Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Default Latest Terror Threat in US Aimed to Poison Food

Ellen K. wrote:

> Department of Homeland Security officials uncovered a plot by al
> Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula to poison food at hotels and
> restaurants in the United States. (CBS)

we don't need al Qaeda
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1221131554.htm
Long-Lasting Chemicals Threaten the Environment and Human Health
ScienceDaily (Dec. 22, 2010) - Every hour, an enormous quantity and variety
of human-made chemicals, having reached the end of their useful lifespan,
flood into wastewater treatment plants. These large-scale processing
facilities, however, are designed only to remove nutrients, turbidity and
oxygen-depleting human waste, and not the multitude of chemicals put to
residential, institutional, commercial and industrial use.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

So you don't see any difference between eating from a buffet and dying
within hours because it was purposely poisoned, vs experiencing various
health issues over years due to chemicals in tap water (which could be
avoided by drinking bottled water)?

"MeAndMySelf" > wrote in message
> Ellen K. wrote:
>
>> Department of Homeland Security officials uncovered a plot by al
>> Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula to poison food at hotels and
>> restaurants in the United States. (CBS)

> we don't need al Qaeda
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1221131554.htm
> Long-Lasting Chemicals Threaten the Environment and Human Health
> ScienceDaily (Dec. 22, 2010) - Every hour, an enormous quantity and
> variety of human-made chemicals, having reached the end of their useful
> lifespan, flood into wastewater treatment plants. These large-scale
> processing facilities, however, are designed only to remove nutrients,
> turbidity and oxygen-depleting human waste, and not the multitude of
> chemicals put to residential, institutional, commercial and industrial
> use.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 12/23/2010 3:15 AM, Ellen K. wrote:

> "MeAndMySelf" > wrote in message

> So you don't see any difference between eating from a buffet and dying
> within hours because it was purposely poisoned, vs experiencing various
> health issues over years due to chemicals in tap water (which could be
> avoided by drinking bottled water)?

Could you please tell me who tests the bottled water for purity and safety?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

> Could you please tell me who tests the bottled water for purity and safety?

Likely whatever the free market can get away with. Plus how
much plastic gets into the water?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Ellen K. wrote:
> So you don't see any difference between eating from a buffet and dying
> within hours because it was purposely poisoned, vs experiencing
> various health issues over years due to chemicals in tap water (which
> could be avoided by drinking bottled water)?

wrong
the bottled water contains Bi-Phenol-A which, amongst other things, causes
T2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"outsider" > wrote in message
> On 12/23/2010 3:15 AM, Ellen K. wrote:
>
>> "MeAndMySelf" > wrote in message

> > So you don't see any difference between eating from a buffet and dying
> > within hours because it was purposely poisoned, vs experiencing various
> > health issues over years due to chemicals in tap water (which could be
> > avoided by drinking bottled water)?

> Could you please tell me who tests the bottled water for purity and
> safety?

Depends on the company.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

> wrote in message
>
>> Could you please tell me who tests the bottled water for purity and
>> safety?

> Likely whatever the free market can get away with. Plus how
> much plastic gets into the water?

Not all bottled water comes in plastic bottles, and not all plastics are
toxic.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"MeAndMySelf" > wrote in message
> Ellen K. wrote:
>> So you don't see any difference between eating from a buffet and dying
>> within hours because it was purposely poisoned, vs experiencing
>> various health issues over years due to chemicals in tap water (which
>> could be avoided by drinking bottled water)?

> wrong
> the bottled water contains Bi-Phenol-A which, amongst other things, causes
> T2

Depends on the bottles.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 12/23/2010 3:19 PM, Ellen K. wrote:

> "outsider" > wrote in message
>> On 12/23/2010 3:15 AM, Ellen K. wrote:
>>
>>> "MeAndMySelf" > wrote in message

>> > So you don't see any difference between eating from a buffet and dying
>> > within hours because it was purposely poisoned, vs experiencing various
>> > health issues over years due to chemicals in tap water (which could be
>> > avoided by drinking bottled water)?

>> Could you please tell me who tests the bottled water for purity and
>> safety?

> Depends on the company.

See:

<http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/bw/appa.asp>

Standards are by a few states, but they're generally unregulated.