Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:57:58 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> wrote:

>I took my blood sugar just now and to my amazement, it is "99!" It has
>dropped nearly three hundred points in 5.5 hours with no medication of
>any sort. My blood is flowing like water! Very thin. I bled all over my
>clothes when I stuck my middle finger on my left hand.

Why does that surprise you? It doesn't surprise me. it just means that
you are producing some insulin, just not enough and at the wrong time.

Read Jennifer, start testing to a system instead of randomly, and you
will start to understand what is happening after you eat and what you
need to do to get a degree of control.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:57:58 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> wrote:

>I took my blood sugar just now and to my amazement, it is "99!" It has
>dropped nearly three hundred points in 5.5 hours with no medication of
>any sort. My blood is flowing like water! Very thin. I bled all over my
>clothes when I stuck my middle finger on my left hand.

Why does that surprise you? It doesn't surprise me. it just means that
you are producing some insulin, just not enough and at the wrong time.

Read Jennifer, start testing to a system instead of randomly, and you
will start to understand what is happening after you eat and what you
need to do to get a degree of control.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Alan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:57:58 -0500, Schuyler Colfax
> wrote:

>I took my blood sugar just now and to my amazement, it is "99!" It has
>dropped nearly three hundred points in 5.5 hours with no medication of
>any sort. My blood is flowing like water! Very thin. I bled all over my
>clothes when I stuck my middle finger on my left hand.

Why does that surprise you? It doesn't surprise me. it just means that
you are producing some insulin, just not enough and at the wrong time.

Read Jennifer, start testing to a system instead of randomly, and you
will start to understand what is happening after you eat and what you
need to do to get a degree of control.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Beav

"BJ in Texas" > wrote in message
m...

> "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> > Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could

> harm children
> >
> > CHRISTIAN WIENBERG
> >
> > Associated Press
> >
> > COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish health officials said Wednesday they have

> banned several
> > vitamin-enriched products of U.S. breakfast cereal maker Kellogg, saying

> they could be harmful if
> > eaten regularly.

> It is likely political rather than content of the cereals. Has the U.S.
> recently banned any Danish products?
> What contry is the cereal to be manufactured in? Possibly someplace

besides
> Denmark? does Kellog
> have a manufacturing facility in Demark?

BJ, not every decision in the world is political, or based on the American
view. Kellogg puts way too much crap in it's "special brew" cereal, and the
Danes don't like it. It's simple really.

Beav

Beav

"BJ in Texas" > wrote in message
m...

> "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> > Danish health authorities ban some Kellogg products, saying they could

> harm children
> >
> > CHRISTIAN WIENBERG
> >
> > Associated Press
> >
> > COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish health officials said Wednesday they have

> banned several
> > vitamin-enriched products of U.S. breakfast cereal maker Kellogg, saying

> they could be harmful if
> > eaten regularly.

> It is likely political rather than content of the cereals. Has the U.S.
> recently banned any Danish products?
> What contry is the cereal to be manufactured in? Possibly someplace

besides
> Denmark? does Kellog
> have a manufacturing facility in Demark?

BJ, not every decision in the world is political, or based on the American
view. Kellogg puts way too much crap in it's "special brew" cereal, and the
Danes don't like it. It's simple really.

Beav

Wes Groleau

SC wrote:
> Well I had a huge bowl of cereal about 60 minutes ago. It was Rice
> Krispies and generic brand Corn flakes. Again I used 5 packs of Splenda,
> 4 packs of Nutrasweet 1 pack of sweet and low, along with about 2/3rds
> of a cup of real sugar. I'm going to take my blood sugar now; again. I
> messed up the first strip by not pushing it in far enough. so I have to
> stick it again.Ill do my little finger this time so I don't get blood
> all over the keyboard. :-)
>
> And the reading issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Damn! 389!!!

Rice Krispies and corn flakes. Two grains
with most of the fiber removed and the remainder
ground very fine to ensure rapid absorption.
Look at the label: total carbohydrates--how many
grams? Now subtract the _small_ amount of fiber.
The rest is starch and sugar, both of which will
raise your blood sugar. Look a little lower at
the ingredients. Notice how many different sources
of sugar are added?

Then there's milk: 13 grams sugar per cup.

And 2/3 cup of plain sugar--by itself enough to
add about 200 mg/dL to the blood sugar of a
200 pound diabetic male.

So you see a level of 389. Twelve hours from now,
whatever insulin you produce in response to that
will have knocked it down to normal, more likely
below normal. But if you are a type 2 diabetic,
this will take more time and more insulin than a
"normal" person. During that time, the higher
level of BG is damaging your body. And some medical
researchers believe the higher level of insulin also
causes damage.

I sound a bit harsh and blunt, but I am not trying
to hurt your feelings. You REALLY need to learn
a little more about metabolism in general and yours
in particular. For the sake of your health.

--
Wes Groleau

People would have more leisure time if it weren't
for all the leisure-time activities that use it up.
-- Peg Bracken
Wes Groleau