Hahabogus

Default Almond Chicken

* Exported from MasterCook *

Almond Chicken

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chicken Main Dish
Poultry

4 chicken breast halves -- skinned, boned
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon -- crumbled
3/4 cup sliced almonds -- finely minced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt -- to taste
Freshly-ground white pepper -- to taste
Blanched almond flour -- for dredging
Lemon wedges -- for serving

Place chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap and lightly
pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and
add the tarragon; season with salt and pepper. On a plate, combine the
minced almonds and Parmesan cheese.

Heat oil and butter in a skillet large enough to hold chicken pieces
without them touching each other. Dust the chicken breasts with almond
flour and dip in egg and then in almond/cheese mixture to coat completely.
Immediately transfer them to the skillet and sauté until golden brown,
about 1 1/2 minutes per side. (To make sure that the chicken is cooked
right through, cut into a piece. It should be pearly white, not pink in
the middle.) Transfer to heated plates, season lightly with salt and
pepper, garnish with lemon wedges.

This recipe yields 4 servings; 2.5 carb grams per serving.

Source:
"Low Carb Recipes at http://www.lowcarbluxury.com"
S(Formatted for MC6):
"06-02-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 559 Calories; 43g Fat (68.3%
calories from fat); 39g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 159mg
Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat;
5 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Tiger Lily

great recipes.... thanks for your posts, haha

sorry i missed you in chat... was fighting with the kidlets linux
machine...... arrrrrghhhhh

hope to catch you l8r

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Almond Chicken
>
> Recipe By :n/a
> Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Chicken Main Dish
> Poultry

> 4 chicken breast halves -- skinned, boned
> 1 large egg
> 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon -- crumbled
> 3/4 cup sliced almonds -- finely minced
> 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
> 2 tablespoons olive oil
> 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
> Salt -- to taste
> Freshly-ground white pepper -- to taste
> Blanched almond flour -- for dredging
> Lemon wedges -- for serving
>
> Place chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap and lightly
> pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and
> add the tarragon; season with salt and pepper. On a plate, combine the
> minced almonds and Parmesan cheese.
>
> Heat oil and butter in a skillet large enough to hold chicken pieces
> without them touching each other. Dust the chicken breasts with almond
> flour and dip in egg and then in almond/cheese mixture to coat completely.
> Immediately transfer them to the skillet and sauté until golden brown,
> about 1 1/2 minutes per side. (To make sure that the chicken is cooked
> right through, cut into a piece. It should be pearly white, not pink in
> the middle.) Transfer to heated plates, season lightly with salt and
> pepper, garnish with lemon wedges.
>
> This recipe yields 4 servings; 2.5 carb grams per serving.
>
> Source:
> "Low Carb Recipes at http://www.lowcarbluxury.com"
> S(Formatted for MC6):
> "06-02-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 559 Calories; 43g Fat (68.3%
> calories from fat); 39g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 159mg
> Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat;
> 5 Fat.
>

> Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
>

> --
> Starchless in Manitoba.

Hahabogus

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in :

> sorry i missed you in chat... was fighting with the kidlets linux
> machine...... arrrrrghhhhh

Won't catch me... Won't be back... too restricted a inviornment for me...If
I got to be spoken for to go in somewhere, that isn't the place for me. To
Country Clubish for me. With diabetes in my life that's more than enough
rules/restrictions. Like Groucho Marks said I wouldn't let me be a
member...

Perfer #rec.food.cooking on vexnet...way more friendly don't have to stand
around for 8-10 minutes while your security pass gets you entry into the
"gated community"...2 or 3 of "us" are type 2....at rfc; Out in the real
world.

Last I have to say on the matter.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Tiger Lily

??????????????

i was AFK when you came in

sorry that offended you

--

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in :
>
> > sorry i missed you in chat... was fighting with the kidlets linux
> > machine...... arrrrrghhhhh
> >

> Won't catch me... Won't be back... too restricted a inviornment for

me...If
> I got to be spoken for to go in somewhere, that isn't the place for me. To
> Country Clubish for me. With diabetes in my life that's more than enough
> rules/restrictions. Like Groucho Marks said I wouldn't let me be a
> member...
>
> Perfer #rec.food.cooking on vexnet...way more friendly don't have to stand
> around for 8-10 minutes while your security pass gets you entry into the
> "gated community"...2 or 3 of "us" are type 2....at rfc; Out in the real
> world.
>

> Last I have to say on the matter.
>

> --
> Starchless in Manitoba.

Siobhan Perricone

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:44:59 GMT, Hahabogus > wrote:

>"Tiger Lily" > wrote in :
>
>> sorry i missed you in chat... was fighting with the kidlets linux
>> machine...... arrrrrghhhhh
>>

>Won't catch me... Won't be back... too restricted a inviornment for me...If
>I got to be spoken for to go in somewhere, that isn't the place for me. To
>Country Clubish for me. With diabetes in my life that's more than enough
>rules/restrictions. Like Groucho Marks said I wouldn't let me be a
>member...
>
>Perfer #rec.food.cooking on vexnet...way more friendly don't have to stand
>around for 8-10 minutes while your security pass gets you entry into the
>"gated community"...2 or 3 of "us" are type 2....at rfc; Out in the real
>world.

Well, generally I agree, but to cut them some slack, they ARE on Undernet,
which was one of the first, and is probably still one of the biggest, IRC
networks out there. There are millions of people who use it every day (ok,
maybe just tens of thousands, but that's a lot anyway). But I prefer
smaller networks myself.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,

Hahabogus

Siobhan Perricone > wrote in
:

:

>>> sorry i missed you in chat... was fighting with the kidlets linux
>>> machine...... arrrrrghhhhh
>>>

>>Won't catch me... Won't be back... too restricted a inviornment for
>>me...If I got to be spoken for to go in somewhere, that isn't the
>>place for me. To Country Clubish for me. With diabetes in my life
>>that's more than enough rules/restrictions. Like Groucho Marks said I
>>wouldn't let me be a member...
>>
>>Perfer #rec.food.cooking on vexnet...way more friendly don't have to
>>stand around for 8-10 minutes while your security pass gets you entry
>>into the "gated community"...2 or 3 of "us" are type 2....at rfc; Out
>>in the real world.

> Well, generally I agree, but to cut them some slack, they ARE on
> Undernet, which was one of the first, and is probably still one of the
> biggest, IRC networks out there. There are millions of people who use
> it every day (ok, maybe just tens of thousands, but that's a lot
> anyway). But I prefer smaller networks myself.

For you I will cut them some slack...but I was not comfortable there so I
won't be going back. All those people just standing around mute...
waiting... (while the guard showed up with the key) Somebody vetted/oked
me. Not my cup of tea... I realize big networks have many people, hell I
installed networks....but just to country clubish for me.

Reminded me of a B horror movie.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Tiger Lily

tee hee

nope...... everyone had stepped afk when you arrived... people
log on from work and chat while they can

the 2 live people...... 1 had a furnace repair man show up
and i already told you i was fighting with the kid's Linux
on his computer

but :-)

tee hee..... i guess we have moved up in the world to a 'gated community'

:-)
kate
--

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> Siobhan Perricone > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:44:59 GMT, Hahabogus > wrote:
> >
> >>"Tiger Lily" > wrote in
> :

> >>Won't catch me... Won't be back... too restricted a inviornment for
> >>me...If I got to be spoken for to go in somewhere, that isn't the
> >>place for me. To Country Clubish for me. With diabetes in my life
> >>that's more than enough rules/restrictions. Like Groucho Marks said I
> >>wouldn't let me be a member...
> >>
> >>Perfer #rec.food.cooking on vexnet...way more friendly don't have to
> >>stand around for 8-10 minutes while your security pass gets you entry
> >>into the "gated community"...2 or 3 of "us" are type 2....at rfc; Out
> >>in the real world.

> > Well, generally I agree, but to cut them some slack, they ARE on
> > Undernet, which was one of the first, and is probably still one of the
> > biggest, IRC networks out there. There are millions of people who use
> > it every day (ok, maybe just tens of thousands, but that's a lot
> > anyway). But I prefer smaller networks myself.
> >

> For you I will cut them some slack...but I was not comfortable there so I
> won't be going back. All those people just standing around mute...
> waiting... (while the guard showed up with the key) Somebody vetted/oked
> me. Not my cup of tea... I realize big networks have many people, hell I
> installed networks....but just to country clubish for me.
>

> Reminded me of a B horror movie.
>
> --
> Starchless in Manitoba.

None Given

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> tee hee
>
> nope...... everyone had stepped afk when you arrived... people
> log on from work and chat while they can
>
> the 2 live people...... 1 had a furnace repair man show up
> and i already told you i was fighting with the kid's Linux
> on his computer

I don't do chat because I don't have the patience, so I'm not up on the
lingo. What is afk? Away from keyboard? I think Undernet is the one my
nephew helped start up, though.

Tiger Lily

you got it.... away from keyboard = afk

way kewl that your nephew started undernet :-)
that rocks!

we sure appreciate having the service to run the chat room over/thru??

kate
--

"None Given" > wrote in message
> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> > tee hee
> >
> > nope...... everyone had stepped afk when you arrived... people
> > log on from work and chat while they can
> >
> > the 2 live people...... 1 had a furnace repair man show up
> > and i already told you i was fighting with the kid's Linux
> > on his computer

> I don't do chat because I don't have the patience, so I'm not up on the
> lingo. What is afk? Away from keyboard? I think Undernet is the one my
> nephew helped start up, though.

None Given

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> you got it.... away from keyboard = afk
>
> way kewl that your nephew started undernet :-)
> that rocks!

Well, not by himself, but he was in on it back when he was in college, his
nic was Wildthang. My son likes to write code for the undernet servers for
fun, too, I think they've got him down as a senior coder on their website.

None Given

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> you got it.... away from keyboard = afk
>
> way kewl that your nephew started undernet :-)
> that rocks!

Well, not by himself, but he was in on it back when he was in college, his
nic was Wildthang. My son likes to write code for the undernet servers for
fun, too, I think they've got him down as a senior coder on their website.

Tiger Lily

great to be part of the development of something and
to watch it grow

undernet is a pretty huge network today :-)

kate (going to look for his nick on the web page)
--

"None Given" > wrote in message
> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> > you got it.... away from keyboard = afk
> >
> > way kewl that your nephew started undernet :-)
> > that rocks!

> Well, not by himself, but he was in on it back when he was in college, his
> nic was Wildthang. My son likes to write code for the undernet servers

for
> fun, too, I think they've got him down as a senior coder on their website.

None Given

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> great to be part of the development of something and
> to watch it grow
>
> undernet is a pretty huge network today :-)
>
> kate (going to look for his nick on the web page)

I looked, he's down as a senior coder, now and my son is a co-maintainer,
now. I don't even see the other guy whose nic I remember, Seks.
http://www.coder-com.undernet.org/members.php

Tiger Lily

way kewl...... i was having trouble finding the page!

thank you for that bit of 'connectivity' in our
small small world :-)

kate