FoodBanter.com

-   -   Don't want to eat breakfast! (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/405806-dont-want-eat-breakfast.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 18-03-2011 12:43 AM

Don't want to eat breakfast!

I guess I am in a rut. I don't necessarily eat breakfast foods for
breakfast and I usually don't eat my breakfast until noon or 1:00. I find I
keep putting it off until later and later because I just don't have the
desire to eat. Yes, I am usually hungry. But nothing sounds good to eat.

For a while I ate toast. But I don't really like toast. Never did. Then I
switched to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but since it is high in carbs the amount
I could eat of it was very small. I actually got pretty sick of it. I
never really liked cereal but for some reason I found I could eat it and it
didn't bother me. Then I switched to polenta with tomato sauce. But I
guess I got burned out on that.

A couple of times a week I will have cottage cheese but that doesn't seem to
work so well for me. The problem? I need some carbs. Yes there are carbs
in that but seemingly not enough. I try to add a few pretzels or corn chips
but I can never seem to get the right carb count. If I don't get enough
carbs, I spike just as I would with too many carbs. Grrr...

I might eat bacon every once in a while but for the most part I don't like
meat. I don't digest vegetables very well. I can do beans. I have a case
of canned kidney beans. Maybe I'll try eating those. I do digest mashed
potatoes very well but I am getting sick of those because I have them for
dinner or a bedtime snack fairly often.

Ever get into a rut where you just don't want to eat? I know not eating
would be the worst thing for me to do. I do have to take insulin and pills
when I get up.

Janet 18-03-2011 02:32 PM

Don't want to eat breakfast!

Julie Bove wrote:
> I guess I am in a rut. I don't necessarily eat breakfast foods for
> breakfast and I usually don't eat my breakfast until noon or 1:00. I
> find I keep putting it off until later and later because I just don't
> have the desire to eat. Yes, I am usually hungry. But nothing
> sounds good to eat.
> For a while I ate toast. But I don't really like toast. Never did. Then
> I switched to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but since it is high in
> carbs the amount I could eat of it was very small. I actually got
> pretty sick of it. I never really liked cereal but for some reason I
> found I could eat it and it didn't bother me. Then I switched to
> polenta with tomato sauce. But I guess I got burned out on that.
>
> A couple of times a week I will have cottage cheese but that doesn't
> seem to work so well for me. The problem? I need some carbs. Yes
> there are carbs in that but seemingly not enough. I try to add a few
> pretzels or corn chips but I can never seem to get the right carb
> count. If I don't get enough carbs, I spike just as I would with too
> many carbs. Grrr...
> I might eat bacon every once in a while but for the most part I don't
> like meat. I don't digest vegetables very well. I can do beans. I
> have a case of canned kidney beans. Maybe I'll try eating those. I
> do digest mashed potatoes very well but I am getting sick of those
> because I have them for dinner or a bedtime snack fairly often.
>
> Ever get into a rut where you just don't want to eat? I know not
> eating would be the worst thing for me to do. I do have to take
> insulin and pills when I get up.

I have a similar problem with breakfast, in that what I really like to have
is mostly verboten. It's 9:30 and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. (Luckily my
BG was 85 when I got up, and I don't seem to suffer from dawn phenomenon
these days...) Have you considered adding some fruit to either cottage
cheese or yogurt? I like cottage cheese with an apple diced into it, and
half a cup with a 100gm apple is about 20 gms of carb. (Which means I can't
have it for breakfast, but oh well, lunch is okay.) Greek yogurt with some
thawed frozen blueberries or strawberries and sweetener of your choice might
also work.

Julie Bove[_2_] 18-03-2011 10:33 PM

Don't want to eat breakfast!

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> I guess I am in a rut. I don't necessarily eat breakfast foods for
>> breakfast and I usually don't eat my breakfast until noon or 1:00. I
>> find I keep putting it off until later and later because I just don't
>> have the desire to eat. Yes, I am usually hungry. But nothing
>> sounds good to eat.
>> For a while I ate toast. But I don't really like toast. Never did. Then
>> I switched to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but since it is high in
>> carbs the amount I could eat of it was very small. I actually got
>> pretty sick of it. I never really liked cereal but for some reason I
>> found I could eat it and it didn't bother me. Then I switched to
>> polenta with tomato sauce. But I guess I got burned out on that.
>>
>> A couple of times a week I will have cottage cheese but that doesn't
>> seem to work so well for me. The problem? I need some carbs. Yes
>> there are carbs in that but seemingly not enough. I try to add a few
>> pretzels or corn chips but I can never seem to get the right carb
>> count. If I don't get enough carbs, I spike just as I would with too
>> many carbs. Grrr...
>> I might eat bacon every once in a while but for the most part I don't
>> like meat. I don't digest vegetables very well. I can do beans. I
>> have a case of canned kidney beans. Maybe I'll try eating those. I
>> do digest mashed potatoes very well but I am getting sick of those
>> because I have them for dinner or a bedtime snack fairly often.
>>
>> Ever get into a rut where you just don't want to eat? I know not
>> eating would be the worst thing for me to do. I do have to take
>> insulin and pills when I get up.

> I have a similar problem with breakfast, in that what I really like to
> have is mostly verboten. It's 9:30 and I haven't eaten breakfast yet.
> (Luckily my BG was 85 when I got up, and I don't seem to suffer from dawn
> phenomenon these days...) Have you considered adding some fruit to either
> cottage cheese or yogurt? I like cottage cheese with an apple diced into
> it, and half a cup with a 100gm apple is about 20 gms of carb. (Which
> means I can't have it for breakfast, but oh well, lunch is okay.) Greek
> yogurt with some thawed frozen blueberries or strawberries and sweetener
> of your choice might also work.

I've tried canned pears with cottage cheese. Didn't work. I can't stand
most other fruits. Don't like yogurt at all. And the problem with dairy is
I can have it only twice a week.