FoodBanter.com

-   -   Never overestimate your carb count! (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/400743-never-overestimate-your-carb.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 21-09-2010 05:50 AM

Never overestimate your carb count!

I had a hypo tonight after dinner. I knew how many carbs were in the whole
container of mac and no cheese. That was 45g. I didn't eat all of it,
mainly because I didn't like it that well but also because I was eating 5
falafel which were small. So I ate slightly less than half of the mac and
no cheese. But apparently I ate less carbs than I thought I did. 2 hours
later the shaking began. Yep! 79. Now that number might work well for
you, but it doesn't for me. I am supposed to stay between 90 and 130.

I didn't have any candy handy so I ate some peanut butter stuffed pretzels.