Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default great recipe

Hi all, I found this great recipe for diabetic banana yogurt pancakes.

http://help-with-diabetes.com

These pancakes are tender and tasty, sure to be a hit with the
children. You can serve them with sugar free syrup, or better yet,
sautéed fresh berries or other favorite fruit. Just make sure to count
all of your carbohydrates. Add coffee, tea, or skim milk and you have
very special breakfast to wake up lazy morning appetites..
2 cups (280 g) unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
1 packet sugar substitute
1 tablespoon (15 g) baking soda
8 ounces (240 ml) fat free plain yogurt
1 large very ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup (240 ml) skim milk
1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml) canola oil
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
4 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
Combine the flour, sugar substitute, and baking soda in a large bowl.
Stir to combine.
Add the yogurt, banana, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir until just
moistened.
Gently fold in the beaten egg whites to complete the batter.
Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Working in batches
and using a ladle, make 4 inch pancakes. Cook until the bottom is
browned and bubbles come to the top of the cakes. Turn and continue to
cook until browned. Keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes.

Per serving: 76 calories (7% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 1 total
fat (0.1 saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 0
cholesterol, 236 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Unfortunately this recipe would send the blood glucose levels of most
diabetics into the stratosphere especially in the mornings when people
are most insulin resistant/carb sensitive.

"mdoggy39" > wrote in message
> Hi all, I found this great recipe for diabetic banana yogurt pancakes.
>
> http://help-with-diabetes.com
>
> These pancakes are tender and tasty, sure to be a hit with the
> children. You can serve them with sugar free syrup, or better yet,
> sautéed fresh berries or other favorite fruit. Just make sure to count
> all of your carbohydrates. Add coffee, tea, or skim milk and you have
> very special breakfast to wake up lazy morning appetites..
> 2 cups (280 g) unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
> 1 packet sugar substitute
> 1 tablespoon (15 g) baking soda
> 8 ounces (240 ml) fat free plain yogurt
> 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
> 1/2 cup (240 ml) skim milk
> 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml) canola oil
> 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
> 4 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
> refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
> Combine the flour, sugar substitute, and baking soda in a large bowl.
> Stir to combine.
> Add the yogurt, banana, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir until just
> moistened.
> Gently fold in the beaten egg whites to complete the batter.
> Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Working in batches
> and using a ladle, make 4 inch pancakes. Cook until the bottom is
> browned and bubbles come to the top of the cakes. Turn and continue to
> cook until browned. Keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes.
>
> Per serving: 76 calories (7% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 1 total
> fat (0.1 saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 0
> cholesterol, 236 mg sodium
> Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Unfortunately this recipe would send the blood glucose levels of most
> diabetics into the stratosphere especially in the mornings when people are
> most insulin resistant/carb sensitive.

Plus to me it sounds just nasty.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> Unfortunately this recipe would send the blood glucose levels of most
>> diabetics into the stratosphere especially in the mornings when people
>> are most insulin resistant/carb sensitive.

> Plus to me it sounds just nasty.

Really? I think it sounds really good.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>> Unfortunately this recipe would send the blood glucose levels of most
>>> diabetics into the stratosphere especially in the mornings when people
>>> are most insulin resistant/carb sensitive.

>> Plus to me it sounds just nasty.

> Really? I think it sounds really good.

Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only plain
ones or oatmeal.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Plus to me it sounds just nasty.

>> Really? I think it sounds really good.

> Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only plain
> ones or oatmeal.

Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often, even
the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Plus to me it sounds just nasty.

>> Really? I think it sounds really good.

> Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only
> plain ones or oatmeal.

Well, back in the day I used to occasionally go to a pancake place after
a night out. I would have a short stack with banana, caramel, nuts, ice
cream and cream

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Really? I think it sounds really good.

>> Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only
>> plain ones or oatmeal.

> Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often,
> even the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

lol me neither. When I was a kid mum used to make them and sprinkle them
with lemon juice and sugar while hot, damn they were good. We would eat
them all before the next lot were cooked

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only plain
>>> ones or oatmeal.

>> Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often, even
>> the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

> lol me neither. When I was a kid mum used to make them and sprinkle them
> with lemon juice and sugar while hot, damn they were good. We would eat
> them all before the next lot were cooked

My uncle lived with us, and he always made these little pancakes for us that
he would fry up in bacon grease until the edges were crispy, put butter on
them and sprinkle the sugar on. Damn, those were good. The lemon juice and
sugar sounds really good too. I really hate the I-HOP commercials on TV,
because some of those sound so good. I haven't been to I-HOP for years and
years.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often,
>>> even the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

>> lol me neither. When I was a kid mum used to make them and sprinkle
>> them with lemon juice and sugar while hot, damn they were good. We
>> would eat them all before the next lot were cooked

> My uncle lived with us, and he always made these little pancakes for
> us that he would fry up in bacon grease until the edges were crispy,
> put butter on them and sprinkle the sugar on. Damn, those were good.
> The lemon juice and sugar sounds really good too. I really hate the
> I-HOP commercials on TV, because some of those sound so good. I
> haven't been to I-HOP for years and years.
>
> Cheri

This is where i used to go when I was living in Sydney:

http://pancakesontherocks.com.au/plu...s/pancakes.php

Can't see what I used to have but Bananarama in the pancake section is
close.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> lol me neither. When I was a kid mum used to make them and sprinkle them
>>> with lemon juice and sugar while hot, damn they were good. We would eat
>>> them all before the next lot were cooked

>> My uncle lived with us, and he always made these little pancakes for us
>> that he would fry up in bacon grease until the edges were crispy, put
>> butter on them and sprinkle the sugar on. Damn, those were good. The
>> lemon juice and sugar sounds really good too. I really hate the I-HOP
>> commercials on TV, because some of those sound so good. I haven't been to
>> I-HOP for years and years.
>>
>> Cheri

> This is where i used to go when I was living in Sydney:
>
> http://pancakesontherocks.com.au/plu...s/pancakes.php
>
> Can't see what I used to have but Bananarama in the pancake section is
> close.

Sounds like I-HOP

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Really? I think it sounds really good.

>> Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only plain
>> ones or oatmeal.

> Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often, even
> the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

When I was a kid I didn't like pancakes at all. The only way I would eat
them was as is. No butter or syrup.

My parents used to take me to IHOP sometimes. For some reason the chocolate
chip pancakes always sounded good. But after the second bite I would be
sick to my stomach. If there's one thing I really can't stand it's melted
chocolate chips.

As an adult (prior to diabetes) I used to make my own pancakes a lot or buy
the frozen ones. I would only eat them with butter and fake diet maple
syrup. I didn't like the real stuff at all.

Now I make pancakes for Angela maybe 2 or 3 times a year. The gluten free
ones just don't come out like real pancakes. I did have one brand once that
were quite good but I've never seen them since. I mail ordered them
somewhere. You just added OJ to the mix. The stuff I use now is vegan and
I put applesauce and something else in it. Either water or rice milk. I
can't remember. I make a very tiny one for myself. Less than a teaspoon of
batter. I put a drop of real maple syrup on it. The real stuff is the only
syrup Angela has ever had, unless perhaps she got something different in a
restaurant when she was little. But pancakes are not something I ordered
for her very much.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only plain
>>> ones or oatmeal.

>> Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often, even
>> the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

> lol me neither. When I was a kid mum used to make them and sprinkle them
> with lemon juice and sugar while hot, damn they were good. We would eat
> them all before the next lot were cooked

There used to be a restaurant here called Elmer's. They are a chain and
they are still around but they are not good any more. In the old days they
served a Dutch Baby. I had that twice. Served with lemon juice and syrup.
Oooh was that good!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often,
>>> even the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

>> lol me neither. When I was a kid mum used to make them and sprinkle them
>> with lemon juice and sugar while hot, damn they were good. We would eat
>> them all before the next lot were cooked

> My uncle lived with us, and he always made these little pancakes for us
> that he would fry up in bacon grease until the edges were crispy, put
> butter on them and sprinkle the sugar on. Damn, those were good. The lemon
> juice and sugar sounds really good too. I really hate the I-HOP
> commercials on TV, because some of those sound so good. I haven't been to
> I-HOP for years and years.

I used to make the for my brother by spelling out letters with the batter,
letting them brown then pouring little pancakes over them. I would spell
stuff out on his plate. Or I would drop them down in the shapes of animals.
I think I was more impressed than he was.

I finally learned if I was going to eat at IHOP to order something besides
pancakes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Really? I think it sounds really good.

>> Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only plain
>> ones or oatmeal.

> Well, back in the day I used to occasionally go to a pancake place after a
> night out. I would have a short stack with banana, caramel, nuts, ice
> cream and cream

We go to a place called Family Pancake and Dinner House. My mom orders a
banana, berry and nut pancake thing but with no bananas. She is allergic to
them. Berries are another thing I can't stand in pancakes. When we were
dating my husband made me blueberry pancakes. I couldn't eat them much less
stand the smell of them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:33:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> Unfortunately this recipe would send the blood glucose levels of most
>> diabetics into the stratosphere especially in the mornings when people are
>> most insulin resistant/carb sensitive.

>Plus to me it sounds just nasty.

I think it sounds delicious!
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:45:25 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Well I can't stand bananas or yogurt. I do like pancakes but only
>>> plain ones or oatmeal.

>> Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often,
>> even the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

>lol me neither. When I was a kid mum used to make them and sprinkle them
>with lemon juice and sugar while hot, damn they were good. We would eat
>them all before the next lot were cooked

I used to make crepes and do that for my kids. They LOVED them!

Any great recipe spellbindguy Preserving 0 29-07-2011 04:50 PM
Great new recipe RodS Diabetic 12 09-11-2007 08:58 AM
great recipe [email protected] Vegan 0 19-10-2006 03:19 PM
REC - Yet Another Great Pie Recipe Damsel General Cooking 0 10-10-2005 09:30 PM
Great rib recipe TAF Barbecue 3 12-01-2004 06:44 PM