Old 02-02-2010, 09:06 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner.

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Jacquie" wrote in message
news Julie,
Did you Vet mention something like Nutri Cal for cats? You can get it
at most pet stores...it is very tasty to a cat and is high calorie. I
have used it on many cats when I did rescue. It may also help perk up
her appetite. Might be worth a try if you are really concerned about
her weight.
Jacquie

No, she didn't mention it. Nothing wrong with her appetite though.
Just picky.

Is it possible that her sense of smell has diminished, either through age
or through illness? If so, it is often helpful to use canned food and to
nuke it for a short time (just enough to warm it, not enough to be too
hot). That intensifies the scent.

I don't think so.

She will only eat food at room temperature. No different.

Actually, it's not the same. Cat food that is warmed in the microwave (even
if it starts out at room temperature) takes on a much more intense
scent/odor. We usually don't like it, but cats do. It can be a major
attractant for them.

MaryL

Old 02-02-2010, 10:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Jacquie" wrote in message
[...]

Maui won't eat food that has been in the microwave. I tried it.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Jacquie" wrote in message
[...]

Okay, now I see what you meant by "no different." I misinterpreted. Sorry
I can't help.

MaryL

Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Feb 2, 11:14*am, "Cheri" wrote:
"Ricavito" wrote in message

good recipe b/c it can go in the microwave. *In fact, you've given me
an idea for an alternative Superbowl dip delivery system for a partay
this weekend. *I was looking for something a little more toothsome
than jicama sticks :-)

========

Who are you pulling for in the SB Rica? Us, Indianapolis.

Cheri

It would be nice to see the Saints win their first SB, but then the
Colts deserve it too, especially Peyton Manning. But I don't have
much invested emotionally either way (and didn't place any bets), so I
will mainly be watching for the commercials :-)

We'll be up at Russian River at a friend's cabin, so it'll be a fun
weekend getaway.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Member

Nice posts...thanx for this..
but other than food, walking or jogging for more than 2 km a day is also utmost to recover Diabetics.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:09 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"tom.smart71" wrote in message

Nice posts...thanx for this..
but other than food, walking or jogging for more than 2 km a day is also
utmost to recover Diabetics.

Recover us? With what? Velvet?