Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Don't want to eat breakfast!

I guess I am in a rut. I don't necessarily eat breakfast foods for
breakfast and I usually don't eat my breakfast until noon or 1:00. I find I
keep putting it off until later and later because I just don't have the
desire to eat. Yes, I am usually hungry. But nothing sounds good to eat.

For a while I ate toast. But I don't really like toast. Never did. Then I
switched to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but since it is high in carbs the amount
I could eat of it was very small. I actually got pretty sick of it. I
never really liked cereal but for some reason I found I could eat it and it
didn't bother me. Then I switched to polenta with tomato sauce. But I
guess I got burned out on that.

A couple of times a week I will have cottage cheese but that doesn't seem to
work so well for me. The problem? I need some carbs. Yes there are carbs
in that but seemingly not enough. I try to add a few pretzels or corn chips
but I can never seem to get the right carb count. If I don't get enough
carbs, I spike just as I would with too many carbs. Grrr...

I might eat bacon every once in a while but for the most part I don't like
meat. I don't digest vegetables very well. I can do beans. I have a case
of canned kidney beans. Maybe I'll try eating those. I do digest mashed
potatoes very well but I am getting sick of those because I have them for
dinner or a bedtime snack fairly often.

Ever get into a rut where you just don't want to eat? I know not eating
would be the worst thing for me to do. I do have to take insulin and pills
when I get up.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> I guess I am in a rut. I don't necessarily eat breakfast foods for
> breakfast and I usually don't eat my breakfast until noon or 1:00. I
> find I keep putting it off until later and later because I just don't
> have the desire to eat. Yes, I am usually hungry. But nothing
> sounds good to eat.
> For a while I ate toast. But I don't really like toast. Never did. Then
> I switched to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but since it is high in
> carbs the amount I could eat of it was very small. I actually got
> pretty sick of it. I never really liked cereal but for some reason I
> found I could eat it and it didn't bother me. Then I switched to
> polenta with tomato sauce. But I guess I got burned out on that.
>
> A couple of times a week I will have cottage cheese but that doesn't
> seem to work so well for me. The problem? I need some carbs. Yes
> there are carbs in that but seemingly not enough. I try to add a few
> pretzels or corn chips but I can never seem to get the right carb
> count. If I don't get enough carbs, I spike just as I would with too
> many carbs. Grrr...
> I might eat bacon every once in a while but for the most part I don't
> like meat. I don't digest vegetables very well. I can do beans. I
> have a case of canned kidney beans. Maybe I'll try eating those. I
> do digest mashed potatoes very well but I am getting sick of those
> because I have them for dinner or a bedtime snack fairly often.
>
> Ever get into a rut where you just don't want to eat? I know not
> eating would be the worst thing for me to do. I do have to take
> insulin and pills when I get up.

I have a similar problem with breakfast, in that what I really like to have
is mostly verboten. It's 9:30 and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. (Luckily my
BG was 85 when I got up, and I don't seem to suffer from dawn phenomenon
these days...) Have you considered adding some fruit to either cottage
cheese or yogurt? I like cottage cheese with an apple diced into it, and
half a cup with a 100gm apple is about 20 gms of carb. (Which means I can't
have it for breakfast, but oh well, lunch is okay.) Greek yogurt with some
thawed frozen blueberries or strawberries and sweetener of your choice might
also work.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> I guess I am in a rut. I don't necessarily eat breakfast foods for
>> breakfast and I usually don't eat my breakfast until noon or 1:00. I
>> find I keep putting it off until later and later because I just don't
>> have the desire to eat. Yes, I am usually hungry. But nothing
>> sounds good to eat.
>> For a while I ate toast. But I don't really like toast. Never did. Then
>> I switched to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but since it is high in
>> carbs the amount I could eat of it was very small. I actually got
>> pretty sick of it. I never really liked cereal but for some reason I
>> found I could eat it and it didn't bother me. Then I switched to
>> polenta with tomato sauce. But I guess I got burned out on that.
>>
>> A couple of times a week I will have cottage cheese but that doesn't
>> seem to work so well for me. The problem? I need some carbs. Yes
>> there are carbs in that but seemingly not enough. I try to add a few
>> pretzels or corn chips but I can never seem to get the right carb
>> count. If I don't get enough carbs, I spike just as I would with too
>> many carbs. Grrr...
>> I might eat bacon every once in a while but for the most part I don't
>> like meat. I don't digest vegetables very well. I can do beans. I
>> have a case of canned kidney beans. Maybe I'll try eating those. I
>> do digest mashed potatoes very well but I am getting sick of those
>> because I have them for dinner or a bedtime snack fairly often.
>>
>> Ever get into a rut where you just don't want to eat? I know not
>> eating would be the worst thing for me to do. I do have to take
>> insulin and pills when I get up.

> I have a similar problem with breakfast, in that what I really like to
> have is mostly verboten. It's 9:30 and I haven't eaten breakfast yet.
> (Luckily my BG was 85 when I got up, and I don't seem to suffer from dawn
> phenomenon these days...) Have you considered adding some fruit to either
> cottage cheese or yogurt? I like cottage cheese with an apple diced into
> it, and half a cup with a 100gm apple is about 20 gms of carb. (Which
> means I can't have it for breakfast, but oh well, lunch is okay.) Greek
> yogurt with some thawed frozen blueberries or strawberries and sweetener
> of your choice might also work.

I've tried canned pears with cottage cheese. Didn't work. I can't stand
most other fruits. Don't like yogurt at all. And the problem with dairy is
I can have it only twice a week.