MoPaMaN

Default Textured Vegitable Protien

I have found that when rehydrating this food, if you'll add about 1/2 cup of
finely minced pork fat in with it, that it'll taste allot better.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Crone

MoPaMaN wrote:
> I have found that when rehydrating this food, if you'll add about 1/2 cup of
> finely minced pork fat in with it, that it'll taste allot better.

And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
Why not just eat a pork chop.
Crone

MoPaMaN wrote:
> I have found that when rehydrating this food, if you'll add about 1/2 cup of
> finely minced pork fat in with it, that it'll taste allot better.

And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
Why not just eat a pork chop.
None Given

"Crone" > wrote in message
> And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
> of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
> Why not just eat a pork chop.

Hey, works for me!

None Given

"Crone" > wrote in message
> And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
> of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
> Why not just eat a pork chop.

Hey, works for me!

Crone

None Given wrote:
> "Crone" > wrote in message
>
>>And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
>>of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
>>Why not just eat a pork chop.

> Hey, works for me!

Why bother just buy a pound of cheap hamburger
Crone

None Given wrote:
> "Crone" > wrote in message
>
>>And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
>>of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
>>Why not just eat a pork chop.

> Hey, works for me!

Why bother just buy a pound of cheap hamburger
Jefferson N. Glapski

"None Given" > wrote in message
> "Crone" > wrote in message
> > And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
> > of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
> > Why not just eat a pork chop.

> Hey, works for me!

The fine qualities of vegetable protein are not that it is low or no fat. It
is that animal proteins are broken down differently than vegetable proteins
by your kidneys. Fats are fine.

--
Jefferson N. Glapski
http://www.glapski.com

Crone

Jefferson N. Glapski wrote:
> "None Given" > wrote in message
>
>>"Crone" > wrote in message
>>
>>>And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
>>>of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
>>>Why not just eat a pork chop.

>>Hey, works for me!

> The fine qualities of vegetable protein are not that it is low or no fat. It
> is that animal proteins are broken down differently than vegetable proteins
> by your kidneys. Fats are fine.

They are not fine for everyone. High cholesterol and all that.
MoPaMaN

"Crone" > wrote in message
> MoPaMaN wrote:
> > I have found that when rehydrating this food, if you'll add about 1/2

cup of
> > finely minced pork fat in with it, that it'll taste allot better.
> >

> And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
> of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
> Why not just eat a pork chop.

You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

MoPaMaN

"Crone" > wrote in message
> MoPaMaN wrote:
> > I have found that when rehydrating this food, if you'll add about 1/2

cup of
> > finely minced pork fat in with it, that it'll taste allot better.
> >

> And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
> of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
> Why not just eat a pork chop.

You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

MoPaMaN

"Crone" > wrote in message
> MoPaMaN wrote:
> > I have found that when rehydrating this food, if you'll add about 1/2

cup of
> > finely minced pork fat in with it, that it'll taste allot better.
> >

> And by doing so you loose all the fine qualities of veggie protein one
> of which happens to be no fat or very low fat.
> Why not just eat a pork chop.

You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Alan

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:43:40 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> wrote:

x-post cut

>You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
>avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

Which diet? BTW, you can buy a 3 oz pork chop by cutting a 12 oz in
quarters and inviting three overweight friends to share with you. Or
making your pooch very very happy.

>AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
>dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
>size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.

You're right; shooting would be quicker and less painful in the long
term. Are you T1 or T2? What multiple of 100 showed up on your
glucometer an hour after the melon?

>--
>MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
>--SCUD Coordinates 32.61204 North: 96.92993 West--

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:43:40 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> wrote:

x-post cut

>You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
>avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

Which diet? BTW, you can buy a 3 oz pork chop by cutting a 12 oz in
quarters and inviting three overweight friends to share with you. Or
making your pooch very very happy.

>AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
>dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
>size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.

You're right; shooting would be quicker and less painful in the long
term. Are you T1 or T2? What multiple of 100 showed up on your
glucometer an hour after the melon?

>--
>MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
>--SCUD Coordinates 32.61204 North: 96.92993 West--

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:43:40 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> wrote:

x-post cut

>You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
>avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

Which diet? BTW, you can buy a 3 oz pork chop by cutting a 12 oz in
quarters and inviting three overweight friends to share with you. Or
making your pooch very very happy.

>AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
>dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
>size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.

You're right; shooting would be quicker and less painful in the long
term. Are you T1 or T2? What multiple of 100 showed up on your
glucometer an hour after the melon?

>--
>MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
>--SCUD Coordinates 32.61204 North: 96.92993 West--

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.

MoPaMaN

"Alan" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:43:40 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> > wrote:
>
> x-post cut
>
> >You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
> >avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

> Which diet? BTW, you can buy a 3 oz pork chop by cutting a 12 oz in
> quarters and inviting three overweight friends to share with you. Or
> making your pooch very very happy.
> >
> >AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
> >dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
> >size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.
> >

> You're right; shooting would be quicker and less painful in the long
> term. Are you T1 or T2? What multiple of 100 showed up on your
> glucometer an hour after the melon?

I didn't test it because at the time, I didn't know to. It was kinda late in
the evening and I remember getting fuzzy vision and then just going to bed.
I'm also a recovering boozer (3 years last August 3rd) so ice cream and
watermelon have become my whiskey. I'm doing better now, but dealing with
the ice cream is really, really hard for me. 1/3 a cup and I even buy the
no/low fat sugar free stuff.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

MoPaMaN

"Alan" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:43:40 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> > wrote:
>
> x-post cut
>
> >You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
> >avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

> Which diet? BTW, you can buy a 3 oz pork chop by cutting a 12 oz in
> quarters and inviting three overweight friends to share with you. Or
> making your pooch very very happy.
> >
> >AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
> >dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
> >size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.
> >

> You're right; shooting would be quicker and less painful in the long
> term. Are you T1 or T2? What multiple of 100 showed up on your
> glucometer an hour after the melon?

I didn't test it because at the time, I didn't know to. It was kinda late in
the evening and I remember getting fuzzy vision and then just going to bed.
I'm also a recovering boozer (3 years last August 3rd) so ice cream and
watermelon have become my whiskey. I'm doing better now, but dealing with
the ice cream is really, really hard for me. 1/3 a cup and I even buy the
no/low fat sugar free stuff.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

MoPaMaN

"Alan" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:43:40 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> > wrote:
>
> x-post cut
>
> >You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
> >avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

> Which diet? BTW, you can buy a 3 oz pork chop by cutting a 12 oz in
> quarters and inviting three overweight friends to share with you. Or
> making your pooch very very happy.
> >
> >AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
> >dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
> >size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.
> >

> You're right; shooting would be quicker and less painful in the long
> term. Are you T1 or T2? What multiple of 100 showed up on your
> glucometer an hour after the melon?

I didn't test it because at the time, I didn't know to. It was kinda late in
the evening and I remember getting fuzzy vision and then just going to bed.
I'm also a recovering boozer (3 years last August 3rd) so ice cream and
watermelon have become my whiskey. I'm doing better now, but dealing with
the ice cream is really, really hard for me. 1/3 a cup and I even buy the
no/low fat sugar free stuff.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Alan

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:28:26 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> wrote:

>"Alan" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:43:40 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> x-post cut
>>
>> >You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
>> >avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

>> Which diet? BTW, you can buy a 3 oz pork chop by cutting a 12 oz in
>> quarters and inviting three overweight friends to share with you. Or
>> making your pooch very very happy.
>> >
>> >AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
>> >dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
>> >size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.
>> >

>> You're right; shooting would be quicker and less painful in the long
>> term. Are you T1 or T2? What multiple of 100 showed up on your
>> glucometer an hour after the melon?

>I didn't test it because at the time, I didn't know to. It was kinda late in
>the evening and I remember getting fuzzy vision and then just going to bed.
>I'm also a recovering boozer (3 years last August 3rd) so ice cream and
>watermelon have become my whiskey. I'm doing better now, but dealing with
>the ice cream is really, really hard for me. 1/3 a cup and I even buy the
>no/low fat sugar free stuff.

Hi MoPaMan

Welcome to our world.

Have you been lurking in any of the other groups? If not, check out
misc.health.diabetes, alt.support.diabetes, or alt.support.diabetes.uk
if you're not from the US. Then, if you want specific help, pick one (or
all) and introduce yourself with some info on HbA1c, weight, FBgs, diet
etc.

I won't give recommendations - lurk a while and make up your own mind.
Some of the groups get a bit rambunctious at times, but if you read the
information sandwiched between the OTs it will save your life or your
vision or your limbs.

While you make up your mind, please read the advice on testing at
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm . For me, that
was the single most important piece of advice I read after diagnosis.
I'm biased because it worked for me. After you read that, go back and
read the label on your ice-cream to see what the carb content is. I find
that the premium ones are better - but if you read a.s.d I posted on
that today there.

And congratulations on the 3 years. You'll also notice some people with
a similar history if you lurk on those groups.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
--
dx May 2002 , A1C 8.2=>5.9, wt 117kg=>95kg,
Diet and not enough exercise.

Alan

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:28:26 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> wrote:

>"Alan" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:43:40 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> x-post cut
>>
>> >You ever tried to buy a 3 Oz pork chop in Texas......It's bad enough
>> >avoiding my 2 inch thick porterhouses....I'm gonna die on this diet.

>> Which diet? BTW, you can buy a 3 oz pork chop by cutting a 12 oz in
>> quarters and inviting three overweight friends to share with you. Or
>> making your pooch very very happy.
>> >
>> >AND, btw, I ate a whole (small seedless) watermelon the other day. The
>> >dietian at my diabetes class bout had a coronary. When she showed me the
>> >size of the serving, I told her just to shoot me.
>> >

>> You're right; shooting would be quicker and less painful in the long
>> term. Are you T1 or T2? What multiple of 100 showed up on your
>> glucometer an hour after the melon?

>I didn't test it because at the time, I didn't know to. It was kinda late in
>the evening and I remember getting fuzzy vision and then just going to bed.
>I'm also a recovering boozer (3 years last August 3rd) so ice cream and
>watermelon have become my whiskey. I'm doing better now, but dealing with
>the ice cream is really, really hard for me. 1/3 a cup and I even buy the
>no/low fat sugar free stuff.

Hi MoPaMan

Welcome to our world.

Have you been lurking in any of the other groups? If not, check out
misc.health.diabetes, alt.support.diabetes, or alt.support.diabetes.uk
if you're not from the US. Then, if you want specific help, pick one (or
all) and introduce yourself with some info on HbA1c, weight, FBgs, diet
etc.

I won't give recommendations - lurk a while and make up your own mind.
Some of the groups get a bit rambunctious at times, but if you read the
information sandwiched between the OTs it will save your life or your
vision or your limbs.

While you make up your mind, please read the advice on testing at
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm . For me, that
was the single most important piece of advice I read after diagnosis.
I'm biased because it worked for me. After you read that, go back and
read the label on your ice-cream to see what the carb content is. I find
that the premium ones are better - but if you read a.s.d I posted on
that today there.

And congratulations on the 3 years. You'll also notice some people with
a similar history if you lurk on those groups.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
--
dx May 2002 , A1C 8.2=>5.9, wt 117kg=>95kg,
Diet and not enough exercise.
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
an expensive teacher.

MoPaMaN

"Alan" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:28:26 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> > wrote:
>

> Hi MoPaMan
>
> Welcome to our world.
>
> Have you been lurking in any of the other groups? If not, check out
> misc.health.diabetes, alt.support.diabetes, or alt.support.diabetes.uk
> if you're not from the US. Then, if you want specific help, pick one (or
> all) and introduce yourself with some info on HbA1c, weight, FBgs, diet
> etc.
>
> I won't give recommendations - lurk a while and make up your own mind.
> Some of the groups get a bit rambunctious at times, but if you read the
> information sandwiched between the OTs it will save your life or your
> vision or your limbs.
>
> While you make up your mind, please read the advice on testing at
> http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm . For me, that
> was the single most important piece of advice I read after diagnosis.
> I'm biased because it worked for me. After you read that, go back and
> read the label on your ice-cream to see what the carb content is. I find
> that the premium ones are better - but if you read a.s.d I posted on
> that today there.
>
> And congratulations on the 3 years. You'll also notice some people with
> a similar history if you lurk on those groups.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
> Remove weight and carbs to email.

Thanks,

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

MoPaMaN

"Alan" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:28:26 GMT, "MoPaMaN"
> > wrote:
>

> Hi MoPaMan
>
> Welcome to our world.
>
> Have you been lurking in any of the other groups? If not, check out
> misc.health.diabetes, alt.support.diabetes, or alt.support.diabetes.uk
> if you're not from the US. Then, if you want specific help, pick one (or
> all) and introduce yourself with some info on HbA1c, weight, FBgs, diet
> etc.
>
> I won't give recommendations - lurk a while and make up your own mind.
> Some of the groups get a bit rambunctious at times, but if you read the
> information sandwiched between the OTs it will save your life or your
> vision or your limbs.
>
> While you make up your mind, please read the advice on testing at
> http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm . For me, that
> was the single most important piece of advice I read after diagnosis.
> I'm biased because it worked for me. After you read that, go back and
> read the label on your ice-cream to see what the carb content is. I find
> that the premium ones are better - but if you read a.s.d I posted on
> that today there.
>
> And congratulations on the 3 years. You'll also notice some people with
> a similar history if you lurk on those groups.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
> Remove weight and carbs to email.

Thanks,

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Jefferson N. Glapski

"Crone" > wrote in message
> Jefferson N. Glapski wrote:

> >>Hey, works for me!

> > The fine qualities of vegetable protein are not that it is low or no

fat. It
> > is that animal proteins are broken down differently than vegetable

proteins
> > by your kidneys. Fats are fine.
> >

> They are not fine for everyone. High cholesterol and all that.

Dietary cholesterol != blood cholesterol. Tell your liver.

--
Jefferson N. Glapski
http://www.glapski.com

Jefferson N. Glapski

"Crone" > wrote in message
> Jefferson N. Glapski wrote:

> >>Hey, works for me!

> > The fine qualities of vegetable protein are not that it is low or no

fat. It
> > is that animal proteins are broken down differently than vegetable

proteins
> > by your kidneys. Fats are fine.
> >

> They are not fine for everyone. High cholesterol and all that.

Dietary cholesterol != blood cholesterol. Tell your liver.

--
Jefferson N. Glapski
http://www.glapski.com

Andrew Smith

"Jefferson N. Glapski" > wrote in
message news:E3WSc.9507$X12.5169@edtnps84...
> "Crone" > wrote in message
> > Jefferson N. Glapski wrote:

one

> > > The fine qualities of vegetable protein are not that it is low or no

> fat. It
> > > is that animal proteins are broken down differently than vegetable

> proteins
> > > by your kidneys. Fats are fine.
> > >

> > They are not fine for everyone. High cholesterol and all that.

> Dietary cholesterol != blood cholesterol. Tell your liver.

For some of us, that isn't true.

a.

Andrew Smith

"Jefferson N. Glapski" > wrote in
message news:E3WSc.9507$X12.5169@edtnps84...
> "Crone" > wrote in message
> > Jefferson N. Glapski wrote:

one

> > > The fine qualities of vegetable protein are not that it is low or no

> fat. It
> > > is that animal proteins are broken down differently than vegetable

> proteins
> > > by your kidneys. Fats are fine.
> > >

> > They are not fine for everyone. High cholesterol and all that.

> Dietary cholesterol != blood cholesterol. Tell your liver.

For some of us, that isn't true.

a.

Textured Soy Protein How to Prepare? Christopher Richards Vegetarian cooking 10 08-08-2006 05:02 PM
Textured Protein mydaj Asian Cooking 4 27-07-2005 02:24 AM
Protien shakes for the "buff". OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 0 10-05-2005 04:56 AM
whey protien ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 3 25-11-2004 02:51 AM
TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)...??? Gregory Morrow General Cooking 17 27-07-2004 03:00 AM