FoodBanter.com

-   -   forbidden fruit (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/37507-forbidden-fruit.html)

Hahabogus 05-10-2004 01:00 AM

forbidden fruit

I had to post this. It was my favorite soup. But alas too much carbs.
What's one of your forbidden fruits?

CORN CHOWDER

Recipe by: Barb Heller

8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and diced (enough to half fill a 2 qt.
saucepan)
1 medium onion, diced
1 can creamed corn
1 can whole corn
1/2 to 1 cup milk or cream
fresh parsley, minced
salt and pepper to taste
dab of butter

Put potatoes and onions in a 2 qt. saucepan. Add approximately 1 tsp. of
salt and enough water to fill 2/3 of the way to the top of the potatoes -
do
not actually cover the potatoes with water. Stir.

Boil potatoes and onions until the potatoes are starting to get tender but
are not mushy. Add the entire can of creamed corn and the drained can of
whole corn. Heat thoroughly. Add parsley, milk, salt, pepper and butter. Do
not bring to a boil after adding milk, but cook on low heat at least 15
minutes. Longer is better to blend the flavors but don't boil. Good with
corn bread.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.

Vicki Beausoleil 05-10-2004 10:34 PM

Hahabogus wrote:

> I had to post this. It was my favorite soup. But alas too much carbs.
> What's one of your forbidden fruits?

Anything with the words 'chocolate' and 'cake' in them. Any dish ending
in a vowel.

Vicki