Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Food on the run.

As it stands right now, we have to eat two nights a week at the dance
studio. But that could change. They want to change the schedule on two
days and if they do, it will be better for us in that we will get out of
there earlier and spend less time there. But that will mean another meal
there!

If they make the change, it will give us a half an hour to eat dinner on
those two nights. The other night will give us an hour.

Although there are places to eat around there, none are really suitable for
us. McDonald's, a Teriyaki place and Subway. Yes, I know Subway does have
salads, but frankly I had one once and it was nasty. Plus the meat is
suspect for Angela. Too much change of cross contamination from wheat.

There is a grocery store in the strip mall. In a pinch we could get
something from them. They do on occasion have plain cooked chicken breast,
but it seems like they never do on the days she is dancing. Then there is
always canned chicken. And they do have things like baby carrots and cut up
fruit. They even have some gluten free bread that Angela can eat, although
I would have to purchase a whole loaf of it. I know that sounds weird to
say it because most bread comes as a loaf But I mail order two slice
packets for her. And perhaps it would be a good idea to keep one of those
in my van.

Last year we did have one meal a week at the dance studio. Most of the time
I just made extra of whatever we were having for dinner one night and packed
it up for later. Sometimes I put stuff in the freezer. Angela complained
about that. She doesn't like the quality of stuff that has been frozen and
reheated in the microwave.

Sometimes we took chicken nuggets, an Ian's kid's meal I (I didn't eat the
cake that came with), green or pasta salad, soup, or if I had nothing else I
could fix quickly, just a pouch of pre-cooked rice with some canned chicken.

Tonight I made taco salads. Although they were really good and people were
literally drooling over them, they were a heck of a lot of work and I used
up a lot of plastic bags getting all of the components there. I didn't want
to assemble them ahead of time for fear that the greens would get soggy.
And I wanted to heat the meat.

So now I have to think of some new things to make. Things that can be eaten
quickly. Although her break is a half an hour on two of those days, she
also has to change her clothes and I have to put her hair in a bun. Luckily
I have gotten really good at doing buns and it no longer takes me a half an
hour and a lot of cursing under my breath like it used to. Heh. Now I can
do it in a minute or two.

I know that a sandwich would be the obvious choice, but neither of us really
like sandwiches. We certainly can eat them every once in a while just for
convenience sake. I have some really good pre-cooked hamburger patties that
I got from Costco. They heat in a minute in the microwave. We can take
those with some raw veggies, but I will have to get her some gluten free
buns. I don't normally keep those in the house. I can manage a small bun.
Most of those are low enough in carbs for me. Not that I do low carb. Just
lower than I used to eat.

Thing is this year, I won't ever have any leftovers to bring. The two
nights that we will be dining at home are days when we eat dairy. We're
only allowed to have it twice a week and we eat it on set days. But I guess
I could make extra of whatever it is I am going to make and we could eat it
twice.

Whatever I make has to be free of wheat, soy protein, dairy, eggs, peas,
lentils, peanuts, almonds and oysters due to our allergies and the
soy/thyroid problem I have.

Anyone have any ideas? There is a microwave and fridge/freezer. I also
have plenty of insulated containers so I could take heated food from home in
those as well. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
[...]

My thoughts would be a hearty soup, either home made or packaged that you
can use and a sandwich or salad, premade at home to maximize time for
eating and digesting a bit before starting the dance class. You could
also do a stew that could be used on two days, say Mon adn Wed, if you are
havign the dairy on Tues. and would only need some light salad or raw
veggies and fruit for dessert.

I know that when I was in high school and taking dance class 6 days a
week I couldn't eat more that a snack before classs. I would eat when I
got home, some years at 7:30 and others, closer to 9. On the very late
days, my mother would put my dinner on a plate and keep it warm over a pot
of simmering water. No microwaves in those days:-) On the 7:30 days I
would get home while my folks were stiill eating, so I would just eat
then. I know that Angela is in jr. HS, so younger, but the problem is the
same. How late do you get ome from the studio?

I alsos used to do homework in the afternoo as well as after I got home
from class.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I used to pack substantial homemade soups, such as lentil, in soup thermoses
when I was taking my son straight from a music lesson to the youth symphony.
Chili also worked. Anything that is "soupy" and you can both eat?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> [...]
> it
> : twice.
>
> : Whatever I make has to be free of wheat, soy protein, dairy, eggs, peas,
> : lentils, peanuts, almonds and oysters due to our allergies and the
> : soy/thyroid problem I have.
>
> : Anyone have any ideas? There is a microwave and fridge/freezer. I also
> : have plenty of insulated containers so I could take heated food from
> home in
> : those as well. Thanks!
>
> My thoughts would be a hearty soup, either home made or packaged that you
> can use and a sandwich or salad, premade at home to maximize time for
> eating and digesting a bit before starting the dance class. You could
> also do a stew that could be used on two days, say Mon adn Wed, if you are
> havign the dairy on Tues. and would only need some light salad or raw

The dairy is not something we would eat at the dance studio. I don't know if
soup could be eaten that quickly but we could try.

> I know that when I was in high school and taking dance class 6 days a
> week I couldn't eat more that a snack before classs. I would eat when I
> got home, some years at 7:30 and others, closer to 9. On the very late
> days, my mother would put my dinner on a plate and keep it warm over a pot
> of simmering water. No microwaves in those days:-) On the 7:30 days I
> would get home while my folks were stiill eating, so I would just eat
> then. I know that Angela is in jr. HS, so younger, but the problem is the
> same. How late do you get ome from the studio?

Some days it is 9:15 and other days 8:15. I am at the studio with her at
the moment. So I will not be home to cook. Once she gets the hang of her
schedule, I will be at home. The thing is, last year the parents complained
that there was no time to eat. So this year they built in some time so the
kids can eat. So we will be eating there.

> I alsos used to do homework in the afternoo as well as after I got home
> from class.
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
>I used to pack substantial homemade soups, such as lentil, in soup
>thermoses when I was taking my son straight from a music lesson to the
>youth symphony. Chili also worked. Anything that is "soupy" and you can
>both eat?

Angela doesn't like soup very much. She will eat chicken and noodle and I
do have several cans of gluten free chicken and noodle. So I could make
that for her. I can eat other canned soups. I don't really like making
soup from scratch simply because I always wind up with so much of it! Other
than that it is easy to make. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: >
: > My thoughts would be a hearty soup, either home made or packaged that you
: > can use and a sandwich or salad, premade at home to maximize time for
: > eating and digesting a bit before starting the dance class. You could
: > also do a stew that could be used on two days, say Mon adn Wed, if you are
: > havign the dairy on Tues. and would only need some light salad or raw
: > veggies and fruit for dessert.

: The dairy is not something we would eat at the dance studio. I don't know if
: soup could be eaten that quickly but we could try.

If you read what I wrote you will se tht I did NOTY suggest the dairy meal
for the studio, but to make a stew on one day, but enough for two days.
eat some on day one. On day two have dairy at home. On day three have
stew again in the thermous. Two meals of stew with one cooking but you
don't have to have the smae food two days in a row. You have the at home
dairy meal in between.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : >
> : > My thoughts would be a hearty soup, either home made or packaged that
> you
> : > can use and a sandwich or salad, premade at home to maximize time for
> : > eating and digesting a bit before starting the dance class. You could
> : > also do a stew that could be used on two days, say Mon adn Wed, if you
> are
> : > havign the dairy on Tues. and would only need some light salad or raw
> : > veggies and fruit for dessert.
>
> : The dairy is not something we would eat at the dance studio. I don't
> know if
> : soup could be eaten that quickly but we could try.
>
> If you read what I wrote you will se tht I did NOTY suggest the dairy meal
> for the studio, but to make a stew on one day, but enough for two days.
> eat some on day one. On day two have dairy at home. On day three have
> stew again in the thermous. Two meals of stew with one cooking but you
> don't have to have the smae food two days in a row. You have the at home
> dairy meal in between.

Oh. I see. Sorry. As it works out, the two days we will be eating there
will be in a row. They will not be making the other change.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> As it stands right now, we have to eat two nights a week at the dance
> studio. But that could change. They want to change the schedule on
> two days and if they do, it will be better for us in that we will get
> out of there earlier and spend less time there. But that will mean
> another meal there!

What time are the dance classes? I remember when my boys played
football. Their twice weekly training sessions didn't finish until 6.30.
We usually didn't eat dinner on those nights until 8-8.30.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message

> I know that when I was in high school and taking dance class 6 days a
> week I couldn't eat more that a snack before classs. I would eat when
> got home, some years at 7:30 and others, closer to 9. On the very
> late
> days, my mother would put my dinner on a plate and keep it warm over a
> pot
> of simmering water. No microwaves in those days:-) On the 7:30 days
> would get home while my folks were stiill eating, so I would just eat
> then. I know that Angela is in jr. HS, so younger, but the problem is
> the
> same. How late do you get ome from the studio?
>
> I alsos used to do homework in the afternoo as well as after I got
> home
> from class.

One of my daughters did swimming training 5 mornings and evenings a
week. They all ate breakfast at the pool in their special lockup kitchen
after morning training and before being transported to school. In the
evenings my daughter would eat about 9pm. Homework was done straight
after school, then she would have a snack - bowl of cereal, toast or
fruit or whatever (but early enough that she didn't feel bogged down
while training).

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet" > wrote in message
> I used to pack substantial homemade soups, such as lentil, in soup
> thermoses when I was taking my son straight from a music lesson to the
> youth symphony. Chili also worked. Anything that is "soupy" and you
> can both eat?

My daughter and myself had a favourite on the run meal. My salad bowl
I would cut up lots of different veggies and some canned chopped
beetroot and pineapple and usually chicken - chopped egg and cheese work
equally well. Let it drain for a few minutes in a colander then throw in
a tub of cottage cheese - mix well and divide into plastic bowls with
lids. The cottage cheese ended up being purple We still love it for a
quick and easy meal while out. My eldest daughter is 38 and she still
takes this to work 2-3 times a week for lunch.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>As it stands right now, we have to eat two nights a week at the dance
>studio. But that could change. They want to change the schedule on two
>days and if they do, it will be better for us in that we will get out of
>there earlier and spend less time there. But that will mean another meal
>there!
>If they make the change, it will give us a half an hour to eat dinner on
>those two nights. The other night will give us an hour.

Why must you eat there? Why can't you eat before or after Angela's dance
classes? It seems that eating at home would solve all your problems. At least,
you could eat before or after Angela's dance classes so that you wouldn't have
to find suitable food for both for you.

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>Angela doesn't like soup very much. She will eat chicken and noodle and I
>do have several cans of gluten free chicken and noodle. So I could make
>that for her.

If Angela truly enjoys dance classes, she can put up with some soup in order to
have dinner afterwards.

>I can eat other canned soups. I don't really like making
>soup from scratch simply because I always wind up with so much of it! Other
>than that it is easy to make. Thanks!

If you make and freeze various types of soup, you can vacuum seal them using a
Food Saver, which will help preserve their fresh flavor and please Angela's
anti-leftover proclivities. Also, if you rotate your frozen soups, you'll never
have to eat the same soup two days in a row.

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>Angela doesn't like soup very much. She will eat chicken and noodle and I
>>do have several cans of gluten free chicken and noodle. So I could make
>>that for her.

> If Angela truly enjoys dance classes, she can put up with some soup in
> order to
> have dinner afterwards.

Well, no. I won't be cooking at 9:15. Nor will she be eating then! If
they are alloting us time to eat, that's when we'll eat. Makes no sense to
do otherwise.

>>I can eat other canned soups. I don't really like making
>>soup from scratch simply because I always wind up with so much of it!
>>Other
>>than that it is easy to make. Thanks!

> If you make and freeze various types of soup, you can vacuum seal them
> using a
> Food Saver, which will help preserve their fresh flavor and please
> Angela's
> anti-leftover proclivities. Also, if you rotate your frozen soups, you'll
> never
> have to eat the same soup two days in a row.

I don't have a food saver and am not likely to get one. I also don't like
to freeze things. For one thing we don't have a very big freezer. I am
thinking soup is probably not a very good thing to take to the dance studio
anyway. It's pretty messy to eat, seeing as how there are no tables there.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> As it stands right now, we have to eat two nights a week at the dance
>> studio. But that could change. They want to change the schedule on two
>> days and if they do, it will be better for us in that we will get out of
>> there earlier and spend less time there. But that will mean another meal
>> there!

> What time are the dance classes? I remember when my boys played football.
> Their twice weekly training sessions didn't finish until 6.30. We usually
> didn't eat dinner on those nights until 8-8.30.

I don't really want to give my whole schedule in case the burgers are
checking in here.

But one night we get there at 4:00 and don't get out till 9:00. There is an
hour break that night. The other night. The other night the times are the
same but we get an hour and fifteen minute break. Technically enough time
to go out to eat, but no place suitable for us in the vicinity.

I am thinking next week I will give her two choices. Either a hamburger and
then the following day a sandwich on a bun, or chicken nuggets and then
vegan tamales and black beans. In the first three cases there will be raw
veggies. I won't have to cook any of that stuff. Just have to buy it.

The problem is... She has so much homework that she really needs to get
cracking on it as soon as we get in. There is no time for her to be eating
dinner and certainly no time for me to be cooking it.

I suppose I could do some stuff in the crockpot if I do it overnight or just
put it in there early in the morning and then take it out before I leave.

At any rate, she is eating better than the other kids. Most of them just go
to Subway, day after day. Some of them are doing this as many as four times
a week.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>
>> I know that when I was in high school and taking dance class 6 days a
>> week I couldn't eat more that a snack before classs. I would eat when I
>> got home, some years at 7:30 and others, closer to 9. On the very late
>> days, my mother would put my dinner on a plate and keep it warm over a
>> pot
>> of simmering water. No microwaves in those days:-) On the 7:30 days I
>> would get home while my folks were stiill eating, so I would just eat
>> then. I know that Angela is in jr. HS, so younger, but the problem is
>> the
>> same. How late do you get ome from the studio?
>>
>> I alsos used to do homework in the afternoo as well as after I got home
>> from class.

> One of my daughters did swimming training 5 mornings and evenings a week.
> They all ate breakfast at the pool in their special lockup kitchen after
> morning training and before being transported to school. In the evenings
> my daughter would eat about 9pm. Homework was done straight after school,
> then she would have a snack - bowl of cereal, toast or fruit or whatever
> (but early enough that she didn't feel bogged down while training).

Eesh! I read that at first as, "They all ate breakfast in the pool".
Hehehe.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Janet" > wrote in message
>> I used to pack substantial homemade soups, such as lentil, in soup
>> thermoses when I was taking my son straight from a music lesson to the
>> youth symphony. Chili also worked. Anything that is "soupy" and you can
>> both eat?

> My daughter and myself had a favourite on the run meal. My salad bowl I
> would cut up lots of different veggies and some canned chopped beetroot
> and pineapple and usually chicken - chopped egg and cheese work equally
> well. Let it drain for a few minutes in a colander then throw in a tub of
> cottage cheese - mix well and divide into plastic bowls with lids. The
> cottage cheese ended up being purple We still love it for a quick and
> easy meal while out. My eldest daughter is 38 and she still takes this to
> work 2-3 times a week for lunch.

I like a lot of different veggies in my salads and also kidney beans.
Angela's favorite is a standard "American" mix of lettuce, cabbage and
carrots, sometimes with a radish thrown in, with black olives, canned
chicken and a sesame dressing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>As it stands right now, we have to eat two nights a week at the dance
>>studio. But that could change. They want to change the schedule on two
>>days and if they do, it will be better for us in that we will get out of
>>there earlier and spend less time there. But that will mean another meal
>>there!
>>If they make the change, it will give us a half an hour to eat dinner on
>>those two nights. The other night will give us an hour.

> Why must you eat there? Why can't you eat before or after Angela's dance
> classes? It seems that eating at home would solve all your problems. At
> least,
> you could eat before or after Angela's dance classes so that you wouldn't
> have
> to find suitable food for both for you.

There is no time to eat before. Plus it would be too early for me. We have
to leave the house around 3:30. She has a snack before. Eating after is
too late. Besides, there is a planned break for eating dinner. That's when
they're supposed to eat! Everyone does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:39:11 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Anyone have any ideas? There is a microwave and fridge/freezer. I also
>have plenty of insulated containers so I could take heated food from home in
>those as well. Thanks!

Salad works so long as you keep the greens/veggies separate from the
dressing. I have a little screw-topped jar to take the dressing along.

Bean stew type things reheat really well, even from frozen - so long
as you stir 3 or 4 times when reheating.

Most foods will stay safe in the fridge for the best part of a week,
so long as they're reheated thoroughly - so if you make something over
the weekend, for instance, the leftovers would be OK for Thursday.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:36:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> I don't really like making
>soup from scratch simply because I always wind up with so much of it! Other
>than that it is easy to make. Thanks!

But it freezes so beautifully, and you can control the ingredients so
well!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:39:11 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Anyone have any ideas? There is a microwave and fridge/freezer. I also
>>have plenty of insulated containers so I could take heated food from home
>>in
>>those as well. Thanks!

> Salad works so long as you keep the greens/veggies separate from the
> dressing. I have a little screw-topped jar to take the dressing along.

I don't eat dressing and mostly neither does Angela so that's not a problem.

> Bean stew type things reheat really well, even from frozen - so long
> as you stir 3 or 4 times when reheating.
>
> Most foods will stay safe in the fridge for the best part of a week,
> so long as they're reheated thoroughly - so if you make something over
> the weekend, for instance, the leftovers would be OK for Thursday.

Yes, but I don't cook over the weekend except for on Sunday and that's a
dairy day.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:36:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I don't really like making
>>soup from scratch simply because I always wind up with so much of it!
>>Other
>>than that it is easy to make. Thanks!
>>

> But it freezes so beautifully, and you can control the ingredients so
> well!

It doesn't freeze beautifully here. It freezes into a chunk never to be
touched again. Then eventually when nothing else will fit into the freezer,
I look in there and see it and toss it out.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>Well, no. I won't be cooking at 9:15. Nor will she be eating then!

No one ever died from cooking or eating dinner after 9:15. Try it.

>If they are alloting us time to eat, that's when we'll eat. Makes no sense to
>do otherwise.

It makes perfect sense if what you want to eat takes more time than you are
allotted.

>I don't have a food saver and am not likely to get one.

Your loss. A Food Saver or similar vacuum packer will address Angela's distaste
for leftovers by keeping them entirely fresh whether or not they're frozen.

>I also don't like to freeze things. For one thing we don't have a very big

freezer.

With a Food Saver, you can keep things in the fridge longer because the vacuum
seal will prevent spoilage.

>I am thinking soup is probably not a very good thing to take to the dance

studio anyway. It's pretty messy to eat, seeing as how there are no tables
there.

You have an excuse for every suggestion you get.

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>The problem is... She has so much homework that she really needs to get
>cracking on it as soon as we get in. There is no time for her to be eating
>dinner and certainly no time for me to be cooking it.

I don't get the impression that you work outside the home, which gives you all
day to cook dinner.

>I suppose I could do some stuff in the crockpot if I do it overnight or just
>put it in there early in the morning and then take it out before I leave.

Imagine that!

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>There is no time to eat before. Plus it would be too early for me.

You could drop Angela off at the dance studio and then have dinner alone.

>We have to leave the house around 3:30. She has a snack before. Eating after

is too late.

Too late according to whom?

>Besides, there is a planned break for eating dinner. That's when
>they're supposed to eat! Everyone does.

And if everyone jumped off a bridge on that break, I assume you'd have Angela
follow suit.

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>Yes, but I don't cook over the weekend except for on Sunday and that's a
>dairy day.

Why don't you cook over the weekend, and why does Sunday have to be dairy day?
You are positively hemmed in by your artificial regimens.

Orlando

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>It doesn't freeze beautifully here. It freezes into a chunk never to be
>touched again. Then eventually when nothing else will fit into the freezer,
>I look in there and see it and toss it out.

A vacuum sealer would permanently eliminate this entire problem. Soups would
not freeze into unappetizing chunks; they'd freeze into thin icy layers in
vacuum bags.

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>It doesn't freeze beautifully here. It freezes into a chunk never to be
>>touched again. Then eventually when nothing else will fit into the
>>freezer,
>>I look in there and see it and toss it out.

> A vacuum sealer would permanently eliminate this entire problem. Soups
> would
> not freeze into unappetizing chunks; they'd freeze into thin icy layers in
> vacuum bags.

But they still wouldn't get used. I just don't eat stuff that I have put in
the freezer.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>Well, no. I won't be cooking at 9:15. Nor will she be eating then!

> No one ever died from cooking or eating dinner after 9:15. Try it.

Um... I'm diabetic. I follow an eating schedule. I kind of have to do
that to keep my BG stable. Angela doesn't have time to be eating a meal at
that hour. Nor would we have the food at 9:15. That's what time we get
home. If I started cooking then, it would be about an hour before we could
eat. Not gonna do that.

>>If they are alloting us time to eat, that's when we'll eat. Makes no
>>sense to
>>do otherwise.
>>

> It makes perfect sense if what you want to eat takes more time than you
> are
> allotted.

That's right.

>>I don't have a food saver and am not likely to get one.

> Your loss. A Food Saver or similar vacuum packer will address Angela's
> distaste
> for leftovers by keeping them entirely fresh whether or not they're
> frozen.

Our distaste for leftovers has to do with eating the same thing again. We
don't want to do it.

>>I also don't like to freeze things. For one thing we don't have a very
>>big

> freezer.
>
> With a Food Saver, you can keep things in the fridge longer because the
> vacuum
> seal will prevent spoilage.

I don't want to keep things in the fridge. And I don't want another
appliance.

>>I am thinking soup is probably not a very good thing to take to the dance

> studio anyway. It's pretty messy to eat, seeing as how there are no
> tables
> there.
>

> You have an excuse for every suggestion you get.

No.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>The problem is... She has so much homework that she really needs to get
>>cracking on it as soon as we get in. There is no time for her to be
>>eating
>>dinner and certainly no time for me to be cooking it.

> I don't get the impression that you work outside the home, which gives you
> all
> day to cook dinner.

I sleep during the day.

>>I suppose I could do some stuff in the crockpot if I do it overnight or
>>just
>>put it in there early in the morning and then take it out before I leave.

> Imagine that!

You are sooo rude!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>There is no time to eat before. Plus it would be too early for me.

> You could drop Angela off at the dance studio and then have dinner alone.

Not now I can't. She doesn't know her schedule yet.

>>We have to leave the house around 3:30. She has a snack before. Eating
>>after

> is too late.
>
> Too late according to whom?

Me.

>>Besides, there is a planned break for eating dinner. That's when
>>they're supposed to eat! Everyone does.

> And if everyone jumped off a bridge on that break, I assume you'd have
> Angela
> follow suit.

Rude.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>Yes, but I don't cook over the weekend except for on Sunday and that's a
>>dairy day.

> Why don't you cook over the weekend, and why does Sunday have to be dairy
> day?
> You are positively hemmed in by your artificial regimens.

We chose Sunday and Tuesday as the dairy days. We eat out on Saturdays
because we go to my parent's house and my mom doesn't cook. Nor does she
want anyone else to cook in her kitchen.

And I'm not hemmed in at all.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>But they still wouldn't get used. I just don't eat stuff that I have put in
>the freezer.

You would eat frozen foods if they didn't get freezer burned and tasted as good
as the day you prepared them.

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>But they still wouldn't get used. I just don't eat stuff that I have put
>>in
>>the freezer.

> You would eat frozen foods if they didn't get freezer burned and tasted as
> good
> as the day you prepared them.

No. I wouldn't.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>Um... I'm diabetic. I follow an eating schedule. I kind of have to do
>that to keep my BG stable.

Yet, your BG hasn't been stable for years, which suggests that your rigid
eating schedule is doing you no good.

>Angela doesn't have time to be eating a meal at
>that hour.

If she did her homework during her dinner break, she'd have time to eat after
class.

>Nor would we have the food at 9:15. That's what time we get
>home. If I started cooking then, it would be about an hour before we could
>eat. Not gonna do that.

You could cook or prep throughout the day before Angela's class. I'm surprised
you can't figure these things out.

>Our distaste for leftovers has to do with eating the same thing again. We
>don't want to do it.

No one said anything about eating the same thing over again. With vacuum packed
leftovers, you could cook and freeze portions weeks or even months in advance.
By the time they reached rotation, they wouldn't feel like the same foods over
again.

>I don't want to keep things in the fridge. And I don't want another
>appliance.

More excuses. Let's see if you can break your own record.

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>I sleep during the day.

Then sleep at night like most people do. You can shift over your schedule in a
few days.

>You are sooo rude!

You think I'm rude because I don't buy your excuses, especially when you're the
one complaining about this situation you've created.

Orlando

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
. ..
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>Um... I'm diabetic. I follow an eating schedule. I kind of have to do
>>that to keep my BG stable.

> Yet, your BG hasn't been stable for years, which suggests that your rigid
> eating schedule is doing you no good.

I have other medical conditions that complicate things. But again... The
studio is providing an eating time and that is when we will eat. It would
make no sense to do otherwise! The eating time they provide is a normal
eating time.

>>Angela doesn't have time to be eating a meal at
>>that hour.

> If she did her homework during her dinner break, she'd have time to eat
> after
> class.
>
>>Nor would we have the food at 9:15. That's what time we get
>>home. If I started cooking then, it would be about an hour before we
>>could
>>eat. Not gonna do that.
>>

> You could cook or prep throughout the day before Angela's class. I'm
> surprised
> you can't figure these things out.

I will NOT cook or prep during the day and I never once asked when to fix
food. I am not stupid and am sick of you treating me like I am.

>>Our distaste for leftovers has to do with eating the same thing again. We
>>don't want to do it.

> No one said anything about eating the same thing over again. With vacuum
> packed
> leftovers, you could cook and freeze portions weeks or even months in
> advance.
> By the time they reached rotation, they wouldn't feel like the same foods
> over
> again.

I don't have room to store a vacuum sealer or the bags, nor do I have room
to store things for months at a time. I have about enough room for a week's
worth of food. Maybe some things can keep into the second week.

>>I don't want to keep things in the fridge. And I don't want another
>>appliance.

> More excuses. Let's see if you can break your own record.

I'm through talking to you.

*poof*

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
>I have other medical conditions that complicate things. But again... The
>studio is providing an eating time and that is when we will eat. It would
>make no sense to do otherwise! The eating time they provide is a normal
>eating time.

What's this nonsense about normal eating times?

>I will NOT cook or prep during the day and I never once asked when to fix
>food. I am not stupid and am sick of you treating me like I am.

You honestly sound like you have trouble coordinating the most basic scheduling
issues of modern life. For someone supposedly used to Angela's wheat allergy,
you seem continually at a loss about what to give her to eat.

>I don't have room to store a vacuum sealer or the bags, nor do I have room
>to store things for months at a time. I have about enough room for a week's
>worth of food. Maybe some things can keep into the second week.

If you know the Serenity Prayer, I suggest you reevaluate the things you can
actually change. You chalk up every circumstance in your life to being
uncontrollable.

>I'm through talking to you.
>*poof*

We'll see how long that lasts.

Orlando
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Julie Bove > wrote:
> >>But they still wouldn't get used. I just don't eat stuff that I have put
> >>in
> >>the freezer.

> > You would eat frozen foods if they didn't get freezer burned and tasted as
> > good
> > as the day you prepared them.

> No. I wouldn't.

It's good when one knows one's limits and what one will or won't do. It
saves wasting time/food, etc. doing things because they work for other
people.

You don't have to answer his questions, Julie. He's either playing with
you or he's condescending to you. Either way, I suggest you killfile
him.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Orlando Enrique Fiol" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>> >
>> > You would eat frozen foods if they didn't get freezer burned and tasted
>> > as
>> > good
>> > as the day you prepared them.

>> No. I wouldn't.

> It's good when one knows one's limits and what one will or won't do. It
> saves wasting time/food, etc. doing things because they work for other
> people.
>
> You don't have to answer his questions, Julie. He's either playing with
> you or he's condescending to you. Either way, I suggest you killfile
> him.

Yeah.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

small soup,

one large chicken breast, cook as you like then dice or shredd,
the amount of gluton free noodles you want in soup,
chicken broth enough to cover/cook noodles.
a cup or two of diced vegetables of your choice, prepared in advance, when
you get to the studio, put the noodles in the broth and cook, then add
vegetables and chicken, stir divide and eat with gluton free crackers, Lee