Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Corned Beef and Cabbage

I decided to make this today, it's starting to smell good. Later I will add
cabbage, a few small red potatoes and carrots for my DH. I also made 1/2 of
a recipe for soda bread for him. We're not Irish that we know of, but could
be a bit on both sides I suppose. Anyway, tomorrow I will have some sliced
corned beef and swiss cheese for lunch. I don't like the seasoning that
comes with it, but I sure do like it without the seasoning packet. Happy St.
Patrick's Day everyone.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> I decided to make this today, it's starting to smell good. Later I
> will add cabbage, a few small red potatoes and carrots for my DH. I
> also made 1/2 of a recipe for soda bread for him. We're not Irish
> that we know of, but could be a bit on both sides I suppose. Anyway,
> tomorrow I will have some sliced corned beef and swiss cheese for
> lunch. I don't like the seasoning that comes with it, but I sure do
> like it without the seasoning packet. Happy St. Patrick's Day
> everyone.
> Cheri

Not sure what this seasoning packet is that you talk of Traditionally
(when we had corned beef growing up) we had boiled corned beef (usually with
onion, celery, cloves and bay leaves) and sides were cabbage, carrots, and
mashed potato. White parsley sauce was used. Here is a recipe that is pretty
close to what we had.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/9702/corned+beef

Don't recall ever using the peppercorns or turnips. Cabbage of course was
used instead of beans. We never used garlic in anything. First time I used
garlic personally was when I was first married.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> I decided to make this today, it's starting to smell good. Later I
> will add cabbage, a few small red potatoes and carrots for my DH. I
> also made 1/2 of a recipe for soda bread for him. We're not Irish
> that we know of, but could be a bit on both sides I suppose. Anyway,
> tomorrow I will have some sliced corned beef and swiss cheese for
> lunch. I don't like the seasoning that comes with it, but I sure do
> like it without the seasoning packet. Happy St. Patrick's Day
> everyone.
> Cheri

Oh and leftovers... I love an open sandwich on rye with lettuce, then tomato
slices, topped with the corned beef spread with some wholegrain mustard.
Eaten with a knife and for of course. Back in the days leftovers were made
into fritters. Bite sized slices of the beef mixed into fritter batter and
cooked. Delicious with tomato sauce (ketchup)!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> Don't recall ever using the peppercorns or turnips. Cabbage of course was
> used instead of beans. We never used garlic in anything. First time I used
> garlic personally was when I was first married.

It's a packet of what I believe are pretty close to pickling spices with bay
leaves. I hate it when they cook corned beef with that packet.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
>> Don't recall ever using the peppercorns or turnips. Cabbage of
>> course was used instead of beans. We never used garlic in anything.
>> First time I used garlic personally was when I was first married.

> It's a packet of what I believe are pretty close to pickling spices
> with bay leaves. I hate it when they cook corned beef with that
> packet.
> Cheri

Ah ok, I would probably use the packet

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Don't recall ever using the peppercorns or turnips. Cabbage of
>>> course was used instead of beans. We never used garlic in anything.
>>> First time I used garlic personally was when I was first married.

>> It's a packet of what I believe are pretty close to pickling spices
>> with bay leaves. I hate it when they cook corned beef with that
>> packet.
>> Cheri

> Ah ok, I would probably use the packet

I always use the packet. It has coriander and bay leaf and other
interesting spices.

--

Evelyn

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy" His Holiness, the Dalai Lama

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: Cheri wrote:
[...]

I never saw a flavor or spice packet, just some pickling spice on the beef
in the cryovac package it is sold in. I rinsed mine adn put it in a large
pot with water to cover well and a large onion. When it was mostly
cooked I put in big carrot chunks and boiling potatoes, with the cabbage
going in only about 10 minutes before finishing. I had prepared resch
beets(beetroot) the day before and dunken them in the water AFTER removing
the meat and other vegetables so they wouldn't bleed all over them, I
served this hot, with mustard and my granddaughter who had never had an of
this bfore liked the meat, potatoes and cabbage(she is not big on carrots)
and even had seconds on the beets! I hand't made this for years and it
was a great hit with the family.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
> Ozgirl > wrote:
>> Cheri wrote:
>>> I decided to make this today, it's starting to smell good. Later I
>>> will add cabbage, a few small red potatoes and carrots for my DH. I
>>> also made 1/2 of a recipe for soda bread for him. We're not Irish
>>> that we know of, but could be a bit on both sides I suppose. Anyway,
>>> tomorrow I will have some sliced corned beef and swiss cheese for
>>> lunch. I don't like the seasoning that comes with it, but I sure do
>>> like it without the seasoning packet. Happy St. Patrick's Day
>>> everyone.
>>> Cheri

>> Not sure what this seasoning packet is that you talk of
>> Traditionally (when we had corned beef growing up) we had boiled
>> corned beef (usually with onion, celery, cloves and bay leaves) and
>> sides were cabbage, carrots, and mashed potato. White parsley sauce
>> was used. Here is a recipe that is pretty close to what we had.

>> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/9702/corned+beef

>> Don't recall ever using the peppercorns or turnips. Cabbage of
>> course was used instead of beans. We never used garlic in anything.
>> First time I used garlic personally was when I was first married.

> I never saw a flavor or spice packet, just some pickling spice on the
> beef in the cryovac package it is sold in. I rinsed mine adn put it
> in a large pot with water to cover well and a large onion. When it
> was mostly cooked I put in big carrot chunks and boiling potatoes,
> with the cabbage going in only about 10 minutes before finishing. I
> had prepared resch beets(beetroot) the day before and dunken them in
> the water AFTER removing the meat and other vegetables so they
> wouldn't bleed all over them, I served this hot, with mustard and my
> granddaughter who had never had an of this bfore liked the meat,
> potatoes and cabbage(she is not big on carrots) and even had seconds
> on the beets! I hand't made this for years and it was a great hit
> with the family.
>
> Wendy

I have never bought corned beef in any way other than fresh from the
butcher, usually sitting in a shallow dish of pickling brine. So these
sachet flavourings etc are a new thing for me to hear about. The last time I
bought corned beef I roasted it, wonderful flavoursome result.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> Cheri wrote:

>>> It's a packet of what I believe are pretty close to pickling spices
>>> with bay leaves. I hate it when they cook corned beef with that
>>> packet.
>>> Cheri

>> Ah ok, I would probably use the packet

> I always use the packet. It has coriander and bay leaf and other
> interesting spices.

Arrrrrrrrrgh.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> I have never bought corned beef in any way other than fresh from the
> butcher, usually sitting in a shallow dish of pickling brine. So these
> sachet flavourings etc are a new thing for me to hear about. The last time
> I bought corned beef I roasted it, wonderful flavoursome result.

If I was you, I wouldn't want to hear about them ever again. They are
downright nasty to me, but YMMV. LOL

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 18/03/2010 9:24 AM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Cheri wrote:
>> I decided to make this today, it's starting to smell good. Later I
>> will add cabbage, a few small red potatoes and carrots for my DH. I
>> also made 1/2 of a recipe for soda bread for him. We're not Irish
>> that we know of, but could be a bit on both sides I suppose. Anyway,
>> tomorrow I will have some sliced corned beef and swiss cheese for
>> lunch. I don't like the seasoning that comes with it, but I sure do
>> like it without the seasoning packet. Happy St. Patrick's Day
>> everyone.
>> Cheri

> Oh and leftovers... I love an open sandwich on rye with lettuce, then tomato
> slices, topped with the corned beef spread with some wholegrain mustard.
> Eaten with a knife and for of course. Back in the days

Tuesday actually :-)

leftovers were made
> into fritters. Bite sized slices of the beef mixed into fritter batter and
> cooked. Delicious with tomato sauce (ketchup)!

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: W. Baker wrote:
: > Ozgirl > wrote:
: >> Cheri wrote:
: >>> I decided to make this today, it's starting to smell good. Later I
: >>> will add cabbage, a few small red potatoes and carrots for my DH. I
: >>> also made 1/2 of a recipe for soda bread for him. We're not Irish
: >>> that we know of, but could be a bit on both sides I suppose. Anyway,
: >>> tomorrow I will have some sliced corned beef and swiss cheese for
: >>> lunch. I don't like the seasoning that comes with it, but I sure do
: >>> like it without the seasoning packet. Happy St. Patrick's Day
: >>> everyone.
: >>> Cheri
: >
[...]

I have never seen on either. the cryovac packet are he way my on-line
butcher delivers all the meat you order. Inside he bag was the meat in a
little brine with all the pickling spices.

My brother used to rost corned beef and found it a great dish for a casual
party.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mar 19, 11:09*am, "W. Baker" > wrote:

> Cross rib is not a part of the tender rib roast, but a lean, beefy cut
> that can be either dry(roast beef) or wet(pot roast) *cooked. *I usually
> dry roast it although it can be tough so be sure, if you do this, to cook
> it only to rare or medium and slice it thin, with a sharp knife. *It is
> not always tough so you might be lucky.
>
> If you want to slow cook it, remember it is both very lean and not full of
> all the collagen that gets meltingly broken down in slow cooking. *I wold
> use *a can of tomatoes, and some red wine aong with the vegetables to make
> a good tasting pot roast. *

Ah, very helpful info Wendy, thanks. I may go the pressure cooker
route since slow cooking isn't likely to get it to that melty stage.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mar 19, 7:54*am, Susan > wrote:

> If you have a very lean piece of meat unlikely to be good as a dry
> roast, I'd braise it and make pot roast. *My favorite way to do it is
> this recipe, but I skip the sour cream and horseradish, just do the
> reduction:
>
> >http://recipe.aol.com/recipe/braised...-wild-mushroom...

> I've used it with short ribs, rump roast, brisket, chuck roast.
>
> A slow cooker is a great way to do this, but you should coat it lightly
> in seasoned flour first, and brown it on all sides before putting in the
> slow cooker. *Then reduce the liquid on the stove top after it's done.

Thanks Susan, I want to try brining but I think I will try it on a
chicken. My husband would like the horseradish/sour cream in the
reduction, so I might try that for something different.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mar 18, 11:08*pm, "Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Here's how you corn meat:
>
> http://blogs.slq.qld.gov.au/atourtab...-to-corn-beef/

Thanks Ozgirl, now that is a very interesting recipe with the vinegar
and brown sugar, and it sounds quite good. I would imagine it would
great for venison too. It reminds me of the venison I had as a child
that would be marinaded for days in some kind of Coca Cola mixture.

I would be more apt to try it in the winter though--it's getting too
warm here now not to refrigerate meat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ricavito" > wrote in message

I would be more apt to try it in the winter though--it's getting too
warm here now not to refrigerate meat.

============

It's starting to warm up big time in the San Joaquin Valley where I am. I
hate the heat, and it's right around the corner. In shorts today after
coming back from my walk. Here, we are still doing left overs with the
corned beef and cabbage. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article
Ricavito > wrote:

> On Mar 18, 11:08*pm, "Ozgirl" > wrote:
> > Here's how you corn meat:
> >
> > http://blogs.slq.qld.gov.au/atourtab...-to-corn-beef/
> >

> Thanks Ozgirl, now that is a very interesting recipe with the vinegar
> and brown sugar, and it sounds quite good. I would imagine it would
> great for venison too. It reminds me of the venison I had as a child
> that would be marinaded for days in some kind of Coca Cola mixture.
>
> I would be more apt to try it in the winter though--it's getting too
> warm here now not to refrigerate meat.

Frugal Gourmet in the day. Lots of sugar but you can get by with using
very little.

Frugal BBQ Sauce

1 Cup Tomatoe Paste
1/2 Cup Wostershire
1/4 Cup Liquid Smoke
1/4 Cup White Vinegar
1/2 Cup Mustard Prepared
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3 Cups beef stock
1t red pepper
1T Chile Powder

Simmer 2 hours

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
<http://www.globalissues.org/article/75/world-military-spending>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ricavito wrote:
> On Mar 19, 11:09 am, "W. Baker" > wrote:
>

>> Cross rib is not a part of the tender rib roast, but a lean, beefy
>> cut that can be either dry(roast beef) or wet(pot roast) cooked. I
>> usually dry roast it although it can be tough so be sure, if you do
>> this, to cook it only to rare or medium and slice it thin, with a
>> sharp knife. It is not always tough so you might be lucky.
>>
>> If you want to slow cook it, remember it is both very lean and not
>> full of all the collagen that gets meltingly broken down in slow
>> cooking. I wold use a can of tomatoes, and some red wine aong with
>> the vegetables to make a good tasting pot roast.
>>

> Ah, very helpful info Wendy, thanks. I may go the pressure cooker
> route since slow cooking isn't likely to get it to that melty stage.

I have slow cooked lean meat with success re tenderness. I am with Wendy
though, I'd be more inclined to roast that cut. We are having chuck steak
slow cooked tomorrow night. Was supposed to be tonight but I forgot to
defrost it and its now nearly 9am.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ricavito wrote:
> On Mar 18, 11:08 pm, "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> Here's how you corn meat:
>>
>> http://blogs.slq.qld.gov.au/atourtab...-to-corn-beef/
>>

> Thanks Ozgirl, now that is a very interesting recipe with the vinegar
> and brown sugar, and it sounds quite good. I would imagine it would
> great for venison too. It reminds me of the venison I had as a child
> that would be marinaded for days in some kind of Coca Cola mixture.
>
> I would be more apt to try it in the winter though--it's getting too
> warm here now not to refrigerate meat.

its very much a traditional recipe. It will get deep into the meat to give
it that unusual pinky/red tinge and the different taste to normal beef. I
recently saw deli corned beef that was the same colour as the regular deli
roast beef. I seriously doubt it had been corned in the manner of my recipe.
Tradional corned meat is traditionally boiled to cook.

I have mentioned I have roasted corned beef before but I have also roasted
pickled pork. Now that is a flavour sensation Delicious with cranberry
sauce rather than apple. Not sure what types of corned meats you have
available in your area, pickled/corned meats are still fairly easy to get in
Oz.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Bill who putters wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Ricavito > wrote:
>
>> On Mar 18, 11:08 pm, "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>>> Here's how you corn meat:
>>>
>>> http://blogs.slq.qld.gov.au/atourtab...-to-corn-beef/
>>>

>> Thanks Ozgirl, now that is a very interesting recipe with the vinegar
>> and brown sugar, and it sounds quite good. I would imagine it would
>> great for venison too. It reminds me of the venison I had as a child
>> that would be marinaded for days in some kind of Coca Cola mixture.
>>
>> I would be more apt to try it in the winter though--it's getting too
>> warm here now not to refrigerate meat.

> Frugal Gourmet in the day. Lots of sugar but you can get by with
> using very little.

> Frugal BBQ Sauce
>
> 1 Cup Tomatoe Paste
> 1/2 Cup Wostershire
> 1/4 Cup Liquid Smoke
> 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
> 1/2 Cup Mustard Prepared
> 1 Cup Sugar
> 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
> 3 Cups beef stock
> 1t red pepper
> 1T Chile Powder
>
> Simmer 2 hours

As I have mentioned before I am not sure if we get liquid smoke here. But
the recipe sounds good On my birthday recently one of my sons took me to
our local tavern. I had Texas style BBQ pork ribs. I have to say I have
never had pork ribs that good in my entire life. The bbq style sauce was out
of this world (problem the secret to the excellence of the pork ribs, lol).
Considering it was probably also laced with some kind of sugar it had little
effect on my bg. Not saying I didn't get a rise but it was an acceptable
rise. I tested first in the restaurant as I get a rather rapid response to
sugary foods. I did make sure to wash my hands though. I was almost covered
on the sauce

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Bill who putters wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>> Ricavito > wrote:

>>> Thanks Ozgirl, now that is a very interesting recipe with the vinegar
>>> and brown sugar, and it sounds quite good. I would imagine it would
>>> great for venison too. It reminds me of the venison I had as a child
>>> that would be marinaded for days in some kind of Coca Cola mixture.
>>>
>>> I would be more apt to try it in the winter though--it's getting too
>>> warm here now not to refrigerate meat.

>> Frugal Gourmet in the day. Lots of sugar but you can get by with
>> using very little.

>> Frugal BBQ Sauce
>>
>> 1 Cup Tomatoe Paste
>> 1/2 Cup Wostershire
>> 1/4 Cup Liquid Smoke
>> 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
>> 1/2 Cup Mustard Prepared
>> 1 Cup Sugar
>> 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
>> 3 Cups beef stock
>> 1t red pepper
>> 1T Chile Powder
>>
>> Simmer 2 hours

> As I have mentioned before I am not sure if we get liquid smoke here. But
> the recipe sounds good On my birthday recently one of my sons took me
> to our local tavern. I had Texas style BBQ pork ribs. I have to say I have
> never had pork ribs that good in my entire life. The bbq style sauce was
> out of this world (problem the secret to the excellence of the pork ribs,
> lol). Considering it was probably also laced with some kind of sugar it
> had little effect on my bg. Not saying I didn't get a rise but it was an
> acceptable rise. I tested first in the restaurant as I get a rather rapid
> response to sugary foods. I did make sure to wash my hands though. I was
> almost covered on the sauce

I boil my cornbeef for about 4 to 6 hours in the oven at 350. I then remove
the cornbeef and put carrotts, potatoes, and cabage in the water and cook
until done. While the vegetables are cooking I shred the beef onto a liped
cookie sheet and put a liquid paste made from brown sugar and mustard on the
beef. Then put the beef in the oven for about 20 minutes to carmalize. I
use the Splenda brown sugar now. My mother saw this reciepe in a magazine in
the late 50's when she was first married and never saw it again, this was
the way I grew up having cornedbeef. Margie

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

margie wrote:

> I boil my cornbeef for about 4 to 6 hours in the oven at 350. I then
> remove the cornbeef and put carrotts, potatoes, and cabage in the
> water and cook until done. While the vegetables are cooking I shred
> the beef onto a liped cookie sheet and put a liquid paste made from
> brown sugar and mustard on the beef. Then put the beef in the oven
> for about 20 minutes to carmalize. I use the Splenda brown sugar now.
> My mother saw this reciepe in a magazine in the late 50's when she
> was first married and never saw it again, this was the way I grew up
> having cornedbeef. Margie

That sounds like a fabulous tasting recipe. Unfortunately we don't get the
Splenda brown sugar here I could make great use of it, especially in
sweet n sour sauce. I boil my meat on the stove top in a soup pot. I have
always cooked my cabbage in separate pan, I think I will try it in the meat
pan next time, thanks for the great new hints.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: margie wrote:

[...]

It's half rgular brown sugar and half Splend sucralose, so half the carbs
of just brown sugar.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

most beef is finished on corn, and many do not disclose here in the us
unless required to by the state law, "grass raised" is a specific term here
in the us that means just that, fattened for market is after raising, Lee
"Ricavito" > wrote in message
On Mar 19, 7:54 am, Susan > wrote:

> If you have a very lean piece of meat unlikely to be good as a dry
> roast, I'd braise it and make pot roast. My favorite way to do it is
> this recipe, but I skip the sour cream and horseradish, just do the
> reduction:
>
> >http://recipe.aol.com/recipe/braised...-wild-mushroom...

> I've used it with short ribs, rump roast, brisket, chuck roast.
>
> A slow cooker is a great way to do this, but you should coat it lightly
> in seasoned flour first, and brown it on all sides before putting in the
> slow cooker. Then reduce the liquid on the stove top after it's done.

Thanks Susan, I want to try brining but I think I will try it on a
chicken. My husband would like the horseradish/sour cream in the
reduction, so I might try that for something different.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Storrmmee" > wrote:

> most beef is finished on corn, and many do not disclose here in the us
> unless required to by the state law, "grass raised" is a specific term here
> in the us that means just that, fattened for market is after raising, Lee

There's plenty of grass-fed beef around -- that's totally grass fed, no
grain at all. You just have to mail order it and/or pay through the
nose.

I've got a freezer full of grass-fed beef, bison, elk, antelope,
venison, etc.

PP

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

you make my point for me, grass raised is different than being finished for
market, and legally you can say grass raised explicitly leaving out how the
cattle are finished. my point is for the buyer to be very careful about
this, My father is in the cattle industry and many cattle people split hairs
on this, so when you do buy make sure do to the research or you could be
paying for different than you think, i have no interest in eating beef in
general as idon't care on the whole for the taste, but i have to eat it or i
gain weight by leaps and bounds... what i am trying to say and not doing a
good job of is that one simply must be uber careful as grass finished also
can mean a few different things as well, Lee
"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>
>> most beef is finished on corn, and many do not disclose here in the us
>> unless required to by the state law, "grass raised" is a specific term
>> here
>> in the us that means just that, fattened for market is after raising, Lee

> There's plenty of grass-fed beef around -- that's totally grass fed, no
> grain at all. You just have to mail order it and/or pay through the
> nose.
>
> I've got a freezer full of grass-fed beef, bison, elk, antelope,
> venison, etc.
>
> PP

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

ps, what i am saying only relates to cows, i have no experience or knowledge
about the other animals you listed in your response, the only venison i have
ever eaten has been wild killed, Lee
"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> you make my point for me, grass raised is different than being finished
> for market, and legally you can say grass raised explicitly leaving out
> how the cattle are finished. my point is for the buyer to be very careful
> about this, My father is in the cattle industry and many cattle people
> split hairs on this, so when you do buy make sure do to the research or
> you could be paying for different than you think, i have no interest in
> eating beef in general as idon't care on the whole for the taste, but i
> have to eat it or i gain weight by leaps and bounds... what i am trying to
> say and not doing a good job of is that one simply must be uber careful as
> grass finished also can mean a few different things as well, Lee
> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Storrmmee" > wrote:
>>
>>> most beef is finished on corn, and many do not disclose here in the us
>>> unless required to by the state law, "grass raised" is a specific term
>>> here
>>> in the us that means just that, fattened for market is after raising,
>>> Lee

>> There's plenty of grass-fed beef around -- that's totally grass fed, no
>> grain at all. You just have to mail order it and/or pay through the
>> nose.
>>
>> I've got a freezer full of grass-fed beef, bison, elk, antelope,
>> venison, etc.
>>
>> PP

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/4/2010 2:56 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
> ps, what i am saying only relates to cows, i have no experience or knowledge
> about the other animals you listed in your response, the only venison i have
> ever eaten has been wild killed, Lee

Lee, i believe that was the point being made....... wild meat is grass
fed, not corn fed.

> > wrote in message
>> you make my point for me, grass raised is different than being finished
>> for market, and legally you can say grass raised explicitly leaving out
>> how the cattle are finished. my point is for the buyer to be very careful
>> about this, My father is in the cattle industry and many cattle people
>> split hairs on this, so when you do buy make sure do to the research or
>> you could be paying for different than you think, i have no interest in
>> eating beef in general as idon't care on the whole for the taste, but i
>> have to eat it or i gain weight by leaps and bounds... what i am trying to
>> say and not doing a good job of is that one simply must be uber careful as
>> grass finished also can mean a few different things as well, Lee
>> "Peppermint > wrote in message
>>> In >,

>>> There's plenty of grass-fed beef around -- that's totally grass fed, no
>>> grain at all. You just have to mail order it and/or pay through the
>>> nose.
>>>
>>> I've got a freezer full of grass-fed beef, bison, elk, antelope,
>>> venison, etc.
>>>
>>> PP

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oh my, i guess you haven't ever seen the devestation that the list she gave
can do to a corn field, it sorta can end up looking like locusts, deer and
elk just love corn, Lee