Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default I want a cherry!

I rarely get food cravings but last night I had a dream that I was eating
cherries. Then I woke up craving one. Just one. And I don't know where I
can get just one. Our tree didn't bear this year. Unbeknownst to me, my
husband had the gardener prune it back severely. Otherwise I would have
been able to get one.

I have not seen any bulk cherries for sale. Seems they now package those
for you and you have to buy that amount.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

we have this issue with grapes... and dh just goes up to employee dejoure
and says can i get a smaller amount out of one of the bags,... if they say
es he does if they say no he says oh well i will go to another store to get
them then... if its the produce manager he usually lets him do it, should
be same for cherries, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I rarely get food cravings but last night I had a dream that I was eating
>cherries. Then I woke up craving one. Just one. And I don't know where I
>can get just one. Our tree didn't bear this year. Unbeknownst to me, my
>husband had the gardener prune it back severely. Otherwise I would have
>been able to get one.
>
> I have not seen any bulk cherries for sale. Seems they now package those
> for you and you have to buy that amount.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> we have this issue with grapes... and dh just goes up to employee dejoure
> and says can i get a smaller amount out of one of the bags,... if they say
> es he does if they say no he says oh well i will go to another store to
> get them then... if its the produce manager he usually lets him do it,
> should be same for cherries, Lee

They bag the grapes here too. Guess I'll be throwing some out soon. I
insisted that Angela eat more vegetables but she is being stubborn. I
thought fruits were the next best option. She doesn't really like those
either, although I can get her to eat canned pears a couple of times a week.
Occasionally watermelon, a banana or apple. I had her pick something out
and she picked some grapes. She'll eat them at my parent's house, but not
here.

I did get some of that fruit juice with the vegetable juice blended in. I
guess that's better than nothing. But not really what I want.

I just find it hard to believe that some people don't like most vegetables.
I love them! Just not broccoli or asparagus. Those two taste vile to me.
Although I don't mind the taste of raw broccoli so much, I just can't digest
it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

the only vegetable i don't like is cooked carrots, unless of course they are
sugar glased, they smell so hidious to me i can hardly get them past my nose
to my mouth... as for the grapes, freeze them whole, and either eat one
straight from the freezer or use them to make a smoothee in place of ice
cubes, they are oddly refreshing in a weird sorta way, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> we have this issue with grapes... and dh just goes up to employee dejoure
>> and says can i get a smaller amount out of one of the bags,... if they
>> say es he does if they say no he says oh well i will go to another store
>> to get them then... if its the produce manager he usually lets him do
>> it, should be same for cherries, Lee

> They bag the grapes here too. Guess I'll be throwing some out soon. I
> insisted that Angela eat more vegetables but she is being stubborn. I
> thought fruits were the next best option. She doesn't really like those
> either, although I can get her to eat canned pears a couple of times a
> week. Occasionally watermelon, a banana or apple. I had her pick
> something out and she picked some grapes. She'll eat them at my parent's
> house, but not here.
>
> I did get some of that fruit juice with the vegetable juice blended in. I
> guess that's better than nothing. But not really what I want.
>
> I just find it hard to believe that some people don't like most
> vegetables. I love them! Just not broccoli or asparagus. Those two taste
> vile to me. Although I don't mind the taste of raw broccoli so much, I
> just can't digest it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> the only vegetable i don't like is cooked carrots, unless of course they
> are sugar glased, they smell so hidious to me i can hardly get them past
> my nose to my mouth... as for the grapes, freeze them whole, and either
> eat one straight from the freezer or use them to make a smoothee in place
> of ice cubes, they are oddly refreshing in a weird sorta way, Lee

I can't stand frozen grapes or any food that is frozen, really. As for the
cooked carrots, while they are not my favorite vegetable, I do like them. I
do prefer them raw though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i like carrots raw but i can eat them in soup/stew with no problem but just
plain they smell like a dish rag that was set on the sink after washing
dishes and let to sour... they just reek unless they are covered with
something to kill their smell, once that is gone i can take or leave them,
Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> the only vegetable i don't like is cooked carrots, unless of course they
>> are sugar glased, they smell so hidious to me i can hardly get them past
>> my nose to my mouth... as for the grapes, freeze them whole, and either
>> eat one straight from the freezer or use them to make a smoothee in place
>> of ice cubes, they are oddly refreshing in a weird sorta way, Lee

> I can't stand frozen grapes or any food that is frozen, really. As for
> the cooked carrots, while they are not my favorite vegetable, I do like
> them. I do prefer them raw though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> i like carrots raw but i can eat them in soup/stew with no problem but
> just plain they smell like a dish rag that was set on the sink after
> washing dishes and let to sour... they just reek unless they are covered
> with something to kill their smell, once that is gone i can take or leave
> them, Lee

I have a way of making carrots that is absolutely delicious and many people
have complimented me for it.

Peel and slice the amount of carrots you want, and add one peeled and sliced
parsnip to the pot (or more if you are making rather a lot)

boil them till they are tender, then drain.

Add butter, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and some fresh chopped parsley,

toss well and serve.

Not at all boring, and the parsnips complement the flavor of the carrots
very well. The butter, salt, pepper and lemon really make the flavor pop.

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

will try this i love parsnips and the lemon will cover the smell of the
carrots, thanks, Lee
"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> i like carrots raw but i can eat them in soup/stew with no problem but
>> just plain they smell like a dish rag that was set on the sink after
>> washing dishes and let to sour... they just reek unless they are covered
>> with something to kill their smell, once that is gone i can take or leave
>> them, Lee

> I have a way of making carrots that is absolutely delicious and many
> people have complimented me for it.
>
> Peel and slice the amount of carrots you want, and add one peeled and
> sliced parsnip to the pot (or more if you are making rather a lot)
>
> boil them till they are tender, then drain.
>
> Add butter, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and some fresh chopped parsley,
>
> toss well and serve.
>
> Not at all boring, and the parsnips complement the flavor of the carrots
> very well. The butter, salt, pepper and lemon really make the flavor
> pop.
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Evelyn
>
> In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where
> one may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
>i like carrots raw but i can eat them in soup/stew with no problem but just
>plain they smell like a dish rag that was set on the sink after washing
>dishes and let to sour... they just reek unless they are covered with
>something to kill their smell, once that is gone i can take or leave them,

Hmmm... I hadn't noticed that.

One thing that my mom did used to make that I just loved was beef roast with
potatoes and carrots. She didn't use the baby ones but cut down larger
ones. I must say I didn't like the meat. That was tough and dry. But I
did love the carrots and potatoes. I don't know what she did do them. Mine
never came out like that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> i like carrots raw but i can eat them in soup/stew with no problem but
>> just plain they smell like a dish rag that was set on the sink after
>> washing dishes and let to sour... they just reek unless they are covered
>> with something to kill their smell, once that is gone i can take or leave
>> them, Lee

> I have a way of making carrots that is absolutely delicious and many
> people have complimented me for it.
>
> Peel and slice the amount of carrots you want, and add one peeled and
> sliced parsnip to the pot (or more if you are making rather a lot)
>
> boil them till they are tender, then drain.
>
> Add butter, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and some fresh chopped parsley,
>
> toss well and serve.
>
> Not at all boring, and the parsnips complement the flavor of the carrots
> very well. The butter, salt, pepper and lemon really make the flavor
> pop.

I tried parsnips once but didn't like them at all. And they spiked me. I
also don't like butter on veggies unless they are potatoes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i can eat them if they havew cooked in the meat juice and onions, and don't
feel bad i have only talked to a couple of other people that say they can
smell what i smell in the cooked carrots... my sister says asparagus reeks
to her but i don't notice that one at all, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>i like carrots raw but i can eat them in soup/stew with no problem but
>>just plain they smell like a dish rag that was set on the sink after
>>washing dishes and let to sour... they just reek unless they are covered
>>with something to kill their smell, once that is gone i can take or leave
>>them,

> Hmmm... I hadn't noticed that.
>
> One thing that my mom did used to make that I just loved was beef roast
> with potatoes and carrots. She didn't use the baby ones but cut down
> larger ones. I must say I didn't like the meat. That was tough and dry.
> But I did love the carrots and potatoes. I don't know what she did do
> them. Mine never came out like that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

butter is a weakness for me, i can eat a stick of it like a candy bar, so i
only use it in recipes like this one, parsnips are like turnips, you must
cook them properly or they are rough, but if they spike you no go no matter
how good they are, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>> i like carrots raw but i can eat them in soup/stew with no problem but
>>> just plain they smell like a dish rag that was set on the sink after
>>> washing dishes and let to sour... they just reek unless they are covered
>>> with something to kill their smell, once that is gone i can take or
>>> leave them, Lee

>> I have a way of making carrots that is absolutely delicious and many
>> people have complimented me for it.
>>
>> Peel and slice the amount of carrots you want, and add one peeled and
>> sliced parsnip to the pot (or more if you are making rather a lot)
>>
>> boil them till they are tender, then drain.
>>
>> Add butter, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and some fresh chopped parsley,
>>
>> toss well and serve.
>>
>> Not at all boring, and the parsnips complement the flavor of the carrots
>> very well. The butter, salt, pepper and lemon really make the flavor
>> pop.

> I tried parsnips once but didn't like them at all. And they spiked me. I
> also don't like butter on veggies unless they are potatoes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
>i can eat them if they havew cooked in the meat juice and onions, and don't
>feel bad i have only talked to a couple of other people that say they can
>smell what i smell in the cooked carrots... my sister says asparagus reeks
>to her but i don't notice that one at all, Lee

I can not stand the smell of cooked asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower or
Brussels sprouts. If those things come on my plate, I have to remove them
or I can't eat. They just gag me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> butter is a weakness for me, i can eat a stick of it like a candy bar, so
> i only use it in recipes like this one, parsnips are like turnips, you
> must cook them properly or they are rough, but if they spike you no go no
> matter how good they are, Lee

When I was a kid, I always said when I grew up, I wanted to eat a whole
stick of butter. Little did I know what we had in our house wasn't butter.
It was Blue Bonnet Margarine.

Then I got a pat of rancid butter in a restaurant and decided I hated real
butter! I only started using the real stuff as an adult when my husband
insisted it was all that his mom used. Then I found out that she only
really bought butter once every few years for Christmas baking.

I also thought I hated Mayo. Turns out what I hated was Miracle Whip. My
mom called it Mayo.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

its so interesting to me, there does seem to be groupings of foods people
like/dispise, there is something i think in the gene pool to do with this,
no proof or anything just a "feeling" as i discuss vegetables with different
people it seems that if one dislikes one thing in the group you listed they
generally dislike all of them, my sister is the exception, but most are like
you, but what about cabbage? Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>i can eat them if they havew cooked in the meat juice and onions, and
>>don't feel bad i have only talked to a couple of other people that say
>>they can smell what i smell in the cooked carrots... my sister says
>>asparagus reeks to her but i don't notice that one at all, Lee

> I can not stand the smell of cooked asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower or
> Brussels sprouts. If those things come on my plate, I have to remove them
> or I can't eat. They just gag me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

as a small child we used real churned butter for the most part, as we got
older mom used parkay and shed spread, that stuff is hidious, i still use
parkay when we splurge and make kraft m/c i prefer unsalted real butter but
mostly use butter spray, dh prefers salted butter, and will do without
before using most margarines, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> butter is a weakness for me, i can eat a stick of it like a candy bar, so
>> i only use it in recipes like this one, parsnips are like turnips, you
>> must cook them properly or they are rough, but if they spike you no go no
>> matter how good they are, Lee

> When I was a kid, I always said when I grew up, I wanted to eat a whole
> stick of butter. Little did I know what we had in our house wasn't
> butter. It was Blue Bonnet Margarine.
>
> Then I got a pat of rancid butter in a restaurant and decided I hated real
> butter! I only started using the real stuff as an adult when my husband
> insisted it was all that his mom used. Then I found out that she only
> really bought butter once every few years for Christmas baking.
>
> I also thought I hated Mayo. Turns out what I hated was Miracle Whip. My
> mom called it Mayo.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> its so interesting to me, there does seem to be groupings of foods people
> like/dispise, there is something i think in the gene pool to do with this,
> no proof or anything just a "feeling" as i discuss vegetables with
> different people it seems that if one dislikes one thing in the group you
> listed they generally dislike all of them, my sister is the exception, but
> most are like you, but what about cabbage? Lee

That's another bad one! Had a neighbor who made corned beef and cabbage
every Friday. The scent permeated my apartment and sickened me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i was wondering why it wasn't on your list, lol, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> its so interesting to me, there does seem to be groupings of foods people
>> like/dispise, there is something i think in the gene pool to do with
>> this, no proof or anything just a "feeling" as i discuss vegetables with
>> different people it seems that if one dislikes one thing in the group you
>> listed they generally dislike all of them, my sister is the exception,
>> but most are like you, but what about cabbage? Lee

> That's another bad one! Had a neighbor who made corned beef and cabbage
> every Friday. The scent permeated my apartment and sickened me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
>i was wondering why it wasn't on your list, lol, Lee

I'm just brain dead. Got all sorts of problems, including heat rash.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

heat rash sucks!!! i got sunburn on my arm from travelling and where the
sunburnstops the heat rash starts... i feel your pain, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>i was wondering why it wasn't on your list, lol, Lee

> I'm just brain dead. Got all sorts of problems, including heat rash.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> heat rash sucks!!! i got sunburn on my arm from travelling and where the
> sunburnstops the heat rash starts... i feel your pain, Lee

My sunburn has cleared. I try not to go outside much. But we went to a
small zoo and then a park last week. I was the only one who got burned.
Just on the back of my neck.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i avoid the direct sunlight as there is a history of skin cancer in my
famly, my arm got burnt because i was hot, took off my jacket, and fell
asleep with my arm in the window of the truck. Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> heat rash sucks!!! i got sunburn on my arm from travelling and where the
>> sunburnstops the heat rash starts... i feel your pain, Lee

> My sunburn has cleared. I try not to go outside much. But we went to a
> small zoo and then a park last week. I was the only one who got burned.
> Just on the back of my neck.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> Not at all boring, and the parsnips complement the flavor of the carrots
> very well. The butter, salt, pepper and lemon really make the flavor
> pop.
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Evelyn

Good luck. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

We don't go anywhere without SunBlock on . I did enough damage to my skin
when I was a teenager....hopefully I won't damage it anymore. I have found
powder with cornstarch helps heat rash outbreaks.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> heat rash sucks!!! i got sunburn on my arm from travelling and where the
>> sunburnstops the heat rash starts... i feel your pain, Lee

> My sunburn has cleared. I try not to go outside much. But we went to a
> small zoo and then a park last week. I was the only one who got burned.
> Just on the back of my neck.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
> We don't go anywhere without SunBlock on . I did enough damage to my skin
> when I was a teenager....hopefully I won't damage it anymore. I have found
> powder with cornstarch helps heat rash outbreaks.

I won't use sunblock. It wrecks havoc with my skin and the more I read
about it, the more dangerous I think it is.

I used to use powder but can't stand the feel of it. And from the reading I
was doing, if you have big breasts like I do, it just makes a goopy mess
underneath. I did try medicated powder last night and indeed that is what I
got. A big goopy mess.

Cherry sunnygirl General Cooking 0 02-11-2009 04:57 AM
Cherry Pie Pennyaline[_7_] General Cooking 22 23-07-2008 08:04 PM
Cherry Yum Yum Scooch Recipes (moderated) 0 25-10-2007 03:55 AM
For the Guy With Extra Cherry Tomatoes - Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes ~patches~ General Cooking 5 23-08-2005 08:55 PM
Is sour cherry wine better than sweet cherry wine? Ray Winemaking 13 13-07-2004 08:08 PM