Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default low carb waffles

all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a thing as
a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i thought about this
i came to the conclusion that probably french toast is as close with low
carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes? prepared mix brands you
trust?

Lee

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Stormmee wrote:
> all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a thing as
> a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i thought about this
> i came to the conclusion that probably french toast is as close with low
> carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes? prepared mix brands you
> trust?
>
> Lee

Maple Grove Farms , makes a "sugar-free" pancake mix that is also low in
carbs. It would make great waffles.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Stormmee wrote:
>> all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a thing
>> as a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i thought
>> about this i came to the conclusion that probably french toast is as
>> close with low carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes? prepared
>> mix brands you trust?
>>
>> Lee

> Maple Grove Farms , makes a "sugar-free" pancake mix that is also low in
> carbs. It would make great waffles.

And if you Google, there are a lot of recipes, some he

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/low_carb.asp

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a thing
> as a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i thought about
> this i came to the conclusion that probably french toast is as close with
> low carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes? prepared mix brands
> you trust?

I have seen recipes for pancakes using cottage cheese. I never tried them.
And you could probably use almond meal or low carb flour.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a thing
> as a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i thought
> about this i came to the conclusion that probably french toast is as
> close with low carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes? prepared
> mix brands you trust?

Carbquik (a mix - what I use) or Carbalose (loe carb flour - same company).

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, have saved this, Lee
"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Stormmee wrote:
>> all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a thing
>> as a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i thought
>> about this i came to the conclusion that probably french toast is as
>> close with low carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes? prepared
>> mix brands you trust?
>>
>> Lee

> Maple Grove Farms , makes a "sugar-free" pancake mix that is also low in
> carbs. It would make great waffles.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, i can/do google, but i always like a "tested" recipe first i am
pretty lazy, we have been going through a google list of regular waffles and
have been sorely disapointed so far, i will save this link, Lee
"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Stormmee wrote:
>>> all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a
>>> thing as a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i
>>> thought about this i came to the conclusion that probably french toast
>>> is as close with low carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes?
>>> prepared mix brands you trust?
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Maple Grove Farms , makes a "sugar-free" pancake mix that is also low in
>> carbs. It would make great waffles.

> And if you Google, there are a lot of recipes, some he
>
> http://www.mrbreakfast.com/low_carb.asp
>
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a thing
>> as a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i thought
>> about this i came to the conclusion that probably french toast is as
>> close with low carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes? prepared
>> mix brands you trust?

> I have seen recipes for pancakes using cottage cheese. I never tried
> them. And you could probably use almond meal or low carb flour.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thanks, I guess i shouldn't tell you i like them with bananas on top, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> all of the talk about i hop makes me wonder if there even is such a thing
>> as a low carb pancake or waffle ... i was wondering and as i thought
>> about this i came to the conclusion that probably french toast is as
>> close with low carb bread, as one could get? comments? recipes? prepared
>> mix brands you trust?

> Carbquik (a mix - what I use) or Carbalose (loe carb flour - same
> company).
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops
> http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Stormmee wrote:
> I am making a list to see if i can find any of these, Lee

My local supermarket has the Maple Grove Farms. It can't be that hard to
find elsewhere if the HEB in way-the-heck-south Texas has it.

Janet,

Waiting our Alex.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i will start looking when the next round of shopping starts... please stay
safe and let us know you are ok as soon as you can, Lee
"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Stormmee wrote:
>> I am making a list to see if i can find any of these, Lee

> My local supermarket has the Maple Grove Farms. It can't be that hard to
> find elsewhere if the HEB in way-the-heck-south Texas has it.
>
> Janet,
>
> Waiting our Alex.
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> thanks, I guess i shouldn't tell you i like them with bananas on top, Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> [ . . . ]

Go ahead. Rub it in! If you're happy, I'm happy for you. ;-)

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I ordered some online...then went shopping and guess what I found ...Maple
Farms No Sugar Pancake and waffle mix....LOL I'm taking a box to my Sons
when we go visit next month...he always makes waffles and I have to turn
them down...now he can make me a special waffle...

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Stormmee wrote:
>> I am making a list to see if i can find any of these, Lee

> My local supermarket has the Maple Grove Farms. It can't be that hard to
> find elsewhere if the HEB in way-the-heck-south Texas has it.
>
> Janet,
>
> Waiting our Alex.
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

great news, Lee
"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
>I ordered some online...then went shopping and guess what I found ...Maple
>Farms No Sugar Pancake and waffle mix....LOL I'm taking a box to my Sons
>when we go visit next month...he always makes waffles and I have to turn
>them down...now he can make me a special waffle...
>

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Stormmee wrote:
>>> I am making a list to see if i can find any of these, Lee

>> My local supermarket has the Maple Grove Farms. It can't be that hard to
>> find elsewhere if the HEB in way-the-heck-south Texas has it.
>>
>> Janet,
>>
>> Waiting our Alex.
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:23:05 -0700, "Jacquie"
> > wrote:
>
>> I ordered some online...then went shopping and guess what I found ...Maple
>> Farms No Sugar Pancake and waffle mix....LOL I'm taking a box to my Sons
>> when we go visit next month...he always makes waffles and I have to turn
>> them down...now he can make me a special waffle...

> Would this be it:
> http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ugar_free.html
>
> One-Third Cup Dry Mix Contains:
> 120 Calories
> 6 grams net carbs (11 grams of carbs minus 5 grams of fiber)
> 15 grams protein
> 210 mg sodium
> No cholesterol
> No Trans-fats
> 2.5 grams total fat
>
> I think I'd be a little cautious first time I tried that; be sure to
> test. There may be no sugar but that is a significant carb count (how
> many waffles would 1/3 cup make?) and individual reactions to net-carb
> fibre subtraction can vary quite a lot.

Alan,

My DH tolerates this mix very well. He did not tolerate Carb Quick. I
use the measurements on the box for 2 servings and do the math.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"KROM" > wrote:

> that mix of more combined protein and fiber would generally work for me as
> well...dreamfeilds used to but hasn't lately and the taste and texture has
> changed so I'm betting they stopped using the expensive "ancient grains" the
> once did that didn't spike me...

Oooh! Maybe I won't get diarrhea from them Dreamfields anymore. But
I'm happy with Carba Nada, so I'm not going to bother to try.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I see netrition and amazon has carba-nadda...no local stores do sadly.

It's soy based so I couldn't eat it a lot..soy is estrogenic which for men
will add to IR and body fat gain and if eaten enough..um...a bigger chestial
area..lol.

I am looking into those miracle noodles that was mentioned in the main
group...not them but a mix of that and tofu called tofu shirataki is
supposed to be pretty good..the reg ones are like eating unflavored rubber
bands from what I've read the tofu mixed ones are supposed to be decent with
many shapes and appear to be in my local mega mart so ill see if they have
them today.

quinoa seems to be fine for my pasta/rice cravings which I have a lot less
of these days anyhoo.

KROM
'

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "KROM" > wrote:
>
>> that mix of more combined protein and fiber would generally work for me
>> as
>> well...dreamfeilds used to but hasn't lately and the taste and texture
>> has
>> changed so I'm betting they stopped using the expensive "ancient grains"
>> the
>> once did that didn't spike me...

> Oooh! Maybe I won't get diarrhea from them Dreamfields anymore. But
> I'm happy with Carba Nada, so I'm not going to bother to try.
>
> PP
> --
> "What you fail to understand is that criticising established authority by
> means
> of argument and evidence is a crucial aspect of how science works."
> - Chris
> Malcolm

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> yes but here's the thing..most food we eat that don't contain corn fillers
> use soy...so I get a lot of soy in my diet without adding extra.
>
> but yes eating that pasta once or twice a week wont hurt me...I hope...lol
>
> I just like to be aware and its something another reader might not know or
> consider
>
> for example obese men have high estrogen levels due to the fat
> storage..add to that all the soy we get in ice creams etc it could be
> problematic.
>
> for me I body build..naturally..I want to keep my test levels as high as I
> can so I will stress that's its MY personal deal to avoid to much
> soy..others peoples bodies their experiment as people have said many
> times.

Avoiding soy is really hard. It's everywhere! I learned this when Angela
was allergic to it. Luckily she outgrew that allergy.

I learned that most restaurants use soybean oil, at least in their fryers.
For most people that form of it isn't considered an allergen. Neither is
soy lecithin and that's in everything but in minute amounts. So I am okay
with those things in those forms. I do not usually buy prepared foods that
contain soybean oil, but every once in a while I do. I prefer to look for
other brands that contain a different form of oil. But Angela loves the
Tostitos Scoops so I do let her have those.

What I don't buy any more is miso, edemame (sp?), or anything that has soy
protein in it. Angela was begging me for some Special K diet drinks and I
wouldn't allow her to have them. For two reasons. The soy was one. And
the other was I know if she had it she wouldn't use it as a meal replacement
but in addition to some other food. And that sort of defeats the purpose.

I used to eat tons of meat replacement patties containing soy. Now I buy
some with black beans instead. I used to roast my own soy beans for snacks.
No more. And I used to bring Tiger's Milk bars to work. No more.

Low carb, practically no carb real fried chicken. ImStillMags General Cooking 33 03-07-2014 09:06 AM
Waffles Dimitri General Cooking 22 03-12-2008 05:05 PM
More Waffles! Wayne Boatwright[_4_] General Cooking 7 12-04-2008 07:29 PM
JFK Waffles [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 18-01-2004 01:29 PM