Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

This is a book by Barbara Kingsolver. Apparently she has written other
books which my mom says are good. I don't know what they are about. This
one is about moving to a farm in the Appalachian Mountains and eating
locally and organically. Most of the food was stuff they grew themselves.
It's a very good book and has some good sounding recipes in it. I plan to
make a chicken dish for Easter.

I found the recipes online he

http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/Recipes.html

Yes, I know not all are suitable for diabetics. But it does tell you how to
make your own cheese.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mar 30, 4:02*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> This is a book by Barbara Kingsolver. *Apparently she has written other
> books which my mom says are good. *I don't know what they are about. *This
> one is about moving to a farm in the Appalachian Mountains and eating
> locally and organically. *Most of the food was stuff they grew themselves.
> It's a very good book and has some good sounding recipes in it. *I plan to
> make a chicken dish for Easter.
>
> I found the recipes online he
>
> http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/Recipes.html
>
> Yes, I know not all are suitable for diabetics. *But it does tell you how to
> make your own cheese.

I read this book and loved it. Last spring, I used newspaper mulch in
the garden after reading how she did it.

I've enjoyed her other books, especially The Bean Trees and High Tide
in Tucson.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ricavito" > wrote in message
On Mar 30, 4:02 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> This is a book by Barbara Kingsolver. Apparently she has written other
> books which my mom says are good. I don't know what they are about. This
> one is about moving to a farm in the Appalachian Mountains and eating
> locally and organically. Most of the food was stuff they grew themselves.
> It's a very good book and has some good sounding recipes in it. I plan to
> make a chicken dish for Easter.
>
> I found the recipes online he
>
> http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/Recipes.html
>
> Yes, I know not all are suitable for diabetics. But it does tell you how
> make your own cheese.

I read this book and loved it. Last spring, I used newspaper mulch in
the garden after reading how she did it.

I've enjoyed her other books, especially The Bean Trees and High Tide
in Tucson.

-----

Hmmm... I may have read The Bean Trees. The name sounds familiar.