Hahabogus

Default All-American Tuna

The recent Wolfberry thread would make be add green onion to this,
sounds like a good idea.

* Exported from MasterCook *

All-American Tuna

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 cn white albacore tuna -- in
-water
1/4 c celery -- diced
1 tb red onion -- diced
1/4 ts ground black pepper
1 tb lemon juice
1/8 ts granulated onion powder
1/8 ts paprika
1/4 c low-fat mayo
1/2 tb parsley -- chopped
2 sl swiss cheese
1 crusty rolls

Mix with fork until blended. Serve on crusty rolls with swiss cheese,
lettuce and thinly sliced tomato. Source: The San Diego Union-Tribune Food
Section, Sept 29, 1994 & Tim Mavrakos and David Cohn, Corvette Diner
Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 579 Calories; 33g Fat (49.4%
calories from fat); 37g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 104mg
Cholesterol; 475mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2
Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Starchless in Manitoba.

You need to change this to using Tuna from Vital Choice. The worlds
best tinned Tuna and Salmon available online. A great product.
Check them out. WWW. Vitalchoice.com.
I use the tinned products and flash frozen. The best I have found.

Alan wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:07:14 GMT, Hahabogus
> > wrote:
>

>> The recent Wolfberry thread would make be add green onion to this,
>>sounds like a good idea.
>>

>>* Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> All-American Tuna
>>
>>Recipe By :
>>Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
>>Categories :
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>>-------- ------------ --------------------------------
>> 1 cn white albacore tuna -- in
>> -water
>> 1/4 c celery -- diced
>> 1 tb red onion -- diced
>> 1/4 ts ground black pepper
>> 1 tb lemon juice
>> 1/8 ts granulated onion powder
>> 1/8 ts paprika
>> 1/4 c low-fat mayo
>> 1/2 tb parsley -- chopped
>> 2 sl swiss cheese
>> 1 crusty rolls
>>
>>Mix with fork until blended. Serve on crusty rolls with swiss cheese,
>>lettuce and thinly sliced tomato. Source: The San Diego Union-Tribune Food
>>Section, Sept 29, 1994 & Tim Mavrakos and David Cohn, Corvette Diner
>>Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master.
>>

> I don't know.......
>
> You use exotic stuff like red onions, onion powder,
> paprika, Swiss cheese and crusty rolls and you call it "All
> American"???
>
> Hah!
>
> White bread, yellow onions, celery, Miracle Whip, tuna,
> black pepper. THAT'S "All-American"!!!!!

Obviously this is the very reason the French and Germans want nothing to
do with americans. They have no taste in food or presidents.

Julie Bove

"Beirader" > wrote in message

> > I don't know.......
> >
> > You use exotic stuff like red onions, onion powder,
> > paprika, Swiss cheese and crusty rolls and you call it "All
> > American"???

Since when have red onions been considered exotic?

> > Hah!
> >
> > White bread, yellow onions, celery, Miracle Whip, tuna,
> > black pepper. THAT'S "All-American"!!!!!

Actually, my American version contains only mayo, celery and sweet pickle
relish. Now I don't normally make it this way because I like a lot of other
things in there, but this is the way my mom always made it. My best friend
made a yummy tuna salad that was not served on bread, nor was it served on a
bed of lettuce. She chopped the lettuce and mixed it right into the tuna,
adding other yummy things like green onions and sliced radishes. That meal
brings back fond memories!

> Obviously this is the very reason the French and Germans want nothing to
> do with americans. They have no taste in food or presidents.

Hmph!

--
See my webpage:

None Given

> wrote in message
> You need to change this to using Tuna from Vital Choice. The worlds
> best tinned Tuna and Salmon available online. A great product.
> Check them out. WWW. Vitalchoice.com.
> I use the tinned products and flash frozen. The best I have found.

Should be tuna in oil, not water. More nutritious.

None Given wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
>>You need to change this to using Tuna from Vital Choice. The worlds
>>best tinned Tuna and Salmon available online. A great product.
>>Check them out. WWW. Vitalchoice.com.
>>I use the tinned products and flash frozen. The best I have found.

> Should be tuna in oil, not water. More nutritious.

It is packed in virgin olive oil.