Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Microwave Honey Almond Apple Pie Alamode Recipe

Microwave Honey Almond Apple Pie Alamode Recipe

If you have a craving for apple pie alamode this tastes just like it and it
can be dish in hand within 5 minutes! I actually like this better than apple
pie now. Plus, if you're on a diet or a diabetic then you can serve it with
diabetic ice-cream and add some artificial sweetener to taste. It will only
taste like you're breaking the rules.

The apple you choose really make the taste and so pick your favorite apple
that you think would taste great in an apple pie; normally you would avoid
apples that go mushy when heated, but you don't have to worry about this
here so pick your favorite apple. If you want a suggestion I recommend
Granny Smith, McIntosh, Cortland or Red Delicious. Other great apples a
Northern Spy, Greening, Stayman, Jonamac, Macoun, Russet, Mutsu, York
Imperial, For a tart pie go with Jonathan, Jonagold, Winesap and Pippin
apples. For a sweeter taste try Fuji, Pink Lady, Suncrisp, Rome Beauty, and
Empire apples.

Ingredients:

1 Apple, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Cortland or Red Delicious
25 Almonds (a small handful)
2-4 Tbs. Honey (or substitute artificial sweetner for some or all of the
honey)
2-3 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Bowls Ice Cream
1 Sqeeze Lemon Juice; optional for Dutch Apple taste
1 Sprinkle Liqueur; optional for Dutch Apple taste

Directions:

1.. Slice Apple into very thin slices, then dice fine and place into a
bowl.
2.. Finely dice Almonds and add them into the bowl.
3.. Mix the Almonds and Apple slices together.
4.. Pour to taste, a light sprinkle of Honey over the tops of the
Almond-Apple mix; you can substitute artificial sweetener for some or all of
the honey.
5.. Sprinkle to taste, Cinnamon over the top of the Almond-Apple mix.
6.. Lightly mix entire bowl contents.
7.. Heat on high in microwave for 1 minute; stir slightly and then
microwave again for 1 additional minute or until the apples are really soft
and steamy hot.
8.. Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream.
9.. Optionally for a Dutch Apple taste, squeeze lemon juice over the top
and sprinkle with your favorite liqueur to taste; obviously doing this
sparingly and only if a doctor allows.
Servings: 2
Preparation: 5 minutes

Author: Mark Main

Source: RecipesToDieFor.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Not low carb with honey, but you could substitute
da vinci's syrup or splenda for the honey
and serve with with frozen cool whip and it would be much lower carbs
I might try it.

"Mark Main" > wrote in message
news
> Microwave Honey Almond Apple Pie Alamode Recipe
> 1 Apple, Granny Smith, McIntosh, Cortland or Red Delicious
> 25 Almonds (a small handful)
> 2-4 Tbs. Honey (or substitute artificial sweetner for some or all of the
> honey)
> 2-3 tsp. Cinnamon
> 2 Bowls Ice Cream
> 1 Sqeeze Lemon Juice; optional for Dutch Apple taste
> 1 Sprinkle Liqueur; optional for Dutch Apple taste
>
> Directions:
>
> 1.. Slice Apple into very thin slices, then dice fine and place into a
> bowl.
> 2.. Finely dice Almonds and add them into the bowl.
> 3.. Mix the Almonds and Apple slices together.
> 4.. Pour to taste, a light sprinkle of Honey over the tops of the
> Almond-Apple mix; you can substitute artificial sweetener for some or all
> of the honey.
> 5.. Sprinkle to taste, Cinnamon over the top of the Almond-Apple mix.
> 6.. Lightly mix entire bowl contents.
> 7.. Heat on high in microwave for 1 minute; stir slightly and then
> microwave again for 1 additional minute or until the apples are really
> soft and steamy hot.
> 8.. Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream.
> 9.. Optionally for a Dutch Apple taste, squeeze lemon juice over the top
> and sprinkle with your favorite liqueur to taste; obviously doing this
> sparingly and only if a doctor allows.
> Servings: 2
> Preparation: 5 minutes
>
> Author: Mark Main
>
> Source: RecipesToDieFor.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article
tworksllc>,
"Larry Fisk" > wrote:

> Not low carb with honey, but you could substitute
> da vinci's syrup or splenda for the honey
> and serve with with frozen cool whip and it would be much lower carbs
> I might try it.

Frozen Cool Whip? What's wrong with low-carb ice cream?

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article
> tworksllc>,
> "Larry Fisk" > wrote:
>
>> Not low carb with honey, but you could substitute
>> da vinci's syrup or splenda for the honey
>> and serve with with frozen cool whip and it would be much lower carbs
>> I might try it.

> Frozen Cool Whip? What's wrong with low-carb ice cream?

This dessert (with the honey subbed) with some low carb ice cream wouldn't
do my bg's any harm. It sounds delicious to me. I would use coarse almond
meal (which is widely available here) but an equivalent less than the 25
almonds stated in the recipe. Probably aobut 1/8th of a cup of the meal. I
would use with low carb "fake" maple syrup or low carb caramel sauce for the
honey - again, a bit less as I don't like overly sweet things.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-archive: Yes

Peppermint Patootie wrote:

> Frozen Cool Whip? What's wrong with low-carb ice cream?

Or fresh real whipped cream? Or Land O Lakes sugar free real whipped
heavy cream?

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-archive: yes

>> Author: Mark Main
>>
>> Source: RecipesToDieFrom.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> But... He has the mystery diabetic ice cream! What is diabetic ice cream?

There are several low-carb ice creams on the market, I believe.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> But... He has the mystery diabetic ice cream! What is diabetic ice
>> cream?

> There are several low-carb ice creams on the market, I believe.

But in my mind, low carb and diabetic aren't the same thing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> >
> >> But... He has the mystery diabetic ice cream! What is diabetic ice
> >> cream?

> > There are several low-carb ice creams on the market, I believe.

> But in my mind, low carb and diabetic aren't the same thing.

OK. They are in mine.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message

>> > There are several low-carb ice creams on the market, I believe.

>> But in my mind, low carb and diabetic aren't the same thing.

> OK. They are in mine.
>
> PP

And in mine. Heavy Cream is not particulary problematic to most diabetics
as far as their blood glucose is concerned. It may be a concern to some
people for weight or cholesterol concerns, but not BG's. I whip it with
splenda and a bit of vanilla.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> But in my mind, low carb and diabetic aren't the same thing.

> > OK. They are in mine.
> >
> > PP

> And in mine. Heavy Cream is not particulary problematic to most diabetics
> as far as their blood glucose is concerned. It may be a concern to some
> people for weight or cholesterol concerns, but not BG's. I whip it with
> splenda and a bit of vanilla.

I'm not sure why it would be a cholesterol concern. Serum cholesterol
is related much more to body needs and carb consumption than it is to
cholesterol consumption.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message

>> > OK. They are in mine.
>> >
>> > PP

>> And in mine. Heavy Cream is not particulary problematic to most
>> diabetics
>> as far as their blood glucose is concerned. It may be a concern to some
>> people for weight or cholesterol concerns, but not BG's. I whip it with
>> splenda and a bit of vanilla.

> I'm not sure why it would be a cholesterol concern. Serum cholesterol
> is related much more to body needs and carb consumption than it is to
> cholesterol consumption.
>
> Priscilla

There are still a lot of people who associate blood cholesterol with dietary
cholesterol, even though the connection is not all that solid.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:

: "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
: ...
: > In article >,
: > "Evelyn" > wrote:
: >
: >> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
: >> ...
: >> > In article >,
: >> > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
: >> >
: >> >> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
: >> >> ...
: >> >> > In article >,
: >> >> > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
: >> >> >
: >> >> >> But... He has the mystery diabetic ice cream! What is diabetic
: >> >> >> ice
: >> >> >> cream?
: >> >> >
: >> >> > There are several low-carb ice creams on the market, I believe.
: >> >>
: >> >> But in my mind, low carb and diabetic aren't the same thing.
: >> >
: >> > OK. They are in mine.
: >> >
: >> > PP
: >>
: >> And in mine. Heavy Cream is not particulary problematic to most
: >> diabetics
: >> as far as their blood glucose is concerned. It may be a concern to some
: >> people for weight or cholesterol concerns, but not BG's. I whip it with
: >> splenda and a bit of vanilla.
: >
: > I'm not sure why it would be a cholesterol concern. Serum cholesterol
: > is related much more to body needs and carb consumption than it is to
: > cholesterol consumption.
: >
: > Priscilla

: There are still a lot of people who associate blood cholesterol with dietary
: cholesterol, even though the connection is not all that solid.

: Evelyn

And sat fats worry many.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> : >> And in mine. Heavy Cream is not particulary problematic to most
> : >> diabetics
> : >> as far as their blood glucose is concerned. It may be a concern to
> : >> some
> : >> people for weight or cholesterol concerns, but not BG's. I whip it
> : >> with
> : >> splenda and a bit of vanilla.
> : >
> : > I'm not sure why it would be a cholesterol concern. Serum cholesterol
> : > is related much more to body needs and carb consumption than it is to
> : > cholesterol consumption.
> : >
> : > Priscilla
>
> : There are still a lot of people who associate blood cholesterol with
> : dietary
> : cholesterol, even though the connection is not all that solid.
>
> : Evelyn
>
> And sat fats worry many.
>
> Wendy

People are capable of worrying about pretty much anything.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>>
>>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in
>>> message

>>> And in mine. Heavy Cream is not particulary problematic to most
>>> diabetics
>>> as far as their blood glucose is concerned. It may be a concern
>>> to some people for weight or cholesterol concerns, but not BG's. I whip
>>> it with splenda and a bit of vanilla.

>> I'm not sure why it would be a cholesterol concern. Serum
>> cholesterol is related much more to body needs and carb consumption
>> than it is to cholesterol consumption.
>>
>> Priscilla

> There are still a lot of people who associate blood cholesterol with
> dietary cholesterol, even though the connection is not all that solid.

That's excess dietary consumption. For one eating a normal amount of food
with no excess in pricessed carbs and sat/trans fat then blood cholesterol
levels shouldn't be a problem. Do be aware though that sat fats and
processed carbs (amongst other things) cause inflammation after meals and
damage the endothelium through oxidative stress which in turn damages the
arteries making CVD a big risk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie wrote:

>>> There are still a lot of people who associate blood cholesterol with
>>> dietary
>>> cholesterol, even though the connection is not all that solid.

>>> Evelyn

>> And sat fats worry many.
>>
>> Wendy

> People are capable of worrying about pretty much anything.
>
> PP

True, but CVD is a major concern for diabetics. With the preceding
lifestyle and bad diet some damage has already been done to the arteries
becasue of oxidative stress. IMO we don't need to further that damage when a
small change in eating habits can happen easily (i.e. exchanging bad fats
for good fats).

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> Peppermint Patootie wrote:

> >> And sat fats worry many.
> >>
> >> Wendy

> > People are capable of worrying about pretty much anything.
> >
> > PP

> True, but CVD is a major concern for diabetics. With the preceding
> lifestyle and bad diet some damage has already been done to the arteries
> becasue of oxidative stress. IMO we don't need to further that damage when a
> small change in eating habits can happen easily (i.e. exchanging bad fats
> for good fats).

I agree. What I disagree with you on is what constitutes healthful
eating as opposed to unhealthful eating.

PP