Old 17-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Hahabogus

Default All-American Tuna

The recent Wolfberry thread would make be add green onion to this,
sounds like a good idea.

* Exported from MasterCook *

All-American Tuna

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 cn white albacore tuna -- in
-water
1/4 c celery -- diced
1 tb red onion -- diced
1/4 ts ground black pepper
1 tb lemon juice
1/8 ts granulated onion powder
1/8 ts paprika
1/4 c low-fat mayo
1/2 tb parsley -- chopped
2 sl swiss cheese
1 crusty rolls

Mix with fork until blended. Serve on crusty rolls with swiss cheese,
lettuce and thinly sliced tomato. Source: The San Diego Union-Tribune Food
Section, Sept 29, 1994 & Tim Mavrakos and David Cohn, Corvette Diner
Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 579 Calories; 33g Fat (49.4%
calories from fat); 37g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 104mg
Cholesterol; 475mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2
Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Starchless in Manitoba.

Old 17-10-2004, 06:42 PM

You need to change this to using Tuna from Vital Choice. The worlds
best tinned Tuna and Salmon available online. A great product.
Check them out. WWW. Vitalchoice.com.
I use the tinned products and flash frozen. The best I have found.

Old 18-10-2004, 03:28 AM
Julie Bove

"Beirader" wrote in message

I don't know.......

You use exotic stuff like red onions, onion powder,
paprika, Swiss cheese and crusty rolls and you call it "All
American"???

Since when have red onions been considered exotic?

Hah!

White bread, yellow onions, celery, Miracle Whip, tuna,
black pepper. THAT'S "All-American"!!!!!

Actually, my American version contains only mayo, celery and sweet pickle
relish. Now I don't normally make it this way because I like a lot of other
things in there, but this is the way my mom always made it. My best friend
made a yummy tuna salad that was not served on bread, nor was it served on a
bed of lettuce. She chopped the lettuce and mixed it right into the tuna,
adding other yummy things like green onions and sliced radishes. That meal
brings back fond memories!

Obviously this is the very reason the French and Germans want nothing to
do with americans. They have no taste in food or presidents.

Hmph!

--
See my webpage:

Old 18-10-2004, 02:51 PM
None Given

wrote in message
You need to change this to using Tuna from Vital Choice. The worlds
best tinned Tuna and Salmon available online. A great product.
Check them out. WWW. Vitalchoice.com.
I use the tinned products and flash frozen. The best I have found.

Should be tuna in oil, not water. More nutritious.

Old 19-10-2004, 01:27 AM
[email protected]

None Given wrote:
wrote in message

You need to change this to using Tuna from Vital Choice. The worlds
best tinned Tuna and Salmon available online. A great product.
Check them out. WWW. Vitalchoice.com.
I use the tinned products and flash frozen. The best I have found.

Should be tuna in oil, not water. More nutritious.

It is packed in virgin olive oil.