Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Hunnnngry!

What causes hunger? I know the need for food. But I have eaten plenty
enough food today. It just seems like nothing is enough. I don't normally
get hungry at all. I do know that the amount of food I normally take in is
the right amount of food. I have been eating after dinner and I know I
shouldn't have. But I feel like I am starving.

Oddly, Angela has been feeling the same way. I sent dinner with her to the
dance studio. She did eat but she said she shared her food with some other
kids. I had to get her early because of the snow. It is bad here. Lots of
ice and record low temps. Could that be it? The cold?

Anyway... She has an excuse. She's a kid and she is growing. She has
grown an inch in about two months. I reheated the leftover soup that I made
on Monday and she had half a bowl of that on top of the dinner she already
ate.

So does anyone know what causes the feeling of hunger when you've already
had enough food?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:06:30 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>What causes hunger? I know the need for food. But I have eaten plenty
>enough food today. It just seems like nothing is enough. I don't normally
>get hungry at all. I do know that the amount of food I normally take in is
>the right amount of food. I have been eating after dinner and I know I
>shouldn't have. But I feel like I am starving.
>
>Oddly, Angela has been feeling the same way. I sent dinner with her to the
>dance studio. She did eat but she said she shared her food with some other
>kids. I had to get her early because of the snow. It is bad here. Lots of
>ice and record low temps. Could that be it? The cold?
>
>Anyway... She has an excuse. She's a kid and she is growing. She has
>grown an inch in about two months. I reheated the leftover soup that I made
>on Monday and she had half a bowl of that on top of the dinner she already
>ate.
>
>So does anyone know what causes the feeling of hunger when you've already
>had enough food?

It is a complex system of gut hormones at work. Ghrelin and leptin
and etc. etc. I have found that the more carbohydrates I eat the
hungrier I feel. Limiting carbs seems to also limit my hunger.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

just random thoughts.
-my cats eat a LOT more when the weather gets colder or is bad, like
tornado/storm warnings.
-sometimes we confuse hydration need with food need, and since it is colder
and your heat is probably on more, making the air dry you probably could do
with more liquid, even if you are drinking the same as you always have.
-and this last one susan will probably be better able to explain, but much
in the way that many people never eat breakfast and go almost all day
without eating or being hungry, once you start eating, especially if its out
of your routine, your body gears up with digestive juices to do the business
of digesting... don't think i explained it right, but hope it makes sense,

Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> What causes hunger? I know the need for food. But I have eaten plenty
> enough food today. It just seems like nothing is enough. I don't
> normally get hungry at all. I do know that the amount of food I normally
> take in is the right amount of food. I have been eating after dinner and
> I know I shouldn't have. But I feel like I am starving.
>
> Oddly, Angela has been feeling the same way. I sent dinner with her to
> the dance studio. She did eat but she said she shared her food with some
> other kids. I had to get her early because of the snow. It is bad here.
> Lots of ice and record low temps. Could that be it? The cold?
>
> Anyway... She has an excuse. She's a kid and she is growing. She has
> grown an inch in about two months. I reheated the leftover soup that I
> made on Monday and she had half a bowl of that on top of the dinner she
> already ate.
>
> So does anyone know what causes the feeling of hunger when you've already
> had enough food?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:06:30 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>What causes hunger? I know the need for food. But I have eaten plenty
>>enough food today. It just seems like nothing is enough. I don't
>>normally
>>get hungry at all. I do know that the amount of food I normally take in
>>is
>>the right amount of food. I have been eating after dinner and I know I
>>shouldn't have. But I feel like I am starving.
>>
>>Oddly, Angela has been feeling the same way. I sent dinner with her to
>>the
>>dance studio. She did eat but she said she shared her food with some
>>other
>>kids. I had to get her early because of the snow. It is bad here. Lots
>>of
>>ice and record low temps. Could that be it? The cold?
>>
>>Anyway... She has an excuse. She's a kid and she is growing. She has
>>grown an inch in about two months. I reheated the leftover soup that I
>>made
>>on Monday and she had half a bowl of that on top of the dinner she already
>>ate.
>>
>>So does anyone know what causes the feeling of hunger when you've already
>>had enough food?

> It is a complex system of gut hormones at work. Ghrelin and leptin
> and etc. etc. I have found that the more carbohydrates I eat the
> hungrier I feel. Limiting carbs seems to also limit my hunger.

I didn't eat any excess carbs. And I don't notice that for me, carbs make
me hungry. But a lack of carbs certainly does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> just random thoughts.
> -my cats eat a LOT more when the weather gets colder or is bad, like
> tornado/storm warnings.
> -sometimes we confuse hydration need with food need, and since it is
> colder and your heat is probably on more, making the air dry you probably
> could do with more liquid, even if you are drinking the same as you always
> have.
> -and this last one susan will probably be better able to explain, but much
> in the way that many people never eat breakfast and go almost all day
> without eating or being hungry, once you start eating, especially if its
> out of your routine, your body gears up with digestive juices to do the
> business of digesting... don't think i explained it right, but hope it
> makes sense,

My daughter and her dad are those non-breakast eaters. I've never been one.