Old 01-03-2011, 08:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Polenta?

I recently purchased a tube of pre-cooked organic polenta. The
nutrition label said that 2 1/2" slices equal 15g of carbs. I made some
Creole-style shrimp and put it over the two pieces each of the polenta.
DH bolused for it and checked post-prandials and there was no spike.

It was a good way to enjoy the sauce.

Some of you can handle a meal with under 25g of carbohydrates so I
thought I'd pass this along.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...
|I recently purchased a tube of pre-cooked organic polenta. The
| nutrition label said that 2 1/2" slices equal 15g of carbs. I made some
| Creole-style shrimp and put it over the two pieces each of the polenta.
| DH bolused for it and checked post-prandials and there was no spike.
|
| It was a good way to enjoy the sauce.
|
| Some of you can handle a meal with under 25g of carbohydrates so I
| thought I'd pass this along.
| --
| Janet Wilder
| Way-the-heck-south Texas
| Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Would never have thought of it. Thanks.

pavane

Old 02-03-2011, 01:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...
I recently purchased a tube of pre-cooked organic polenta. The nutrition
label said that 2 1/2" slices equal 15g of carbs. I made some Creole-style
shrimp and put it over the two pieces each of the polenta. DH bolused for
it and checked post-prandials and there was no spike.

It was a good way to enjoy the sauce.

Some of you can handle a meal with under 25g of carbohydrates so I thought
I'd pass this along.

I eat that for breakfast sometimes. Sliced thinly, topped with red sauce
and Italian seasonings and maybe a little cheese.

Polenta Giusi General Cooking 74 14-01-2012 10:34 AM
Req: Lidia's Recipe for Polenta Pasticcio / Polenta Pasticciata w/ Mushroom Ragu ryan General Cooking 4 08-04-2007 12:14 AM
Mw Polenta Pandora General Cooking 35 07-11-2005 05:55 PM
Crostini Di Polenta Alla Pizzaiola (Polenta And Tomato Sauc Duckie Recipes 0 07-07-2005 06:10 PM