Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Celery

Do you have a favorite way to eat celery? I go on a kick for it every once
in a while and I am on one now. Mainly I eat it plain or slice it into
green salads. Yes, I know I can stuff it with peanut butter or cheese.
That's okay, I guess. Not really my favorite.

Some years ago I searched for recipes. I now add it to my pot roast when I
make it, which isn't often. Of course I add it to soup. And I add it to my
hamburger gravy and sometimes casseroles.

I did get a recipe for Stilton soup that used it. I never tried it because
someone told me that Stilton was disgusting. And then after that I found
some Stilton soup online. It was indeed disgusting! So I won't be making
that.

How do you eat your celery?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

it is so salty to me i have to eat something with it to cut that salty
taste, usually cream cheese, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Do you have a favorite way to eat celery? I go on a kick for it every
> once in a while and I am on one now. Mainly I eat it plain or slice it
> into green salads. Yes, I know I can stuff it with peanut butter or
> cheese. That's okay, I guess. Not really my favorite.
>
> Some years ago I searched for recipes. I now add it to my pot roast when
> I make it, which isn't often. Of course I add it to soup. And I add it
> to my hamburger gravy and sometimes casseroles.
>
> I did get a recipe for Stilton soup that used it. I never tried it
> because someone told me that Stilton was disgusting. And then after that
> I found some Stilton soup online. It was indeed disgusting! So I won't
> be making that.
>
> How do you eat your celery?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> it is so salty to me i have to eat something with it to cut that salty
> taste, usually cream cheese, Lee

I know it is loaded with sodium but it doesn't taste salty to me. Hmmm...
Maybe my body is low in sodium. Angela and I have been sick and now my mom
seems to have it. We stayed away from her over the weekend because we
didn't want to spread our germs. But the bug is rampant around here.
Angela said a lot of kids were missing from school and I know a lot have
missed dance.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

honestly its one of the few foods i can taste to see if i am really hungry.
if i want to eat but not sure what, or it seems like i shouldn't be hungry,
if i eat a chunck of celery, ... if it tastes like a salt lick i am not
hungry, if it tastes good i am hungry, lol, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> it is so salty to me i have to eat something with it to cut that salty
>> taste, usually cream cheese, Lee

> I know it is loaded with sodium but it doesn't taste salty to me. Hmmm...
> Maybe my body is low in sodium. Angela and I have been sick and now my
> mom seems to have it. We stayed away from her over the weekend because we
> didn't want to spread our germs. But the bug is rampant around here.
> Angela said a lot of kids were missing from school and I know a lot have
> missed dance.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> honestly its one of the few foods i can taste to see if i am really
> hungry. if i want to eat but not sure what, or it seems like i shouldn't
> be hungry, if i eat a chunck of celery, ... if it tastes like a salt lick
> i am not hungry, if it tastes good i am hungry, lol, Lee

Interesting! I sometimes find that it smells like maple and tastes bitter.
When it is like this it makes my tongue go numb. I have since googled and
found that although it doesn't mention the maple and tongue numbing, if it
tastes bitter it wasn't grown properly.

I think I ate too much of it for dinner last night though because I had
stomach pains. I didn't sleep well. Kept waking up and thought I would
throw up. I never did though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

<snip>

> I did get a recipe for Stilton soup that used it. I never tried it
> because someone told me that Stilton was disgusting. And then after
> that I found some Stilton soup online. It was indeed disgusting! So
> I won't be making that.

I love Stilton. In fact, I love virtually all blue cheeses.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> > and a sliver of apple and a thin slice of onion

> I think apple and blue cheese tastes weird/altered.
>
> Lately, I've been on an arugula/blue cheese salad kick, with pecan
> halves and vinaigrette.
>
> Susan

Yum, my taste buds just went all a-tingle. That's my favorite salad,
except I like it best with butter lettuce.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I did get a recipe for Stilton soup that used it. I never tried it
>> because someone told me that Stilton was disgusting. And then after
>> that I found some Stilton soup online. It was indeed disgusting! So
>> I won't be making that.

> I love Stilton. In fact, I love virtually all blue cheeses.

I did not like the Stilton soup at all and neither did Angela or my husband.
It had the most vile aroma and texture to it. I didn't know it was a blue
cheese. I do not like blue cheese.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Do you have a favorite way to eat celery? I go on a kick for it every
> once in a while and I am on one now. Mainly I eat it plain or slice it
> into green salads. Yes, I know I can stuff it with peanut butter or
> cheese. That's okay, I guess. Not really my favorite.

I like it just plain. I peel it, slice into sticks and put it in water in
the fridge. I don't like it unpeeled at all. To me it's bitter that way.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Do you have a favorite way to eat celery? I go on a kick for it every
>> once in a while and I am on one now. Mainly I eat it plain or slice it
>> into green salads. Yes, I know I can stuff it with peanut butter or
>> cheese. That's okay, I guess. Not really my favorite.

> I like it just plain. I peel it, slice into sticks and put it in water in
> the fridge. I don't like it unpeeled at all. To me it's bitter that way.

I don't peel mine but perhaps I should. At least if I'm going to eat as
much of them as I did last night. I think it's the fiber that gets me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/02/2011 1:33 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie > wrote in message
>>> Do you have a favorite way to eat celery? I go on a kick for it every
>>> once in a while and I am on one now. Mainly I eat it plain or slice it
>>> into green salads. Yes, I know I can stuff it with peanut butter or
>>> cheese. That's okay, I guess. Not really my favorite.

>> I like it just plain. I peel it, slice into sticks and put it in water in
>> the fridge. I don't like it unpeeled at all. To me it's bitter that way.

> I don't peel mine but perhaps I should. At least if I'm going to eat as
> much of them as I did last night. I think it's the fiber that gets me.

It's the only thing that you can die eating :-)
It takes more calories to eat than you get from it.
So I guess it's a diet food and exercise in one.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

RodS > wrote:
: On 9/02/2011 1:33 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > > wrote in message
: > ...
: >>
: >> "Julie > wrote in message
: >> ...
: >>> Do you have a favorite way to eat celery? I go on a kick for it every
: >>> once in a while and I am on one now. Mainly I eat it plain or slice it
: >>> into green salads. Yes, I know I can stuff it with peanut butter or
: >>> cheese. That's okay, I guess. Not really my favorite.
: >>
: >> I like it just plain. I peel it, slice into sticks and put it in water in
: >> the fridge. I don't like it unpeeled at all. To me it's bitter that way.
: >
: > I don't peel mine but perhaps I should. At least if I'm going to eat as
: > much of them as I did last night. I think it's the fiber that gets me.
: >
: It's the only thing that you can die eating :-)
: It takes more calories to eat than you get from it.
: So I guess it's a diet food and exercise in one.

: (- -)
: =m=(_)=m=
: RodS T2
: Australia

That's what my father used to say about celery. Thanks for the memory.
Radishes come i a close second:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:

> Not for diabetics, but roqufort on fresh French bread washed down
> with a god ry red wine. Absolutely heaven!
>
> Wendy

My son's favorite lunch: what he used to eat in Paris. Well, probably minus
the wine at lunchtime! <G>

Member

honestly its one of the few foods i can taste to see if i am really hungry.
if i want to eat but not sure what, or it seems like i shouldn't be hungry,
if i eat a chunck of celery, ... if it tastes like a salt lick i am not
hungry, if it tastes good i am hungry, lol, Lee

When to celery, when to not notbob General Cooking 40 07-05-2015 03:25 PM
Using up a whole celery... Jeßus[_3_] General Cooking 6 19-06-2014 01:09 AM
Celery RodS Diabetic 0 18-12-2010 01:23 PM
Shaved celery? Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 1 12-10-2010 12:02 AM
Celery help Victor Sack General Cooking 30 19-11-2005 09:03 PM