Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Spinach

It has been a long time since i have bout, cooked adn eaten adult fresh
spinach as I mostly see baby spinach, which is ok in salads, if a bit
milder than the adult leaved.

I got some the other day and last night my son and I split a pre-washed
bag with our chicken for dinner. I simply washed some more, microwaved it
for 4 mins and served it. When I opened the glass container I cooked it
in, the spinach was still clearly leaves, soft, but not formless,I wold
call it half cooked as I usually see and do spinach. We each ate half to
bag which was, either 8 or 12 oz, as I forgot to look. It ws nice
generous portions and was absolutely delicious with nothing added, not
even salt, pepper, garlic, nutmeg or any of the kinds of things I have put
into cooked spinach before. I think I wil cook it this way quite a lot in
the fture and get it often.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:58:59 +0000, W. Baker wrote:

> It has been a long time since i have bout, cooked adn eaten adult fresh
> spinach as I mostly see baby spinach, which is ok in salads, if a bit
> milder than the adult leaved.

I use raw fresh spinach in salads - but really looking forward to spring
and fresh nettles from the garden! Of course, unlike spinach they
*really* have to be cooked, but they taste a lot better.

Chopped and lightly boiled in a little bit of broth, with a hard-boiled
egg. Yum!

REC: Spinach Mike Muth General Cooking 15 01-04-2012 03:23 AM
what to mix with spinach jw 1111 General Cooking 28 24-10-2005 04:22 PM
Spinach Pie Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 30-09-2005 12:36 PM
Tat soi and spinach James Silverton Asian Cooking 12 21-09-2005 09:01 AM