Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default RECIPE: Legal Seafoods crab cakes with mustard mayo sauce

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> My neighbour borrowed back his large saucepan recently. He had been out
> crabbing and had a pile of crabs to cook up. Should send him out on my
> behalf I have forgotten what you call those large saucepans, lol. Big
> ones for cooking soups etc in bulk Two handles at the top.

I call them stockpots.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:53:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> My neighbour borrowed back his large saucepan recently. He had been out
>> crabbing and had a pile of crabs to cook up. Should send him out on my
>> behalf I have forgotten what you call those large saucepans, lol. Big
>> ones for cooking soups etc in bulk Two handles at the top.

>I call them stockpots.
>
>Cheri

So do I. I have a huge one and it is amazing how often I use it,
especially when making homemade soup to freeze for our lunches.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:53:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>> My neighbour borrowed back his large saucepan recently. He had been
>>> out
>>> crabbing and had a pile of crabs to cook up. Should send him out on
>>> my
>>> behalf I have forgotten what you call those large saucepans, lol.
>>> Big
>>> ones for cooking soups etc in bulk Two handles at the top.

>>I call them stockpots.
>>
>>Cheri

> So do I. I have a huge one and it is amazing how often I use it,
> especially when making homemade soup to freeze for our lunches.

That's what I use them for mostly too. I never seem to be able to make a
small pot of soup I tend to start off putting stuff in a slow cooker
then realise I still have a lot of veggies and some liquid to go in and
have to tip it all into a stockpot.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-archive: y7es

On 3/31/2011 10:17 AM, Evelyn wrote:

> I use my big stockpot to cook lobsters on the rare occasion that I
> ever get some. It's the only thing big enough to fit them all into.
>
> I also used it last summer when I had a BBQ for a big batch of corn on
> the cob for my guests!

I only like 2-4 lb lobsters, even if I share them, so my stock pot isn't
big enough.

In summer, I use the pot from my turkey fryer, it's huge, for an annual
lobster fest. All cooking and prep done outside.

I'm getting VERY excited waiting for my first, new Weber Genesis grill,
too. Freecycling my old grill for the upgrade.

Susan
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "Evelyn" > wrote in message
: ...
: > On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:53:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
: > wrote:
: >
: >>
: >>"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
: ...
[...]

:

I have that proplem to, now that I am alone. The lst, clean out the
fridge, chicken soup I made just kept getting bigger. After I ate 2 bowls
for my dinner, I still have 5 1/2 Qts left, so I frove 3 12 and ate the
remaing 2 qts over the next few days. I just bought myself asmaller soup
pt to prevent just adding stuff into the big one. havn't used it yet.

Wendy