Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Gluten-Free Pizza Crust

i was drooling over the picture

enjoy! (click on the pizza)
http://www.food.com/healthy/home/pac...ain-link-url-1

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>i was drooling over the picture
>
> enjoy! (click on the pizza)
> http://www.food.com/healthy/home/pac...ain-link-url-1

And one person said she made it with no eggs and it worked!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Tiger Lily > wrote:

> i was drooling over the picture
>
> enjoy! (click on the pizza)
> http://www.food.com/healthy/home/pac...est__main-link
> -url-1

If you go into the special diets section and then into "Diabetic
Friendly" you get this:

Diabetic-Friendly Fare
€ Oven-Baked French Toast with Peaches
€ Banana Health Loaf
€ Jacket Potatoes with Herbed Cottage Cheese
€ Sweet Chilli Prawn/Shrimp and Basil Noodles
€ No Sugar Apple Pie

*sigh*

I don't theeeeenk so.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >,
: Tiger Lily > wrote:

: > i was drooling over the picture
: >
: > enjoy! (click on the pizza)
: > http://www.food.com/healthy/home/pac...est__main-link
: > -url-1

: If you go into the special diets section and then into "Diabetic
: Friendly" you get this:

: Diabetic-Friendly Fare
: ? Oven-Baked French Toast with Peaches
: ? Banana Health Loaf
: ? Jacket Potatoes with Herbed Cottage Cheese
: ? Sweet Chilli Prawn/Shrimp and Basil Noodles
: ? No Sugar Apple Pie

: *sigh*

: I don't theeeeenk so.

: PP

I eat both french toast and, lately, pancakes, but both are from special
formulations. I use the New Hope Mils low carb pancake mix adn love it.
I like tomakethem with extra wter sothe batter is thin adn makes
tons(14-17) small thin pancakes, like my mother used to make, not the big
thick ones you get in restaurants. French toast I make from low carb
bread. I use small amounts of the no-sugar "syrup" , really sweet liquid,
but, as my dentist used to say-think of false teeth, not a substitutes for
real ones, but as substitutes for no teeth:-) Works for me!

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> : In article >,
> : Tiger Lily > wrote:
>
> : > i was drooling over the picture
> : >
> : > enjoy! (click on the pizza)
> : >
> http://www.food.com/healthy/home/pac...est__main-link
> : > -url-1
>
> : If you go into the special diets section and then into "Diabetic
> : Friendly" you get this:
>
> : Diabetic-Friendly Fare
> : ? Oven-Baked French Toast with Peaches
> : ? Banana Health Loaf
> : ? Jacket Potatoes with Herbed Cottage Cheese
> : ? Sweet Chilli Prawn/Shrimp and Basil Noodles
> : ? No Sugar Apple Pie
>
> : *sigh*
>
> : I don't theeeeenk so.
>
> : PP
>
> I eat both french toast and, lately, pancakes, but both are from special
> formulations. I use the New Hope Mils low carb pancake mix adn love it.
> I like tomakethem with extra wter sothe batter is thin adn makes
> tons(14-17) small thin pancakes, like my mother used to make, not the big
> thick ones you get in restaurants. French toast I make from low carb
> bread. I use small amounts of the no-sugar "syrup" , really sweet liquid,
> but, as my dentist used to say-think of false teeth, not a substitutes for
> real ones, but as substitutes for no teeth:-) Works for me!

I very rarely make pancakes but sometimes I make some for Angela. I found a
gluten free mix that can use rice milk and applesauce instead of milk and
eggs. I will make a very tiny one for me. Less than a teaspoon. I will
eat it with a drop of real maple syrup.

I must say that the gluten free pancakes do not taste anything like a
regular pancake. I used to love regular pancakes. I do not love these but
they are okay for a taste now and again.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ya, that's why i didn't mention the 'diabetic' section

i've thrown out over a dozen "diabetic cookbooks" that family & friends
bought me, in good faith........... i threw them OUT so no one else
would suffer from them (although, i did keep the "Best of Bridge" for
diabetics........... somr lovely treats for special occassions in that
book, certainly NOT for every day.....

kate

On 1/12/2011 11:25 AM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In >,
> Tiger > wrote:
>
>> i was drooling over the picture
>>
>> enjoy! (click on the pizza)
>> http://www.food.com/healthy/home/pac...est__main-link
>> -url-1

> If you go into the special diets section and then into "Diabetic
> Friendly" you get this:
>
> Diabetic-Friendly Fare
> € Oven-Baked French Toast with Peaches
> € Banana Health Loaf
> € Jacket Potatoes with Herbed Cottage Cheese
> € Sweet Chilli Prawn/Shrimp and Basil Noodles
> € No Sugar Apple Pie
>
> *sigh*
>
> I don't theeeeenk so.
>
> PP

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> ya, that's why i didn't mention the 'diabetic' section
>
> i've thrown out over a dozen "diabetic cookbooks" that family & friends
> bought me, in good faith........... i threw them OUT so no one else would
> suffer from them (although, i did keep the "Best of Bridge" for
> diabetics........... somr lovely treats for special occassions in that
> book, certainly NOT for every day.....
>
> kate

Yes, me too. People mean well...but

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> ya, that's why i didn't mention the 'diabetic' section
>
> i've thrown out over a dozen "diabetic cookbooks" that family & friends
> bought me, in good faith........... i threw them OUT so no one else would
> suffer from them (although, i did keep the "Best of Bridge" for
> diabetics........... somr lovely treats for special occassions in that
> book, certainly NOT for every day.....

The last diabetic cookbook I bought is actually really good one if you are
doing low carb. I have forgotten the name though.