Hahabogus

Default CHEESE STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

CHEESE STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

Recipe from: "Modern Approach to Everyday Cooking", American Dairy
Association, 1966

6 medium green peppers
6 slices bacon
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 cups cooked long-grain rice
3 cups (12 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tbs. chopped pimiento
1/2 tsp. salt
bacon curls for garnish, optional

Cut off tops of green peppers, remove seeds and membrane. Parboil 5 minutes
in boiling salted water; drain. Cut bacon into small pieces. In a small
skillet, cook bacon with onion until bacon is crisp and brown; drain on
absorbent toweling. In mixing bowl combine bacon and onion, rice, cheese,
pimiento and salt; toss to blend. Spoon into green pepper cups, packing
down
lightly. Place upright in baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until hot.
Garnish each with bacon curl, if desired.

Charlie's note: Being a complete hedonist, I put some extra shredded cheese
on the top after stuffing the peppers and dust lightly with paprika. For me
the extra bacon curl is mandatory.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Hahabogus

Hahabogus > wrote in
:

> CHEESE STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS
>
> Recipe from: "Modern Approach to Everyday Cooking", American Dairy
> Association, 1966
>

> 6 medium green peppers
> 6 slices bacon
> 1/3 cup chopped onion
> 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
> 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
> 2 tbs. chopped pimiento
> 1/2 tsp. salt
> bacon curls for garnish, optional
>

> Cut off tops of green peppers, remove seeds and membrane. Parboil 5
> minutes in boiling salted water; drain. Cut bacon into small pieces.
> In a small skillet, cook bacon with onion until bacon is crisp and
> brown; drain on absorbent toweling. In mixing bowl combine bacon and
> onion, rice, cheese, pimiento and salt; toss to blend. Spoon into
> green pepper cups, packing down
> lightly. Place upright in baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until
> hot. Garnish each with bacon curl, if desired.
>
> Charlie's note: Being a complete hedonist, I put some extra shredded
> cheese on the top after stuffing the peppers and dust lightly with
> paprika. For me the extra bacon curl is mandatory.

OOOPS! I missed whose recipe this is "Charles Gifford"

--
Starchless in Manitoba.

Stuffed Green Peppers Tim Recipes 0 18-09-2005 05:26 AM
Stuffed Green Peppers vicki_vera Recipes (moderated) 0 18-09-2005 01:28 AM
Stuffed Green Peppers Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-06-2005 02:10 PM
Stuffed Green Peppers International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 30-11-2004 01:26 AM
REC: Cheese Stuffed Green Peppers Charles Gifford General Cooking 10 05-10-2004 12:20 AM