Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ping Susan (off topic)

Hi Susan,

(Pardon for this off topic post)

Some time ago we discussed our pet cats issue of puking up their food.
You mentioned a natural cat food that stopped it. I saved it but
have no idea where. Could you be so kind as to provide it again?
Much appreciated!!!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:00:59 -0600, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>my cats see a cats only vet, she is opposed to one size fits all feeding of
>cats, she beleives in considering, age,activity, general health, health of
>teeth, genetic issues there, other health issues, if the cat is
>indoor/outdoor, and issues like hurking or being prone to hairballs, and not
>least of all, if the cat will tolerate the food being suggested, two of my
>cats would starve if wet were the only thing offerred, i have one who hurkes
>two of three times i give her canned as a treat, two who would prefer wet
>only and one who prefers dry but if he gets hungry enough he will eat wet...
>and i forgot, YOUR lifestyle according to my vet must also be considred, for
>example, we have to travel overnight, leaving out wet only is not an option,
>and having a stranger in to feed wasn't an option when we had tiger, now we
>have to schedule thing more because of OEJ's pills but if we are gone more
>than one night she usually goes with us, Lee

All of those things definitely should be considered. One thing I do
give my cats which they LOVE and absolutely never throw up, is raw
chicken livers. I buy a container and give each cat one liver per
day. They never ever throw that up.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

interesting, Lee
"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:00:59 -0600, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>my cats see a cats only vet, she is opposed to one size fits all feeding
>>of
>>cats, she beleives in considering, age,activity, general health, health of
>>teeth, genetic issues there, other health issues, if the cat is
>>indoor/outdoor, and issues like hurking or being prone to hairballs, and
>>not
>>least of all, if the cat will tolerate the food being suggested, two of my
>>cats would starve if wet were the only thing offerred, i have one who
>>hurkes
>>two of three times i give her canned as a treat, two who would prefer wet
>>only and one who prefers dry but if he gets hungry enough he will eat
>>wet...
>>and i forgot, YOUR lifestyle according to my vet must also be considred,
>>for
>>example, we have to travel overnight, leaving out wet only is not an
>>option,
>>and having a stranger in to feed wasn't an option when we had tiger, now
>>we
>>have to schedule thing more because of OEJ's pills but if we are gone more
>>than one night she usually goes with us, Lee

> All of those things definitely should be considered. One thing I do
> give my cats which they LOVE and absolutely never throw up, is raw
> chicken livers. I buy a container and give each cat one liver per
> day. They never ever throw that up.
>
> Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> Hi Susan,
>
> (Pardon for this off topic post)
>
> Some time ago we discussed our pet cats issue of puking up their food.
> You mentioned a natural cat food that stopped it. I saved it but
> have no idea where. Could you be so kind as to provide it again?
> Much appreciated!!!

Has your cat's thyroid been checked? Puking is a symptom of that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:28:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Hi Susan,
>>
>> (Pardon for this off topic post)
>>
>> Some time ago we discussed our pet cats issue of puking up their food.
>> You mentioned a natural cat food that stopped it. I saved it but
>> have no idea where. Could you be so kind as to provide it again?
>> Much appreciated!!!

>Has your cat's thyroid been checked? Puking is a symptom of that.

I definitely have to get that little girl cat to the vet. If she
needs something she is gonna get it. (did I mention that this cat is
my favorite?) :-)

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:28:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Hi Susan,
>>>
>>> (Pardon for this off topic post)
>>>
>>> Some time ago we discussed our pet cats issue of puking up their food.
>>> You mentioned a natural cat food that stopped it. I saved it but
>>> have no idea where. Could you be so kind as to provide it again?
>>> Much appreciated!!!

>>Has your cat's thyroid been checked? Puking is a symptom of that.

> I definitely have to get that little girl cat to the vet. If she
> needs something she is gonna get it. (did I mention that this cat is
> my favorite?) :-)

All cats are my favorites. If Maui didn't think she should be the only cat
on the face of the earth I would probably be one of those crazy cat ladies.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

we didn't intend to be those people, but they just kept moving in, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:28:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>Has your cat's thyroid been checked? Puking is a symptom of that.

>> I definitely have to get that little girl cat to the vet. If she
>> needs something she is gonna get it. (did I mention that this cat is
>> my favorite?) :-)

> All cats are my favorites. If Maui didn't think she should be the only
> cat on the face of the earth I would probably be one of those crazy cat
> ladies.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:59:44 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:28:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>Has your cat's thyroid been checked? Puking is a symptom of that.

>> I definitely have to get that little girl cat to the vet. If she
>> needs something she is gonna get it. (did I mention that this cat is
>> my favorite?) :-)

>All cats are my favorites. If Maui didn't think she should be the only cat
>on the face of the earth I would probably be one of those crazy cat ladies.

Yes, I can understand that. I had three until recently and each one
had their own particular personality.

One disappeared last summer and we are sure the coyotes got him. He
was very sly and quick and wise to the ways of the outdoors, and at
ten years old we thought he could handle anything. But something got
him. He was half feral but would always come home eventually. When
he was home he was a perfectly normal loving cat to me, but not to
anyone else. He avoided all people but me.

The other one is a very strong catl, a black female, oversized, really
an amazon cat. My son and his (then) girlfriend rescued a pregnant
stray and she was one of the kittens. I took her and raised her and
she is now about 9 yrs old. She is affectionate, but has some
unpleasant habits.... like for instance chewing the wood of my kitchen
chair rails. I never saw a cat that liked to gnaw on wood. She is
willful and sort of bratty in some ways. We love her anyway.

The one I am referring to most of the time was a stray that someone
dumped near the buddhist monastery on top of the mountain here in
Woodstock. They didn't know what to do with her, and some people
were feeding her at the kitchen door (vegetarian food) but they
wouldn't let her in. She was trying so hard to get in the door and
literally throwing herself on anyone trying to make them pet her. Her
desperation was very poignant, so I inquired and found out she was a
stray which had been dumped and had been there for weeks.

So I took her home and she is without a doubt the most affectionate,
most intelligent, most unbelievable cat I have ever owned in my life.
EVERYONE wants to take her home, even people who otherwise hate cats.
My daughter wants to clone her. My son wants her, my friends want
her. People tell me they have never even seen a cat that loving.

This kitty sleeps in my arms every night. You can talk to her like a
human being. She always comes when you call her, and her alertness
and attentiveness to humans is amazing. She prefers the company of
people to anything else, even the other cats. She takes no crap from
the dogs, and will cuff a nose that gets too inquisitive, but
tolerates them otherwise.

She is either on my husbands lap or at my feet or sleeping next to me
in my arms at night. I could go on for ages telling you how
exceptional and amazing she is. I have owned a lot of cats in my
life and without a doubt she is one of the most special. Only a few
like that!

So I need to help her out with this puking business and make sure it
isn't anything more serious. She seems like a healthy happy cat in
every other way.

She doesn't even want to try to go outside, by the way. Apparently
she had been a very loved, indoor cat all her life before she was
dumped. I can't believe anyone would dump such a cat!

Evelyn

Ping Susan Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 2 03-03-2013 12:43 PM
Ping Susan W. Baker Diabetic 13 01-12-2012 01:54 AM
Ping Susan Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 0 01-06-2012 10:53 PM
PING SUSAN Storrmmee Diabetic 0 17-10-2010 08:39 PM
PING: Susan Melba's Jammin' Preserving 1 12-09-2008 05:24 PM