Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Artichoke update

OK, so I decided to just boil the artichokes, so I trimmed off all the tips,
sliced off the very tops, and cleaned up the stems with a vegetable peeler,
and just boiled them in salted water, planning to serve them with a dip of
some kind ultimately.

As I was throwing away the bag they came in, I noticed a recipe that sounds
REALLY good, and I will try it next time, but I wanted to share it with you.
This was included in a plastic card right inside the bag!

"No Fuss" Easy Baked Artichokes

For EACH artichoke you will need;

1 Whole artichoke, rinsed and trimmed
2 cloves of fresh garlic, sliced into several slices.
The juice from 1/2 a lemon
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of broth
Heavy duty aluminum foil

Prep;

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Spread the petals of the artichoke to season.
squeeze the lemon juice, drizzle olive oil and broth and stuff the garlic
bits in between.
Sprinkle with the salt.
Tightly double wrap each artichoke in heavy duty foil.
Bake medium sized chokes for 60 minutes, large ones for 90 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool before unwrapping.

They included a website where there are more recipes.

oceanmist.com

This sounds so good I am sorry I didn't search the bag more thoroughly
before I started boiling them!
--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries.
Without them humanity cannot survive."
-- His Holiness, the Dalai Lama

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 3 May 2010 07:59:47 -0400, "Evelyn" >
wrote:

>"No Fuss" Easy Baked Artichokes
>
>For EACH artichoke you will need;
>
>1 Whole artichoke, rinsed and trimmed
>2 cloves of fresh garlic, sliced into several slices.
>The juice from 1/2 a lemon
>2 tablespoons of olive oil
>1/2 teaspoon of salt
>3 tablespoons of broth
>Heavy duty aluminum foil
>
>Prep;
>
>Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
>Spread the petals of the artichoke to season.
>squeeze the lemon juice, drizzle olive oil and broth and stuff the garlic
>bits in between.
>Sprinkle with the salt.
>Tightly double wrap each artichoke in heavy duty foil.
>Bake medium sized chokes for 60 minutes, large ones for 90 minutes.
>Remove from oven and allow to cool before unwrapping.
>
>They included a website where there are more recipes.
>
>oceanmist.com
>
>This sounds so good I am sorry I didn't search the bag more thoroughly
>before I started boiling them!

Mmmm! yeah! Bet they'd be really good thrown on the BBQ too!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

smokey Joe's, a chain here in the midwest sometimes has them on the menu as
smoked/grilled depending on the offering, Lee

artichoke sub Gus[_3_] General Cooking 1 05-08-2014 12:43 AM
Artichoke Dip Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 19-08-2007 05:13 PM
Artichoke Dip Monique Recipes (moderated) 0 28-09-2006 04:57 AM
REC Hot Artichoke Dip(s) S'mee General Cooking 7 20-11-2005 05:39 AM
LC-REC - Artichoke Dip Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 18 08-02-2005 09:09 AM