FoodBanter.com

-   -   RECIPE: Legal Seafoods crab cakes with mustard mayo sauce (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/406178-re-recipe-legal-seafoods.html)

W. Baker 31-03-2011 05:42 PM

RECIPE: Legal Seafoods crab cakes with mustard mayo sauce

Evelyn > wrote:
: On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:16:33 +1000, "Ozgirl"
: > wrote:

: >
: >
: >"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
: ...
: >> exactly what i was thinking, the low carb crackers will be interesting
: >> also
: >
: >I have never used crackers for that kind of dish before. I would have
: >thought low carb bread would have held the cakes together better but as
: >I have never tried it, I don't know.

: The last time I made crab cakes I used matzo meal as the binding agent
: and the rest of the recipe was very similar to Susan's.

This just strikes me as funny. I am sure it worked well, but the contrast
of Matzo meal with drab is just so incongruous:-)

Happy Passover, coming soon.

Wendy

Evelyn 31-03-2011 07:51 PM

RECIPE: Legal Seafoods crab cakes with mustard mayo sauce

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:42:24 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>Evelyn > wrote:
>: On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:16:33 +1000, "Ozgirl"
>: > wrote:
>
>: >
>: >
>: >"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>: ...
>: >> exactly what i was thinking, the low carb crackers will be interesting
>: >> also
>: >
>: >I have never used crackers for that kind of dish before. I would have
>: >thought low carb bread would have held the cakes together better but as
>: >I have never tried it, I don't know.
>
>: The last time I made crab cakes I used matzo meal as the binding agent
>: and the rest of the recipe was very similar to Susan's.
>
>This just strikes me as funny. I am sure it worked well, but the contrast
>of Matzo meal with drab is just so incongruous:-)
>
>Happy Passover, coming soon.
>
>Wendy

Hi Wendy, it is only just cracker meal without salt, so it is a very
good substitute! I wish you a wonderful Passover too!

Evelyn