Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Success with Apple Dessert

Well, this yar I tried a new apple variation and it worked very well. As
I was akign this to my Son's house, I made itin a aluminum throw-way pan.
Next time I wll use a slightly deeper one. It is a coss beween a one
crust pie(Top) and an apple betty. I used the Rhode Island greeneing
apples that my mother swore by and they worked. Hee is he (heavy in
cinnamon) recipe.

Apple Nut Dessert

Filling
3 lb apples(Rhode Island Greenings if available) peeled, cored and sliced
Ground cinnamon(to taste)
Artificial sweetener(I used Splenda) to taste
Ground cloves, if available-small amount

Topping 12 oz shelled walnuts coarsely ground( pulsed in food processor,
but not to flour consistancy)
Cinnamon to taste-don't overdo
(butter) I did not use , but it would be good in dots on top.

Mix apples cinnamon and sweetener in a bolw and taste. adjust cinnamon
and sweetener to taste. Place apple mix into a large pie pan, cassarole
or rectangular alluninum pan and spread evenly. Mix nuts with cinnamonand
spread over apples. Make sure there is plenty, not just a light sprinkle.
Dot with butter, is using and place into a 400F oven, which you turn down
to 350 after about 10 mins. Cook until aples ae soft and done .

Alternate which I plan to try, but have not yet.

Place aluminim foil, tightly, but with a central air hole, over aples
withut the topping and bake for about 15-20 mins. Remove froem oven and
add topping, returning pan to oven, now uncovered. this should result in
somewhat jucier apples and no soggy nuts, which doing it al uder aluminum
foil would do.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Well, this yar I tried a new apple variation and it worked very well. As
> I was akign this to my Son's house, I made itin a aluminum throw-way pan.
> Next time I wll use a slightly deeper one. It is a coss beween a one
> crust pie(Top) and an apple betty. I used the Rhode Island greeneing
> apples that my mother swore by and they worked. Hee is he (heavy in
> cinnamon) recipe.
>
> Apple Nut Dessert
> [saved and snipped]

That sounds great, Wendy. Post the recipe on rec.cuisine.jewish.moderated.
I'll be posting regularly there again, as soon as my book arrives from
bubbesbookshelf.

Hope Syd is OK, too. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061