimes add unflavored gelatin and a tiny bit guar gum if I want it
> pie like.
>
> nice thing is you can adjust the sweetness and texture how you like it.
>
> when I want it super sweet I add splenda with fiber along with the whey
> so I get protein and fiber with a serving.
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> thanks, does they whey powder affect taste or mouth feel?
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding boxes
>>
>> they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones
>>
>> no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.
>>
>> the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate and
>> vanilla are not so good to me.
>>
>> the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my
>> favorite.
>>
>> again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they
>> are fine with regular milk.
>>
>> oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value since
>> they contain non regularly.
>>
>> the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is 145
>> calories
>>
>> KROM
>>

>> "Janet" wrote
>> The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
>> simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding
>> in
>> a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to
>> package
>> directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even
>> make
>> it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell
>> her
>> to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of
>> milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

was a surprise to me too..I figured its my special birthday treat along with
porterhouse steaks if I recall...so nothing that would spike me..just rich
foods.

the steak was very very marbled and was almost too fatty but delicious and
the pudding was just too much...lol

this year I'm thinking banana pudding in a organic gram cracker crust made
thicker so pie like topped with real whipped cream.

maybe add freshly toasted coconut...stinks cant find any not sweetened
coconut in my local stores.

problem with making say a pie is its too much for me alone wife wont eat it
unless its chocolate..although I'm betting I could get mini pie sized crusts
and make like two would be plenty for me.

KROM

"Janet" wrote in message ...

KROM wrote:

<snip>

> was so rich I couldn't eat
> it

Now that is a phrase that I am sure I have never, ever uttered. <G>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM > wrote:
: was a surprise to me too..I figured its my special birthday treat along with
: porterhouse steaks if I recall...so nothing that would spike me..just rich
: foods.

: the steak was very very marbled and was almost too fatty but delicious and
: the pudding was just too much...lol

: this year I'm thinking banana pudding in a organic gram cracker crust made
: thicker so pie like topped with real whipped cream.

: maybe add freshly toasted coconut...stinks cant find any not sweetened
: coconut in my local stores.

: problem with making say a pie is its too much for me alone wife wont eat it
: unless its chocolate..although I'm betting I could get mini pie sized crusts
: and make like two would be plenty for me.

: KROM

Aaround here, in NYC I see tart crusts made from grahm crackers. Yu
should be able to find, at lest the tin foil tart sized tins adn make our
own eithe rnut or whatever crust to put in there and make yourself a
couple of tarts instead of a whole pie. There is nothing wrong with just
having pudding itself with no crust at all. I do that with my pumpkin
pike filling when I make it not for Thanksgiving dinner and it makes a
nifty dessert adn lasts for a few days too. I sometimes enjoy it for
breakfast too:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i honestly have been reading about doing this, i think i will do more
research and when we get back to a proper kitchen i will work on it, Lee
"KROM" > wrote in message ...
> you could make your own pudding using guar gum and or gelatin plus
> flavorings and even carablos and milk.
>
> I don't know what sweetener you can use but shouldn't be hard to make it
> from scratch.
>
> KROM
>

> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>
> this is just killing me, i can't eat any of these puddings because of the
> nutrea crap, Lee
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> if you mix it very well it helps add bulk and firmness to it making it a
>> firmer pudding.
>>
>> if you buy a cheap whey like pure protein's from Wal-Mart it will
>> separate and leave you a pudding oozing liquid..not tasty..
>>
>> I use a large lock n lock container and shake the heck out of it but a
>> hand mixer would be good to
>>
>> I sometimes add unflavored gelatin and a tiny bit guar gum if I want it
>> pie like.
>>
>> nice thing is you can adjust the sweetness and texture how you like it.
>>
>> when I want it super sweet I add splenda with fiber along with the whey
>> so I get protein and fiber with a serving.
>>
>> KROM
>>

>> "Storrmmee" wrote in message ...
>>
>> thanks, does they whey powder affect taste or mouth feel?
>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>>I have in my hand a box of banana cream and pistachio jell-o pudding
>>>boxes
>>>
>>> they are the instant sugar free-fat free ones
>>>
>>> no two stores seem to carry the same flavors so I get them when I can.
>>>
>>> the white chocolates not bad and the lemons pretty good the chocolate
>>> and vanilla are not so good to me.
>>>
>>> the pistachio is exactly same as the regular one to me...so its my
>>> favorite.
>>>
>>> again I augment them with heavy cream for mouth feel and taste but they
>>> are fine with regular milk.
>>>
>>> oh I often mix 4 scoops whey protein powder into it for added value
>>> since they contain non regularly.
>>>
>>> the protein powder adds 21 g protein and 120 calories so a serving is
>>> 145 calories
>>>
>>> KROM
>>>

>>> "Janet" wrote
>>> The best solution for comparatively low-carb banana pudding might be to
>>> simply go to the store and buy an instant artificially-sweetened pudding
>>> in
>>> a flavor like cheesecake or white chocolate, prepare it according to
>>> package
>>> directions, and add the sliced bananas to it. (Who knows, they may even
>>> make
>>> it in banana flavor.) And if she wants to make it more mousse-like, tell
>>> her
>>> to use half the stated volume of liquid and make it cream instead of
>>> milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yes I normally just eat the pudding but wanted a splurge for birthday..

but yes I could buy the empty small pie tins and make my own gram/nut
crust..would be easy enough...a few crackers some nuts and some butter and
some splenda if I want it sweet...

KROM

"W. Baker" wrote

Banana Pudding crouslar Marketplace 0 17-05-2012 11:50 PM
Semolina and Banana Pudding International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 27-07-2008 01:48 PM
Creamy Banana Pudding Best_chef General Cooking 17 20-10-2007 04:14 AM
Banana Pudding The International Cafe Recipes (moderated) 0 15-09-2005 02:51 AM
Layered Low-Fat Banana Pudding T & J Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 04-07-2005 04:25 AM