Old 12-11-2009, 11:16 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Archer Farms Pasta Sauce. Pppyuck!

In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i didn't think so but wasn't sure, am still learning, and DH is getting
used to reading carbs, he is programmed to ingr. and the things i need for
points so it is a slow learnig curve for both of us... i totally failed on
the dessert... i asked him to ge t the lowest point angel food cake mix
available... when he got it home i made the dessert, yummy but while the
cake was cooking i was horrified when he read the carbs, 32 per serving and
instead of flour for the first ingr. it was sugar... we won't be making
this again after i use the second box. Lee

Yeah. Apparently it's low in fat but not carbs.

If you *have* to eat a full sugar dessert, a small slice of plain
cheesecake is lovely, and all the fat slows the spike a bit. Cheesecake
made with artificial sweetener is even better, but if you're trapped in
a dessert bar and you HAVE to eat something (and berries and cream
aren't available), go for the cheesecake.

PP

Old 13-11-2009, 04:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

its no fat and very low in calories for a cake mix, but the sugar just
slapped me in the face, if we still had the register tape i would return it,
but since we don't i will use it up or donate it not sure which. but i can
swear on a stack of cook books this won't happen again, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

Old 13-11-2009, 04:25 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

i wason the hunt for a jelly roll for my brother, i had cooked a bag of
frozen mixed berries and splenda to get it for the filling but this won't
work. He loves berry desserts and jelly roll things so i fugred i would
give it a shot... this would make him need a couple of shots, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Peppermint Patootie" wrote in message
news

Old 13-11-2009, 05:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I just like mixed berries prepared with a bit of Splenda with whipped cream
on top....with frozen fruit you can even eat it in the winter. Sugar free
Vanilla pudding with a tablespoon of fruit on top with whipped cream is also
tasty When eating cheesecake at a restaurant try not to eat any crust and
that will help cut the carbs...and don't eat the whole thing....I am usually
satisfied with just two or three bites.

Old 13-11-2009, 05:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

dh and i have shared desserts for years when eating out, really works well.
Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

m...

Old 13-11-2009, 10:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Jacquie wrote:
I just like mixed berries prepared with a bit of Splenda with whipped
cream on top....with frozen fruit you can even eat it in the winter.
Sugar free Vanilla pudding with a tablespoon of fruit on top with
whipped cream is also tasty When eating cheesecake at a restaurant
try not to eat any crust and that will help cut the carbs...and don't
eat the whole thing....I am usually satisfied with just two or three
bites.

Berries set in sugar free berry flavoured jellies (jell-o) are great too.
Adds some substance to a dessert.

Nice way to make a diabetic cranberry jelly too. Even a mint jelly for
meats. Use a lemon flavoured one and add some brown vinegar and lots of
chopped mint to the hot water when preparing.

Old 13-11-2009, 10:24 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i wason the hunt for a jelly roll for my brother, i had cooked a bag of
frozen mixed berries and splenda to get it for the filling but this won't
work. He loves berry desserts and jelly roll things so i fugred i would
give it a shot... this would make him need a couple of shots, Lee

Most anything that requires flour isn't going to work well for a diabetic.
Better things are things made with nuts, eggs, cream or cream cheese. I've
seen flourless cake recipes and cakes made with almond meal, but they
probably wouldn't work for that.

One thing I've done is to make strawberry Jell-O and add plenty of fresh or
frozen strawberries or mixed berries. That might work.

Old 14-11-2009, 09:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:11:34 +1000, "Ozgirl"
wrote:

Nice way to make a diabetic cranberry jelly too. Even a mint jelly for
meats. Use a lemon flavoured one and add some brown vinegar and lots of
chopped mint to the hot water when preparing.

Hah - cool tip

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Old 15-11-2009, 05:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

am leaning towards the fruit jello... what really got me was there ws more
sugar than flour in this thing... Lee

--
Have a wonderful day