Old 27-11-2010, 10:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Arthritis and diabetes

and you must balance quaality of life with quantity, i love egg plant, but i
have really to eliminate it on all except the rarest of occasion, the ER
costs added to the other things just make it a bad food value,. dairy in
some form bothers my mom but not in others, again, just see on which days it
worse, and its i am sure different for each of us... there are some other
food that have the anti inflamatory action of broccoli but i can't remember
which ones, Lee
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Storrmmee" wrote:
two things spring to mind, broccoli has naturally occuring aspirine, sp
and you might track your food in a food journal for a month to see if
there are foods that make it worse, if i eat egg plant i am miserabley
stiff for days, if i don't get a migraine to go with the stiffness i
consider myself lucky... the research says there is no hard evidence to
support this but food i eat directly affects how my joints feel, so along
with eating what is good, look at what might inflame your particular
joints,

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

Besides being dx'd with T2 almost 20 years ago, I've been developing
painful arthritis in my shoulders, hips and knees. My wife asked me
what she can feed me to alleviate the pain.
[]

Thanks, Lee. Jun manages to cook broccoli in ways that I can tolerate the
taste of. As to tracking my food, that's not very likely. Eggplant is one
of my favorites. I haven't noticed a relationship between eating it and my
arthritis pain. Even if I did, I would still eat eggplant. They say to
avoid red meat, which I need to maintain my red blood count and satisfy my
primitive blood lust! They also say to avoid dairy, but I love cheeses,
sour cream and yogurt.

At least I've minimized the things that raise my blood glucose! ;-)

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 27-11-2010, 10:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
look at different matress that is more joint friendly, Lee

Another thing I discovered when Angela was little was multiple pillows. I
had been diagnosed with diabetes but not the problems that caused the pain.
I was so exhausted, I would just lie down on the floor because I couldn't go
anywhere else. Angela would put a pillow under my head. And then under one
hand, the other hand, each foot, my elbows, however many pillows she could
find! I had a lot of little throw pillows because she liked to play that
the floor was hot lava. You couldn't step on the floor. Only the pillows.

Anyway... I noticed that wherever she put a pillow, there was no pain. So
now I keep a lot of pillows in the bed.

Old 27-11-2010, 10:37 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
our friend gramby got one of those memory foam deals, the flat not egg
shell, she says it has helped her back annd shoulders, she says part of it
is the support but also it is very warm to sleep on and she is convinced
that is also part of it, Lee

I did my sleep study on one of those things and it caused more pain for me.
I could not move at all. And when I stay in one position for too long, I
cramp up. The Dr. said I kept kicking my legs. I did because they were so
cramped. And being hooked to all those wires meant I couldn't stand up and
apply pressure to my legs to relieve the cramps!

Old 27-11-2010, 10:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
please talk more about this, what brand and how much, any research? Lee

I buy my turmeric through Swanson. I don't know the exact dose. I take it
with each meal as it says on the bottle. Since I don't eat lunch, I do take
it with my bedtime snack. Some people find merely adding it to their diet,
as in curry is enough for them. I just don't like the taste of it so take
it in pill form.