FoodBanter.com

-   -   Polenta? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/405345-polenta.html)

Janet Wilder[_1_] 01-03-2011 07:38 PM

Polenta?

I recently purchased a tube of pre-cooked organic polenta. The
nutrition label said that 2 1/2" slices equal 15g of carbs. I made some
Creole-style shrimp and put it over the two pieces each of the polenta.
DH bolused for it and checked post-prandials and there was no spike.

It was a good way to enjoy the sauce.

Some of you can handle a meal with under 25g of carbohydrates so I
thought I'd pass this along.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

pavane[_3_] 01-03-2011 08:11 PM

Polenta?

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
|I recently purchased a tube of pre-cooked organic polenta. The
| nutrition label said that 2 1/2" slices equal 15g of carbs. I made some
| Creole-style shrimp and put it over the two pieces each of the polenta.
| DH bolused for it and checked post-prandials and there was no spike.
|
| It was a good way to enjoy the sauce.
|
| Some of you can handle a meal with under 25g of carbohydrates so I
| thought I'd pass this along.
| --
| Janet Wilder
| Way-the-heck-south Texas
| Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Would never have thought of it. Thanks.

pavane

Julie Bove[_2_] 02-03-2011 12:38 AM

Polenta?

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
>I recently purchased a tube of pre-cooked organic polenta. The nutrition
>label said that 2 1/2" slices equal 15g of carbs. I made some Creole-style
>shrimp and put it over the two pieces each of the polenta. DH bolused for
>it and checked post-prandials and there was no spike.
>
> It was a good way to enjoy the sauce.
>
> Some of you can handle a meal with under 25g of carbohydrates so I thought
> I'd pass this along.

I eat that for breakfast sometimes. Sliced thinly, topped with red sauce
and Italian seasonings and maybe a little cheese.

Storrmmee 02-03-2011 06:57 AM

Polenta?

nice to know, Lee