Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Your favorite Mexicanish foods

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

>> > Jun dips them in a tempura batter. Very light coat and doesn't spike
>> > me.
>> >
>> > Tempura batter
>> >[]
>> > If you try it, please come back with a report?

>> Thanks for that Nick. My daughter loves tempura and we both bemoaned the
>> fact that we couldn't find a home made recipe or commercial mix that was
>> anything other than bland. Our local Japanese eatery has wonderful
>> tempura.

> I hope Jasmine likes it as much as I do, Ozgirl (OK, you, too). Looking
> forward to a report from down under!

Its not Jasmine Jasmine can't talk (or rather chooses not to). Its my
second eldest daughter, we love Japanese.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> Thanks for that Nick. My daughter loves tempura and we both bemoaned
> >> the fact that we couldn't find a home made recipe or commercial mix
> >> that was anything other than bland. Our local Japanese eatery has
> >> wonderful tempura.

> > I hope Jasmine likes it as much as I do, Ozgirl (OK, you, too). Looking
> > forward to a report from down under!

> Its not Jasmine Jasmine can't talk (or rather chooses not to). Its my
> second eldest daughter, we love Japanese.

My mistake. No problem, I hope. I think of her a lot.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

OMG!!! i just gained five pounds, Lee off to put this idea in the too try
file,
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> sorry Nick, i left out the LOL, part of the reason i remembered it is
>> that if i could only have say five foods on a desset island the big
>> banana would be second on the list, ... and on the subject of bananas...
>> i have a general qustion but to you specifically,
>>
>> can you eat or have you tried eating the banana with another food so as
>> to lower the overal carb impact on your bg, or does this work for bg
>> issues... i asked as this just occured to me this aftn... considering net
>> carbs, what if you at the banana with say almond butter which has a
>> pretty good amount of fiber... and before you ask, i can't remember atm
>> how many carbs are in almond butter, this just occured to me earlier and
>> i didn't get a chance to ask dh before he left,
>> [ . . . ]

> Well, hmmmmph! I'm not even worth a LOL anymore <boo hoo - sob>
>
> Jun makes a wonderful Thai dish called Gluey Tord. Cut a banana in half
> lengthwise, then into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. Dredge them in flour,
> shredded coconut, sesame seeds and other stuff, then deep-fry. Those
> things
> are so good! If I have more than about a half dozen pieces, I spike.
>
> I like almond butter and mayonnaise on crackers as a midnight snack.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
> http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> My mistake. No problem, I hope. I think of her a lot.

No problem at all Nick Jasmine is a sweety, she used to talk a bit, a few
clear words. She doesn't say much at all anymore. Possibly the autism, doubt
its the Down's. No one can say for sure. When one of her brothers tease her
she might let out a loud "don't!" or "go away!" but that's about it these
days. Disappointing but she is who she is.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Jacquie" > wrote:

>>> Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been opened
>>> and I find if they are cold there is less chance of sticking. Try it.

>> I will Thanks

> I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!

Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each other
in the package.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

> >> I will Thanks

> > I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!
> >

> Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each other
> in the package.

Duh! I haven't run into that problem . . . yet.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I didn't mean stick to the pan...I meant stick to each other

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Jacquie" > wrote:

>> > Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been opened
>> > and I find if they are cold there is less chance of sticking. Try it.

>> I will Thanks

> I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
> http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:

>> > I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!
>> >

>> Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each other
>> in the package.

> Duh! I haven't run into that problem . . . yet.

I have and I am going to try your fridge idea for that kind of sticking

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I make shredded chicken, onion and cheese quesadillas. They're a hit in this
family...I add a dollop of sour cream on mine.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> Only once or twice. I keep them refrigerated once they have been opened
>>> and I find if they are cold there is less chance of sticking. Try it.

>> Thanks for that. I hate it when I make burritos for the kids and the
>> tortillas stick and tear.

> I gave up on burritos. Never could make them right. I just do tacos now.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> Janet Wilder > wrote:

>>> Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each other
>>> in the package.

>> Duh! I haven't run into that problem . . . yet.

> I have and I am going to try your fridge idea for that kind of sticking

I've had that problem too but I can't remember which kind.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote:
> I didn't mean stick to the pan...I meant stick to each other
>
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> I will Thanks

> > I do my tortillas in a well-seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks!

Now I know! Duh!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Janet Wilder > wrote:

> >> Nick, I think she was referring to the tortillas sticking to each
> >> other in the package.

> > Duh! I haven't run into that problem . . . yet.

> I have and I am going to try your fridge idea for that kind of sticking

We just leave them out in the kitchen in their zip-locked bags.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:

> We just leave them out in the kitchen in their zip-locked bags.

The Mission low carb ones have a tendency to stick to one another when
they are at room temp.