FoodBanter.com

-   -   Mashed Cauliflower (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/37535-mashed-cauliflower.html)

BP 05-10-2004 05:38 AM

Mashed Cauliflower

I'm developing a fondness for Mashed Cauliflower. Does anyone have a
technique for for "Mashing" the cauliflower they would share?

I've tried the blender - it's too much like baby food. I've tried cutting
it, and it looks like cut cauliflower.

Julie Bove 05-10-2004 05:43 AM

"BP" > wrote in message
. ..
> I'm developing a fondness for Mashed Cauliflower. Does anyone have a
> technique for for "Mashing" the cauliflower they would share?
>
> I've tried the blender - it's too much like baby food. I've tried cutting
> it, and it looks like cut cauliflower.

Have you tried a potato masher? I despise cooked cauliflower so I've never
tried to mash it. But I use my potato masher to make applesauce and also
"refried" beans.

--
See my webpage:

Jennifer 05-10-2004 06:18 AM

BP wrote:

> I'm developing a fondness for Mashed Cauliflower. Does anyone have a
> technique for for "Mashing" the cauliflower they would share?
>
> I've tried the blender - it's too much like baby food. I've tried cutting
> it, and it looks like cut cauliflower.

I use a food processor... and pulse.

Don't let it run continuosly... that's how it gets to be mush.

Jennifer

Hahabogus 05-10-2004 12:09 PM

"BP" > wrote in
:

> I'm developing a fondness for Mashed Cauliflower. Does anyone have a
> technique for for "Mashing" the cauliflower they would share?
>
> I've tried the blender - it's too much like baby food. I've tried
> cutting it, and it looks like cut cauliflower.

Well on all the cooking shows , to make mashed potatoes, they suggest that
a food mill or a potato ricer makes the best texture. So I figure the same
would apply to cauliflower. I just eat it raw or cooked but not mashed.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.

Nicky 05-10-2004 07:24 PM

"BP" > wrote in message
. ..
> I'm developing a fondness for Mashed Cauliflower. Does anyone have a
> technique for for "Mashing" the cauliflower they would share?

I squished mine with a fork tonight, then sprinkled some ground flax seed
because it was a tiny bit wet - yum!

Nicky.