Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Mayan food

I had dinner planned tonight but due to another (dagnabbit) shopping trip
related to Angela's school, I just decided we would go out to eat. We ate
at the Mexican place where we ate at least once a week last year. They have
added some things to the menu. I had a Mayan dish, the name of which
escapes me. I think it was Panchugo but when I do a search of that name,
nothing comes up.

It was two homemade corn tortillas (small but slightly thick), topped with
the meat of your choice, lettuce, tomato and black olives. Cojita cheese
and avocado did come with, but I had those things left off. It was really
good! I have a new favorite food!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I had dinner planned tonight but due to another (dagnabbit) shopping trip
>related to Angela's school, I just decided we would go out to eat. We ate
>at the Mexican place where we ate at least once a week last year. They
>have added some things to the menu. I had a Mayan dish, the name of which
>escapes me. I think it was Panchugo but when I do a search of that name,
>nothing comes up.
>
> It was two homemade corn tortillas (small but slightly thick), topped with
> the meat of your choice, lettuce, tomato and black olives. Cojita cheese
> and avocado did come with, but I had those things left off. It was really
> good! I have a new favorite food!

I did a search Julie...I think they are called "panuchos"

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I had dinner planned tonight but due to another (dagnabbit) shopping trip
>>related to Angela's school, I just decided we would go out to eat. We ate
>>at the Mexican place where we ate at least once a week last year. They
>>have added some things to the menu. I had a Mayan dish, the name of which
>>escapes me. I think it was Panchugo but when I do a search of that name,
>>nothing comes up.
>>
>> It was two homemade corn tortillas (small but slightly thick), topped
>> with the meat of your choice, lettuce, tomato and black olives. Cojita
>> cheese and avocado did come with, but I had those things left off. It
>> was really good! I have a new favorite food!
>>

> I did a search Julie...I think they are called "panuchos"

Ah... Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> I did a search Julie...I think they are called "panuchos"

> Ah... Thanks!

I did look and that appeared to be what they were. I forgot about the
beans. There were beans on there too. These were not the fried kind.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/2/2010 9:52 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I had dinner planned tonight but due to another (dagnabbit) shopping trip
> related to Angela's school, I just decided we would go out to eat. We ate
> at the Mexican place where we ate at least once a week last year. They have
> added some things to the menu. I had a Mayan dish, the name of which
> escapes me. I think it was Panchugo but when I do a search of that name,
> nothing comes up.
>
> It was two homemade corn tortillas (small but slightly thick), topped with
> the meat of your choice, lettuce, tomato and black olives. Cojita cheese
> and avocado did come with, but I had those things left off. It was really
> good! I have a new favorite food!

They have them here on the border. Usually call them Panchos. Most
places use the ubiquitous yellow cheese.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:52:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> I have a new favorite food!

Cool

Corn tortillas, do you think?

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> On 9/2/2010 9:52 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I had dinner planned tonight but due to another (dagnabbit) shopping trip
>> related to Angela's school, I just decided we would go out to eat. We
>> ate
>> at the Mexican place where we ate at least once a week last year. They
>> have
>> added some things to the menu. I had a Mayan dish, the name of which
>> escapes me. I think it was Panchugo but when I do a search of that name,
>> nothing comes up.
>>
>> It was two homemade corn tortillas (small but slightly thick), topped
>> with
>> the meat of your choice, lettuce, tomato and black olives. Cojita cheese
>> and avocado did come with, but I had those things left off. It was
>> really
>> good! I have a new favorite food!
>>

> They have them here on the border. Usually call them Panchos. Most places
> use the ubiquitous yellow cheese.

I think this place is pretty authentic.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:52:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I have a new favorite food!
>>

> Cool
>
> Corn tortillas, do you think?

Yes. It said handmade corn tortillas. They were much smaller in diameter
than the ones you buy in the store. But I believe they were a bit thicker.
However in looking at recipes for them, the tortillas due puff up a bit when
you cook them. So that could account for the thickness. So... Some carbs,
but not too many.