Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chun King Chicken Chow Mein

Please! If I ever decide that it would be a good idea to have this for
dinner, someone shoot the can out of my hand. Gah!

For some reason I thought about this the other night and found out that
Angela isn't allergic to it. It does have soy protein in it and I don't
normally allow this in the house but for some strange reason I thought it
would be a treat for her.

We had it sometimes as a child and I remember hating it. My mom served it
over those fried noodles. I particularly disliked those. We had it at
school over a scoop of sticky rice that maintained the scoop shape. On top
they put about 5 of the crispy noodles. That amount I could handle. But I
never liked the Chow Mein part.

Well, it didn't get any better. I was shocked to see the measly amount of
chicken in that can. And it was dark meat. I don't like dark meat. I
served it over rice.

Angela said, "Are these noodles?" They were bean sprouts. I should have
just told her they were noodles. I might have gotten her to eat a few that
way. She did not like the stuff. She did not like it at all!

I managed to get a few small bites down but I can't say that I liked it at
all. It had a weird flavor to it and I guess I never liked water chestnuts.

So... Angela had a warmed up can of chicken over some plain rice. And I am
having baby carrots and cheese.

I can't wait for this snow and ice to go away so I can get out and get some
fresh food. I did stock up on diet soda. We do have plenty of canned food
and some cold turkey. Also some really good tamales, but Angela found those
for lunch so that's why we didn't have them for dinner tonight.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i used to love it before the salt ontent got so high, never liked those
noodles unless you mixed them with coconut/chocolate and peanuts and spooned
onto paper to dry, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Please! If I ever decide that it would be a good idea to have this for
> dinner, someone shoot the can out of my hand. Gah!
>
> For some reason I thought about this the other night and found out that
> Angela isn't allergic to it. It does have soy protein in it and I don't
> normally allow this in the house but for some strange reason I thought it
> would be a treat for her.
>
> We had it sometimes as a child and I remember hating it. My mom served it
> over those fried noodles. I particularly disliked those. We had it at
> school over a scoop of sticky rice that maintained the scoop shape. On
> top they put about 5 of the crispy noodles. That amount I could handle.
> But I never liked the Chow Mein part.
>
> Well, it didn't get any better. I was shocked to see the measly amount of
> chicken in that can. And it was dark meat. I don't like dark meat. I
> served it over rice.
>
> Angela said, "Are these noodles?" They were bean sprouts. I should have
> just told her they were noodles. I might have gotten her to eat a few
> that way. She did not like the stuff. She did not like it at all!
>
> I managed to get a few small bites down but I can't say that I liked it at
> all. It had a weird flavor to it and I guess I never liked water
> chestnuts.
>
> So... Angela had a warmed up can of chicken over some plain rice. And I
> am having baby carrots and cheese.
>
> I can't wait for this snow and ice to go away so I can get out and get
> some fresh food. I did stock up on diet soda. We do have plenty of
> canned food and some cold turkey. Also some really good tamales, but
> Angela found those for lunch so that's why we didn't have them for dinner
> tonight.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i used to love it before the salt ontent got so high, never liked those
>noodles unless you mixed them with coconut/chocolate and peanuts and
>spooned onto paper to dry, Lee

Oh yeah. My friend used to make candy using those and almond bark. Was a
bit too sweet for my taste.

I just can not get the yucky taste out of my mouth right now. The carrots I
ate didn't help because there were carrots in the Chun King.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

after i sent this i realized the brand i used to eat was La Choy I am not
sure if i ever had your brand, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>>i used to love it before the salt ontent got so high, never liked those
>>noodles unless you mixed them with coconut/chocolate and peanuts and
>>spooned onto paper to dry, Lee

> Oh yeah. My friend used to make candy using those and almond bark. Was a
> bit too sweet for my taste.
>
> I just can not get the yucky taste out of my mouth right now. The carrots
> I ate didn't help because there were carrots in the Chun King.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> after i sent this i realized the brand i used to eat was La Choy I am not
> sure if i ever had your brand, Lee

You don't want it!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol, Lee