Old 24-02-2011, 07:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Hunnnngry!

What causes hunger? I know the need for food. But I have eaten plenty
enough food today. It just seems like nothing is enough. I don't normally
get hungry at all. I do know that the amount of food I normally take in is
the right amount of food. I have been eating after dinner and I know I
shouldn't have. But I feel like I am starving.

Oddly, Angela has been feeling the same way. I sent dinner with her to the
dance studio. She did eat but she said she shared her food with some other
kids. I had to get her early because of the snow. It is bad here. Lots of
ice and record low temps. Could that be it? The cold?

Anyway... She has an excuse. She's a kid and she is growing. She has
grown an inch in about two months. I reheated the leftover soup that I made
on Monday and she had half a bowl of that on top of the dinner she already
ate.

So does anyone know what causes the feeling of hunger when you've already
had enough food?

Old 24-02-2011, 10:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:06:30 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

[...]

It is a complex system of gut hormones at work. Ghrelin and leptin
and etc. etc. I have found that the more carbohydrates I eat the
hungrier I feel. Limiting carbs seems to also limit my hunger.

Evelyn
Old 24-02-2011, 03:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

just random thoughts.
-my cats eat a LOT more when the weather gets colder or is bad, like
tornado/storm warnings.
-sometimes we confuse hydration need with food need, and since it is colder
and your heat is probably on more, making the air dry you probably could do
with more liquid, even if you are drinking the same as you always have.
-and this last one susan will probably be better able to explain, but much
in the way that many people never eat breakfast and go almost all day
without eating or being hungry, once you start eating, especially if its out
of your routine, your body gears up with digestive juices to do the business
of digesting... don't think i explained it right, but hope it makes sense,

Old 24-02-2011, 10:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

I didn't eat any excess carbs. And I don't notice that for me, carbs make
me hungry. But a lack of carbs certainly does.

Old 24-02-2011, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
just random thoughts.
-my cats eat a LOT more when the weather gets colder or is bad, like
tornado/storm warnings.
-sometimes we confuse hydration need with food need, and since it is
colder and your heat is probably on more, making the air dry you probably
could do with more liquid, even if you are drinking the same as you always
have.
-and this last one susan will probably be better able to explain, but much
in the way that many people never eat breakfast and go almost all day
without eating or being hungry, once you start eating, especially if its
out of your routine, your body gears up with digestive juices to do the
business of digesting... don't think i explained it right, but hope it
makes sense,

My daughter and her dad are those non-breakast eaters. I've never been one.