Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default blueberries and making a dessert

I have started eating desserts with blueberries. I have done this because of
the information I got that a steady diet of blueberries might lower my
insulin resistance.

I take 5 ounces of the plain Greek Yoghurt. This is the stuff that is very
low in carbs. I have found no other yoghurt this low. It comes in quarts in
a green tub.

I then put in a tablespoon of peanut flour and 10 drops of sweetzfree. This
is stirred very well. Lastly, blueberries are put in so that they are not
broken by stirring. BTW I have found that peanut flour is an excellent
flavouring with very low carbs, also quite cheap.

If I have a Michelob Ultra before eating this dessert, I will get a drop in
BG at 45 minutes. I confess to using alcohol to control my BG. Many of you
already know this. I keep this alcohol input to two beers per day. Without
using alcohol I will get about a 10 point bump from this dessert.

Also, I started R-ALA many months ago and I got sick and quit. I was not
sure if it was the R-ALA. I have restarted this medication again about a
week ago. I am doing fine so far. I wonder how long it takes to have an
effect.

Michael
(empire of snow) Michigan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Boomer" > wrote in message
>I have started eating desserts with blueberries. I have done this because
>of the information I got that a steady diet of blueberries might lower my
>insulin resistance.
>
> I take 5 ounces of the plain Greek Yoghurt. This is the stuff that is very
> low in carbs. I have found no other yoghurt this low. It comes in quarts
> in a green tub.
>
> I then put in a tablespoon of peanut flour and 10 drops of sweetzfree.
> This is stirred very well. Lastly, blueberries are put in so that they are
> not broken by stirring. BTW I have found that peanut flour is an excellent
> flavouring with very low carbs, also quite cheap.
>
> If I have a Michelob Ultra before eating this dessert, I will get a drop
> in BG at 45 minutes. I confess to using alcohol to control my BG. Many of
> you already know this. I keep this alcohol input to two beers per day.
> Without using alcohol I will get about a 10 point bump from this dessert.
>
> Also, I started R-ALA many months ago and I got sick and quit. I was not
> sure if it was the R-ALA. I have restarted this medication again about a
> week ago. I am doing fine so far. I wonder how long it takes to have an
> effect.
>
> Michael
> (empire of snow) Michigan

I take R-ALA but see no difference in anything.

As for the blueberries, you can have mine. I can't stand them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Boomer" > wrote in message
>I have started eating desserts with blueberries. I have done this because
>of the information I got that a steady diet of blueberries might lower my
>insulin resistance.
>
> I take 5 ounces of the plain Greek Yoghurt. This is the stuff that is very
> low in carbs. I have found no other yoghurt this low. It comes in quarts
> in a green tub.
>
> I then put in a tablespoon of peanut flour and 10 drops of sweetzfree.
> This is stirred very well. Lastly, blueberries are put in so that they are
> not broken by stirring. BTW I have found that peanut flour is an excellent
> flavouring with very low carbs, also quite cheap.
>
> If I have a Michelob Ultra before eating this dessert, I will get a drop
> in BG at 45 minutes. I confess to using alcohol to control my BG. Many of
> you already know this. I keep this alcohol input to two beers per day.
> Without using alcohol I will get about a 10 point bump from this dessert.
>
> Also, I started R-ALA many months ago and I got sick and quit. I was not
> sure if it was the R-ALA. I have restarted this medication again about a
> week ago. I am doing fine so far. I wonder how long it takes to have an
> effect.
>
> Michael
> (empire of snow) Michigan

I take R-ALA but see no difference in anything.

As for the blueberries, you can have mine. I can't stand them.

Julie,

I hope I get something from it. I will try. I think I remember Susan
suggesting it might be beneficial. But, like so many other treatments, what
works for one does not work for all.

Michael

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Boomer > wrote:
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...

: "Boomer" > wrote in message
: ...
: >I have started eating desserts with blueberries. I have done this because
: >of the information I got that a steady diet of blueberries might lower my
: >insulin resistance.
: >
[...]

And nowfor something entirely different.

Blueberries! I have noticed tht this year teh blueberries and even somd
strawberries seem to last for a long time. I have had boxes forover a
week without seeign any rotting. does anyone have any idea wat is going
on here? It could sve me money by enabling me t buy a larger box at a
lower per serving cost. As only one to feed now, I have hesitted to do
this, but finally succumbed adn bought a big box and it is lasting!

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> Blueberries! I have noticed tht this year teh blueberries and even somd
> strawberries seem to last for a long time. I have had boxes forover a
> week without seeign any rotting. does anyone have any idea wat is going
> on here? It could sve me money by enabling me t buy a larger box at a
> lower per serving cost. As only one to feed now, I have hesitted to do
> this, but finally succumbed adn bought a big box and it is lasting!

Given that this time of year, the berries are probably from South
America, I'd worry about what chemicals they've been treated with to
last this long.

When I get local berries from farmstand or farmers market, they would
last this long (if I let them!).

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default R-ALA and Biotin ... how much do you take?

On 2/14/2011 10:20 AM, Boomer wrote:

> Also, I started R-ALA many months ago and I got sick and quit. I was not
> sure if it was the R-ALA. I have restarted this medication again about a
> week ago. I am doing fine so far. I wonder how long it takes to have an
> effect.
>
> Michael
> (empire of snow) Michigan

do you also take a low dose of biotin for the R-ALA?

Susan probably knows how much biotin you should take, i take 5mg with
the ALA

also, some folks report the extended release R-ALA is better for them

good luck!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:28:13 -0500, Alice Faber >
wrote:

>> Blueberries! I have noticed tht this year teh blueberries and even somd
>> strawberries seem to last for a long time. I have had boxes forover a
>> week without seeign any rotting. does anyone have any idea wat is going
>> on here? It could sve me money by enabling me t buy a larger box at a
>> lower per serving cost. As only one to feed now, I have hesitted to do
>> this, but finally succumbed adn bought a big box and it is lasting!
>>

>Given that this time of year, the berries are probably from South
>America, I'd worry about what chemicals they've been treated with to
>last this long.
>
>When I get local berries from farmstand or farmers market, they would
>last this long (if I let them!).

I would suspect they irradiate a lot of the produce, which kills the
bacteria that causes rot.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
: On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:28:13 -0500, Alice Faber >
: wrote:

: >>
[...]

All I can say is thqt th package I am curently using, purchased from the
same source, is not lasting as well. Who knows, it may be the luck of the
draw.

Wendy

Making rice balls as dessert [email protected] General Cooking 1 05-09-2011 07:39 PM
Blueberries uk UK Ophelia[_4_] General Cooking 6 05-12-2007 08:30 PM
Blueberries EB Winemaking 2 05-08-2005 07:20 PM
Making Blueberry Pie with Dried Blueberries Ellie C General Cooking 3 11-10-2004 09:57 AM
Making Blueberry Pie with Dried Blueberries [email protected] General Cooking 6 11-10-2004 09:48 AM